* boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-04 20:11 Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-03-04 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Is it possible to put "numerstyle=boldstyle" in this enumeration?:
\defineenumeration
  [exercici]

[text={\startcolor[middlecyan]Exercici\stopcolor},headstyle=bold,between=\blank,titledistance=0em,textdistance=1em,
stopper={.\space},location=serried,titleleft=(,titleright=),width=fit,headstyle=\ss]

For the other hand, is it possible to make it's a framed?

Thanks a lot,
Xan.

* Re: boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-04 20:28 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-03-04 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Xan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to put "numerstyle=boldstyle" in this enumeration?:
> \defineenumeration
> [exercici]
> [text={\startcolor[middlecyan]Exercici\stopcolor},headstyle=bold,between=\blank,titledistance=0em,textdistance=1em,
> stopper={.\space},location=serried,titleleft=(,titleright=),width=fit,headstyle=\ss]

numberstyle=bold should work.

You should use textcolor=middlecyan rather than explicit color command for
text.

> For the other hand, is it possible to make it's a framed?

Try numbercommand=\inframed.

Aditya

* Re: boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-05 15:04 ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-03-05 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

En/na Xan ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to put "numerstyle=boldstyle" in this enumeration?:
> \defineenumeration
>  [exercici]
>
> [text={\startcolor[middlecyan]Exercici\stopcolor},headstyle=bold,between=\blank,titledistance=0em,textdistance=1em,
>
> stopper={.\space},location=serried,titleleft=(,titleright=),width=fit,headstyle=\ss]
>

> For the other hand, is it possible to make it's a framed?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Xan.

Aditya,

numberstyle=bold

does not work for me.

The exact code I have is:

\defineenumeration
  [exercici]
  [text={\startcolor[middlecyan]Exercici\stopcolor},headstyle=bold,between=\blank,titledistance=0em,textdistance=1em,
stopper={.\space},location=serried,titleleft=(,titleright=),width=fit,headstyle=\ss,numberstyle=bold]

What happens?
Possibly old ConTeXt version?
I have ConTeXt  ver: 2007.09.28 16:52 MKII  fmt: 2009.2.17  int: english/english

Regards,

@ 2009-03-05 18:20   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-03-05 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Xan wrote:

> En/na Xan ha escrit:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to put "numerstyle=boldstyle" in this enumeration?:
>> \defineenumeration
>>  [exercici]
>>  [text={\startcolor[middlecyan]Exercici\stopcolor},headstyle=bold,between=\blank,titledistance=0em,textdistance=1em,
>> stopper={.\space},location=serried,titleleft=(,titleright=),width=fit,headstyle=\ss]
>>
>> For the other hand, is it possible to make it's a framed?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Xan.
>>
> Aditya,
>
> numberstyle=bold
>
> does not work for me.

Sorry. I should have checked. Enumerations do not have a numberstyle key.
It should.

You can abuse the left and right keys to get a bold number, eg.

\defineenumeration
  [exercici]
  [textcolor=middlecyan, text=Exercici,
   headstyle=sans,
   left={\bgroup\bf},right={\egroup}]

Hans, do you plan to rework on core-des anytime soon? It could definitely
use some cleanup.

Aditya

* Re: boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-05 18:39     ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-03-05 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

En/na Aditya Mahajan ha escrit:
> On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Xan wrote:
>
>> En/na Xan ha escrit:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to put "numerstyle=boldstyle" in this enumeration?:
>>> \defineenumeration
>>>  [exercici]
>>>  [text={\startcolor[middlecyan]Exercici\stopcolor},headstyle=bold,between=\blank,titledistance=0em,textdistance=1em,
>>> stopper={.\space},location=serried,titleleft=(,titleright=),width=fit,headstyle=\ss]
>>>
>>> For the other hand, is it possible to make it's a framed?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot,
>>> Xan.
>>>
>> Aditya,
>>
>> numberstyle=bold
>>
>> does not work for me.
>
> Sorry. I should have checked. Enumerations do not have a numberstyle
> key. It should.
>
> You can abuse the left and right keys to get a bold number, eg.
>
> \defineenumeration
>  [exercici]
>  [textcolor=middlecyan, text=Exercici,
>   headstyle=sans,
>   left={\bgroup\bf},right={\egroup}]
>

> Hans, do you plan to rework on core-des anytime soon? It could
> definitely use some cleanup.
>
> Aditya

Thanks.

The textcolor does not work. I have to put in in text field.
The example that works is:

\defineenumeration
  [exercici]

[text={\startcolor[middlecyan]Exercici\stopcolor},headstyle=bold,between=\blank,titledistance=0em,textdistance=1em,
stopper={.\space},location=serried,left={\bgroup\bf},right={\egroup},width=fit,headstyle=\ss]

@ 2009-03-05 18:48       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-03-05 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Xan wrote:

>>> numberstyle=bold
>>>
>>> does not work for me.
>>
> The textcolor does not work. I have to put in in text field.
> The example that works is:

Hans: does it make sense to add text(style|color|command) and
number(style|color|command) keys to enumerations? I could patch
core-des.tex with these keys.

Aditya

* Re: boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-05 19:13         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-05 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.03.2009 um 19:48 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

>> The textcolor does not work. I have to put in in text field.
>> The example that works is:
>
> Hans: does it make sense to add text(style|color|command) and
> number(style|color|command) keys to enumerations? I could patch core-
> des.tex with these keys.

Hi Aditya, if you do this, can you also integrate the headalign key
which is mentioned in core-des?

Wolfgang

* Re: boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-05 19:19           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-03-05 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 05.03.2009 um 19:48 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>>> The textcolor does not work. I have to put in in text field.
>>> The example that works is:
>>
>> Hans: does it make sense to add text(style|color|command) and
>> number(style|color|command) keys to enumerations? I could patch
>> core-des.tex with these keys.
>
> Hi Aditya, if you do this, can you also integrate the headalign key which is
> mentioned in core-des?

What should headalign do?

Aditya

* Re: boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-05 19:36             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-05 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.03.2009 um 20:19 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

>>> Hans: does it make sense to add text(style|color|command) and
>>> number(style|color|command) keys to enumerations? I could patch
>>> core-des.tex with these keys.
>>
>> Hi Aditya, if you do this, can you also integrate the headalign key
>> which is mentioned in core-des?
>
> What should headalign do?

It should control the alignment of the headtext.

\setuplayout
   [backspace=5cm,
    leftmargin=4cm,
    width=12cm]

\definedescription
   [description]
   [location=margin,
    width=\leftmarginwidth]

\showframe

\starttext

\description{text} bla bla bla

\description{longer text} bla bla bla

%\setupdescriptions[description][headalign=flushright]
\setupdescriptions[description][text=\hfill]

\description{text} bla bla bla

\description{longer text} bla bla bla

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-05 20:04               ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-03-05 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 05.03.2009 um 20:19 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

>>> Hi Aditya, if you do this, can you also integrate the headalign key which
>>> is mentioned in core-des?
>>
>> What should headalign do?
>

> It should control the alignment of the headtext.
>
> \setuplayout
> [backspace=5cm,
>  leftmargin=4cm,
>  width=12cm]
>
> \definedescription
> [description]
> [location=margin,
>  width=\leftmarginwidth]
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> \description{text} bla bla bla
>
> \description{longer text} bla bla bla
>
> %\setupdescriptions[description][headalign=flushright]
> \setupdescriptions[description][text=\hfill]
>
> \description{text} bla bla bla
>
> \description{longer text} bla bla bla
>
> \stoptext

Thanks. I first guess was

\defineframed
   [framehead]
   [location=low,width=\leftmarginwidth,align=flushright,frame=off]

\setupdescriptions[description][text=,location=command,headcommand=\framehead]

but this does not work. You can also use, but it will be nice to have a
headalign key.

\setupdescriptions[description][command=\framehead]

\description{text} bla bla bla

\description{longer text} bla bla bla

My only trouble with core-des is that it is ugly. It is an old module, and
lot of features have been added in an ad-hoc manner with time. I hope that
at some stage it will be rewritten in the new strc-* style.

Aditya

* Re: boldstyle for numbers in defineenumeration
@ 2009-03-06  8:01                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-03-06  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>>> What should headalign do?
>>

>> It should control the alignment of the headtext.
>>
>> \setuplayout
>> [backspace=5cm,
>>  leftmargin=4cm,
>>  width=12cm]
>>
>> \definedescription
>> [description]
>> [location=margin,
>>  width=\leftmarginwidth]
>>
>> \showframe
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \description{text} bla bla bla
>>
>> \description{longer text} bla bla bla
>>
>> %\setupdescriptions[description][headalign=flushright]
>> \setupdescriptions[description][text=\hfill]
>>
>> \description{text} bla bla bla
>>
>> \description{longer text} bla bla bla
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Thanks. I first guess was
>
> \defineframed
>   [framehead]
>   [location=low,width=\leftmarginwidth,align=flushright,frame=off]
>
> \setupdescriptions[description][text=,location=command,headcommand=\framehead]
>

> but this does not work. You can also use, but it will be nice to have a
> headalign key.
>
> \setupdescriptions[description][command=\framehead]
>
> \description{text} bla bla bla
>
> \description{longer text} bla bla bla
>
> My only trouble with core-des is that it is ugly. It is an old module,
> and lot of features have been added in an ad-hoc manner with time. I
> hope that at some stage it will be rewritten in the new strc-* style.

sure, it's already different in strc but such 'upgrades' are rather
gradual since we want to keep compatibilitiy

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-03-06 12:38                 ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-03-06 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

En/na Aditya Mahajan ha escrit:

> My only trouble with core-des is that it is ugly. It is an old module,
> and lot of features have been added in an ad-hoc manner with time. I
> hope that at some stage it will be rewritten in the new strc-* style.
>
> Aditya

Good news if you implement this functionality and better if it serves to
debug code... I'm happy this question serves for (all of) you revise the
code ,-)

Regards,
Xan.