* MKIV bug
@ 2009-01-17 14:55 Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-01-17 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Hans

Using context=experimental, the following cross references all appear as ??
MKII works fine.

\placeformula \startformula \startalign
 \NC v \NC = u + at \NR[eq:v]
 \NC h \NC = ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR[eq:h]
\stopalign \stopformula
Equation (\in[eq:v]) tells the final velocity after
time $t$ and equation (\in[eq:h]) tells the distance
travelled in time $t$.

Yue Wang

* Re: MKIV bug
@ 2009-01-17 18:35 ` Longmin Wang
From: Longmin Wang @ 2009-01-17 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

But it works fine here with both context=experimental and
context=beta. The versions are ``2009.01.17 00:15'' for experimental
and ``2009.01.14 11:29'' for beta.

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:55:48PM +0800, Yue Wang wrote:
>Hi, Hans
>
>Using context=experimental, the following cross references all appear as ??
>MKII works fine.
>

>\placeformula \startformula \startalign
> \NC v \NC = u + at \NR[eq:v]
> \NC h \NC = ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR[eq:h]
>\stopalign \stopformula
>Equation (\in[eq:v]) tells the final velocity after
>time $t$ and equation (\in[eq:h]) tells the distance
>travelled in time $t$.
>

>Yue Wang

Longmin Wang <longminwang@gmail.com>
Math. Dept., Nankai Univ., China
http://math.nankai.edu.cn/~wanglm/
GnuPG-Key ID: 1024D/2A5CFA5C
Fingerprint: 8587 1246 3AAD C185 D419  ADF1 B620 D8B8 2A5C FA5C

* Re: MKIV bug
@ 2009-01-17 20:02   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-01-17 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Longmin Wang wrote:
> But it works fine here with both context=experimental and
> context=beta. The versions are ``2009.01.17 00:15'' for experimental
> and ``2009.01.14 11:29'' for beta.

Appears fine here as well, with context 2009.01.17 00:15. But I assume
your test file was longer thatn just the little block below. Perhaps
you should post a full file.

Btw, the example breaks with cont-xp, but in a different way:
it throws an error at me about an undefined control sequence
(\currentformulassynchronize).

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: MKIV bug
@ 2009-01-18  5:06     ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-01-18  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Taco:

> Appears fine here as well, with context 2009.01.17 00:15. But I assume
> your test file was longer thatn just the little block below. Perhaps
> you should post a full file.
>
> Btw, the example breaks with cont-xp, but in a different way:
> it throws an error at me about an undefined control sequence
> (\currentformulassynchronize).

OK, in fact the whole file is just add \bye at the end of that piece of code.

This works well on both mkii and mkiv:
\starttext
\placeformula \startformula \startalign
 \NC v \NC = u + at \NR[eq:v]
 \NC h \NC = ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR[eq:h]
\stopalign \stopformula
Equation (\in[eq:v]) tells the final velocity after
time $t$ and equation (\in[eq:h]) tells the distance
travelled in time $t$.
\stoptext

and this only works in MKII, not mkiv:
\placeformula \startformula \startalign
 \NC v \NC = u + at \NR[eq:v]
 \NC h \NC = ut + \frac12 gt^2 \NR[eq:h]
\stopalign \stopformula
Equation (\in[eq:v]) tells the final velocity after
time $t$ and equation (\in[eq:h]) tells the distance
travelled in time $t$.
\bye

Another problem which I reported a few weeks ago is still not solved.
when I use a sans font, like \setupbodyfont[iwona, ss,12pt], the label
for the equation still uses roman font unless i manually change them
by \setupformulae. I think this can be improved.

Yue Wang

* Re: MKIV bug
@ 2009-01-18 10:52       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-01-18 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2009-01-18 um 06:06 schrieb Yue Wang:

> OK, in fact the whole file is just add \bye at the end of that piece
> of code.
>
> This works well on both mkii and mkiv:
> \starttext
>
> \stoptext
>
> and this only works in MKII, not mkiv:
>
> \bye

Why do you expect ConTeXt to work without \start|stoptext ?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: MKIV bug
@ 2009-01-18 12:12         ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-01-18 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Why do you expect ConTeXt to work without \start|stoptext ?

Well, it used to work, and i use it a lot in my own document.
(both mkiv and mkii support this before the 2008.11.10 version)

Yue Wang

* Re: MKIV bug
@ 2009-01-18 12:54           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-01-18 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Why do you expect ConTeXt to work without \start|stoptext ?
>
> Well, it used to work, and i use it a lot in my own document.
> (both mkiv and mkii support this before the 2008.11.10 version)

start/stoptext is really needed in order to let multipass info work

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE