* Up the contents of table
@ 2009-03-04 21:31 Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-03-04 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Is there any way of "upping" the contents of a table?
I have this example:

\startframedtext[background=screen,frame=off,width=broad]

\startalignment[center]
{\ssbf Com s'identifica una funció mitjançant la seva representació
gràfica?}
\stopalignment

\placetable[here,none]
[taula]
{ }
{
\starttable[|l|xw(4.5cm)p(4.5cm)|l]
\HL
\NC
% Una relació que no és funció 1
\starttikzpicture[scale=0.8]
    \draw[very thin,color=gray] (-0.1,-1.1) grid (3.9,3.9);
    \draw[->] (-0.2,0) -- (4.2,0) node[right] {$x$};
    \draw[->] (0,-1.2) -- (0,4.2) node[above] {$y$};

    \path
    coordinate (start) at (0,4)
    coordinate (c1) at +(5,3)
    coordinate (c2) at +(5,1.75)
    coordinate (slut) at (2.7,.5)
    coordinate (top) at (4.2,2);

    \draw[color=red,important line] (start) .. controls (c1) and (c2) ..
(slut);
\stoptikzpicture
\NC
Si algun valor de $x$ li correspon més d'un valor de $y$, aleshores la
gràfica no correspon a una funció. Sinó sí que correspon a una funció.
\NC
% Una relació que no és funció 1
\starttikzpicture[scale=0.8]
    \draw[very thin,color=gray] (-0.1,-1.1) grid (3.9,3.9);
    \draw[->] (-0.2,0) -- (4.2,0) node[right] {$x$};
    \draw[->] (0,-1.2) -- (0,4.2) node[above] {$y$};

    \path
    coordinate (start) at (0,4)
    coordinate (c1) at +(5,3)
    coordinate (c2) at +(5,1.75)
    coordinate (slut) at (2.7,.5)
    coordinate (top) at (4.2,2);

    \draw[color=red,important line] (start) .. controls (c1) and (c2) ..
(slut);

\stoptikzpicture
\LR
\HL
\stoptable}
\stopframedtext

and the text is bottom the table.

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

PS: Please, CCme.

* Re: Up the contents of table
@ 2009-03-04 23:51 ` Wolfgang Schuster
       [not found]   ` <49AF88B4.1070409@telefonica.net>
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-04 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.03.2009 um 22:31 schrieb Xan:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way of "upping" the contents of a table?
> I have this example:

I'm right you want to place the caption above the table?

\setupcaption[table][location=top,style=\ssbf]

\placetable
   [here,none]
   [taula]
   {Com s'identifica una funció mitjançant la seva representació
gràfica?}
   {\starttable
    \stoptable}

Wolfgang

* Re: Up the contents of table
       [not found]   ` <49AF88B4.1070409@telefonica.net>
@ 2009-03-05 10:47     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-05 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.03.2009 um 09:09 schrieb Xan:

> Thanks, Wolfgang, but I refered to contents of the table not the
> caption of the table. The contents of this table are: pictures in up
> and text in bottom. I want to put all together in the "up" of the
> table.

Sorry but with your question only there is no way to understand what
you mean,
I texed now your example (please add next time \starttext ...
\stoptext and
load all required packages) and saw what you mean.

The two pictures and the text in the middle column should align at the
top
of the table. Natural tables are better suited for this kind of table
because
you can use the 'align' key.

\bTABLE
[frame
=off,align=middle,width=4.5cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
   \bTR
     \bTD[nx=3,foregroundstyle=\ssbf] Com s'identifica una funció
mitjançant la seva representació gràfica? \eTD
   \eTR
   \bTR[topframe=on,bottomframe=on]
     \bTD <graph 1> \eTD
     \bTD <text> \eTD
     \bTD <graph 2> \eTD
   \eTR
\eTABLE

Wolfgang

* Re: Up the contents of table
@ 2009-03-05 15:13       ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-03-05 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

En/na Wolfgang Schuster ha escrit:

> Am 05.03.2009 um 09:09 schrieb Xan:
>
>> Thanks, Wolfgang, but I refered to contents of the table not the
>> caption of the table. The contents of this table are: pictures in up
>> and text in bottom. I want to put all together in the "up" of the table.
>
> Sorry but with your question only there is no way to understand what
> you mean,
> I texed now your example (please add next time \starttext ...
> \stoptext and
> load all required packages) and saw what you mean.
>
> The two pictures and the text in the middle column should align at the
> top
> of the table. Natural tables are better suited for this kind of table
> because
> you can use the 'align' key.
>
> \bTABLE[frame=off,align=middle,width=4.5cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
>
>   \bTR
>     \bTD[nx=3,foregroundstyle=\ssbf] Com s'identifica una funció
> mitjançant la seva representació gràfica? \eTD
>   \eTR
>   \bTR[topframe=on,bottomframe=on]
>     \bTD <graph 1> \eTD
>     \bTD <text> \eTD
>     \bTD <graph 2> \eTD
>   \eTR
> \eTABLE
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks a lot, Wolfgang. And sorry for the elipsis of the code. With
natural tables it works. But it shoudl work with the other tables. Is it
a bug?

Regards,
Xan.

* Re: Up the contents of table
@ 2009-03-05 15:30         ` Xan
       [not found]           ` <5BF5CA71-2A89-4EA6-8153-DEE48717F325@gmail.com>
From: Xan @ 2009-03-05 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

En/na Xan ha escrit:
> En/na Wolfgang Schuster ha escrit:
>>
>> Am 05.03.2009 um 09:09 schrieb Xan:
>>
>>> Thanks, Wolfgang, but I refered to contents of the table not the
>>> caption of the table. The contents of this table are: pictures in up
>>> and text in bottom. I want to put all together in the "up" of the
>>> table.
>>
>> Sorry but with your question only there is no way to understand what
>> you mean,
>> I texed now your example (please add next time \starttext ...
>> \stoptext and
>> load all required packages) and saw what you mean.
>>
>> The two pictures and the text in the middle column should align at
>> the top
>> of the table. Natural tables are better suited for this kind of table
>> because
>> you can use the 'align' key.
>>
>> \bTABLE[frame=off,align=middle,width=4.5cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]
>>
>>   \bTR
>>     \bTD[nx=3,foregroundstyle=\ssbf] Com s'identifica una funció
>> mitjançant la seva representació gràfica? \eTD
>>   \eTR
>>   \bTR[topframe=on,bottomframe=on]
>>     \bTD <graph 1> \eTD
>>     \bTD <text> \eTD
>>     \bTD <graph 2> \eTD
>>   \eTR
>> \eTABLE
>>
>> Wolfgang

Wolfgang, is there any way of align vertically the content of one cell?
I'm thinking about

bTABLE[frame=off,align=middle,width=4.5cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=gray]

  \bTR
    \bTD[nx=3,foregroundstyle=\ssbf] Com s'identifica una funció
mitjançant la seva representació gràfica? \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR[topframe=on,bottomframe=on]
    \bTD <graph 1> \eTD
    \bTD  [valign=middle] <text> \eTD
    \bTD <graph 2> \eTD
  \eTR
\eTABLE

Regards,
Xan.

* Re: Up the contents of table
       [not found]               ` <F59A051B-268E-4480-8B95-65F7CE69C4AC@gmail.com>
@ 2009-03-05 16:14                 ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-03-05 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

En/na Wolfgang Schuster ha escrit:

> Am 05.03.2009 um 16:57 schrieb Xan:
>
>> Lohi?
>> What it means?
>> Can you translate me the dicctionary:
>> valign = middle --> lohi
>> valign = bottom --> ?
>> valign = up --> ?
>
> Natural tables and \framed have only 'align' key which you can use
> to control horizontal *and* vertical alignment of the text.
>
> \starttext
> \bTABLE[height=2cm]
>   \bTR
>     \bTD[align=low] text \eTD
>     \bTD[align=lohi]text \eTD
>     \bTD[align=high]text \eTD
>   \eTR
> \eTABLE
> \stoptext
>
> o 'low' positions the text at the bottom of the box,
> o 'high' positions the text at the top of the box and
> o 'lohi' centers text vertical in the box.
>
> You can combine settings like 'align={lohi,middle}' to get vertical
> and horizontal centered text in the box.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks.
A lot,
Xan.

PS: I CC context mailing list because I don't find this explanation
nowhere. It could be useful for someone.

* Re: Up the contents of table
       [not found]           ` <5BF5CA71-2A89-4EA6-8153-DEE48717F325@gmail.com>
@ 2009-03-05 18:12           ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-03-05 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is an option [align=lohi] which should do what you want.

Willi

* Re: Up the contents of table
@ 2009-03-05 18:24             ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-03-05 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)