* BibTeX problems (urgent): warning: cite argument bridson unknown on 139
@ 2009-02-17 16:47 Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-02-17 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a context mem2.tex document with:

% Modules
\usemodule[bib]
\usemodule[bibltx]

% Bibliography options
\setupbibtex[database=mem2]
\setuppublications [numbering=yes, sort=author, criterium=all]
\setuppublications [alternative=ams]
\setupheadtext[ca][pubs=Referències]
\setuppublicationlist[authoretallimit=3]
\setuppublicationlist[authoretaltext={\it\  et al.}]
\setuppublicationlist[authoretaldisplay=1]

and mem2.bib with:

@Book{craft,
  author =     "Wayne C. Booth and Gregory G. Colomb and Joseph M.
Williams",
  title =      "The Craft of Research",
  publisher =      "The University of Chicago Press",
  year =      2008,
  address =     "Chicago",
  edition =     "Third"
}

@unpublished{nagorko,
  author =     "Nagórko, Andrzej",
  title =      "{ I}ntroduction to Geometric Group Theory. {A}n
introductory talk about basic notions of Geometric Group Theory, with
emphasis on asymptotic invariants of groups",
  year =      2007,
  note =     "\from[nagorko-pdf] (accedida el febrer de 2009). Pareix
que forma part del seminari Probability and Ergodic Theory"
}

@Book{llibre-estil,
  editor = "{Govern de les Illes Balears}",
  title = "Llibre d'estil",
  publisher = "amadip.esment",
  year = 2006,
  pages = 614,
  note = "\from[govern-me] (accedida el febrer de 2009)"

}

@article{bridson,
 author = "Martin R. Bridson",
 title = "On the geometry of normal forms in discrete groups",
 journal = "Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society",
 year = "1993",
 volume = "67",
 pages = "595-616"
}

@manual{context-eni,
 title = "Con\TeX t, the manual",
 author = "Hans Hagen",
 year = "2001",
 month = "nov",
 organization = "Pragma-{ADE}",
 address = "Ridderstraat 27, 8061GH Hasselt. Països Baixos",
 note = "\from[context-manual-pdf], \from[contextgarden]"
}

@article{scm,
 title = "Com cal escriure en matemàtiques",
 author = "Paul R. Halmos",
 journal = "Butlletí de la Societat Catalana de Matemàtiques",
 volume = "21",
 number = "1",
 year = "2006",
 pages = "53-79"
}

@book{epstein,
 author = "Epstein, David B. A. and J. W. Cannon and D. F. Holt and S.
V. F. Levy and M. S. Paterson and W. P. Thurston",
 title = "Word processing in groups",
 publishers="Jones and Barlett Publishers",
 year= "1992"
}

@unpublished{article,
  author =     "Xavier Bordoy",
  title =      "{ U}na generalització de l'amplada d'una secció",
  year =      2009,
  note =     "Com a part de l'assignatura Tècniques de recerca i
comunicació científica"
}

When I run texec, it gives more lot of errors:
warning: cite argument [reference] unknown on 139

I don't know why I do wrong.

(I use \cite[nagorko] for example)

Thanks,
Xan.

* Re: BibTeX problems (urgent): warning: cite argument bridson unknown on 139
@ 2009-02-17 20:39 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-02-17 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Xan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a context mem2.tex document with:
>
> % Modules
> \usemodule[bib]
> \usemodule[bibltx]

You do not need bibltx if you are using a bib file.

> [...]

> number = "1",
> year = "2006",
> pages = "53-79"
> }
>
> @book{epstein,
> author = "Epstein, David B. A. and J. W. Cannon and D. F. Holt and S. V. F.
> Levy and M. S. Paterson and W. P. Thurston",
> title = "Word processing in groups",
> publishers="Jones and Barlett Publishers",
> year= "1992"
> }
>
> @unpublished{article,
> author =     "Xavier Bordoy",
> title =      "{ U}na generalització de l'amplada d'una secció",
> year =      2009,
> note =     "Com a part de l'assignatura Tècniques de recerca i comunicació
> científica"
> }
>
> When I run texec, it gives more lot of errors:
> warning: cite argument [reference] unknown on 139

My test file works fine here.

> I don't know why I do wrong.
>
> (I use \cite[nagorko] for example)

Try to create a complete minimal example, like

\starttext
In an interesting work \cite[nagorko] , \unknown
\placepublications
\stoptext

and tell what the exact error message is.

Aditya

* Re: BibTeX problems (urgent): warning: cite argument bridson unknown on 139
@ 2009-02-18 15:31   ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-02-18 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

En/na Aditya Mahajan ha escrit:
> [...]
>> year= "1992"
>> }
>>
>> @unpublished{article,
>> author =     "Xavier Bordoy",
>> title =      "{ U}na generalització de l'amplada d'una secció",
>> year =      2009,
>> note =     "Com a part de l'assignatura Tècniques de recerca i
>> comunicació científica"
>> }
>>
>> When I run texec, it gives more lot of errors:
>> warning: cite argument [reference] unknown on 139
>
> My test file works fine here.
>
>> I don't know why I do wrong.
>>
>> (I use \cite[nagorko] for example)
>
> Try to create a complete minimal example, like
>
> \starttext
> In an interesting work \cite[nagorko] , \unknown
> \placepublications
> \stoptext
>
> and tell what the exact error message is.

This minimal example works well. So I don't know what fails.
I will send you a private message with the document. If in my document I
substitute ams by apa-fr it shows cite items,.... sttrange.

@ 2009-02-18 20:13     ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-02-18 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

En/na Xan ha escrit:
> [...]
>>> year =      2009,
>>> note =     "Com a part de l'assignatura Tècniques de recerca i
>>> comunicació científica"
>>> }
>>>
>>> When I run texec, it gives more lot of errors:
>>> warning: cite argument [reference] unknown on 139
>>
>> My test file works fine here.
>>
>>> I don't know why I do wrong.
>>>
>>> (I use \cite[nagorko] for example)
>>
>> Try to create a complete minimal example, like
>>
>> \starttext
>> In an interesting work \cite[nagorko] , \unknown
>> \placepublications
>> \stoptext
>>
>> and tell what the exact error message is.
>>
>> Aditya
>>

> This minimal example works well. So I don't know what fails.
> I will send you a private message with the document. If in my document
> I substitute ams by apa-fr it shows cite items,.... sttrange.

Thanks to Aditya, the "error" is fixing just changing

\completepublications

\completepublications[criterium=all].

I post it for useful for future people with the same error.

And, thanks to all of you that helped me. Publicly, thank you.

Xan.