* Bib module...
@ 2009-03-07 17:36 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-03-07 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi,

I should typeset an article...

Now I tried out different approaches but I do not get a complete list
of references.

I am puzzled why I do get only Taco's reference in the list and why
there is no journal mentioned in Taco's reference.

Here is a minimal example:

\setuppublicationlist[totalnumber=2,criterium=all]

\startpublication
	[k=me,
	t=manual,
	a=Hoekwater,
	y=2006,
	s=TH2006,
	n=2,
	u=http://contextgarden.net/Bibliography]
	\artauthor{Taco}[T.]{}{Hoekwater}
	\arttitle{\CONTEXT\ Publication Module, The user documententation}
	\note{In case you didn’t know: it’s the document you are reading now}
	\pages{14}
	\journal{MAPS}
	\pages{100-114}
	\pubyear{2008}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[%
    k=Allan-eighty,
    t=article,
    a=Allan et al.,
    y=1980,
    n=1]
    \artauthor[]{}[E.M.]{}{Allan}
    \artauthor[]{}[H M.]{}{Pirle}
    \artauthor[]{}[P. M.]{}{Msolla}
    \artauthor[]{}[I.E.]{}{Selman}
    \artauthor[]{}[A.]{}{Wiseman}
    \arttitle{The pathological features of severe cases of infectious
bovine rhinotracheitis}
    \journal{Vet. Rec.}
    \volume{107}
    \pages{441-445}
    \pubyear{1980}
\stoppublication

\setuppublications[alternative=ams, refcommand=num]
\setupcite[num][pubsep={,},left={[},right={]}]

\starttext

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet\cite[me], consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut
venenatis, ipsum a ultricies molestie, arcu quam mollis arcu, id
facilisis dui justo nec purus. Vivamus vitae est a dolor consequat
pellentesque. \unknown Aliquam posuere scelerisque ipsum. Sed eget
risus. Cras
blandit risus in lorem\cite[Allan80].

\bank[1cm]

\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

Thanks for enlightening me!

Willi

* Re: Bib module...
@ 2009-03-07 19:27 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-07 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I should typeset an article...
>
> Now I tried out different approaches but I do not get a complete list of
> references.
>
> I am puzzled why I do get only Taco's reference in the list and why
> there is no journal mentioned in Taco's reference.

You are missing the journal entry because a "manual" is not an
"article", and you are missing the Allan et al. reference because
"Allan-eighty" is not the same as [Allan80]

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bib module...
@ 2009-03-07 21:47   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-03-07 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately correcting/changing the
example file does not result in what I would expect. I purged all
files first, then compiled the example.
The result is the same in ConTeXt  ver: 2009.03.03 22:15 MKIV  fmt:
2009.3.5  int: english/english as also in ConTeXt  ver: 2009.01.14
11:29 MKIV  fmt: 2009.1.22  int: english/english

I get now Taco's article correctly but still no Allan80...

I do not know weather the following is relevant: Only at the first
run after purging the auxiliary I see the following error messages in
the first two passes:

publications   : warning: cite argument me unknown on 172
references     : unknown reference [][0]
publications   : warning: cite argument Allan80 unknown on 172
references     : unknown reference [][0]

Kind regards
Willi

\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublicationlist[totalnumber=2,criterium=all]

\startpublication
	[k=me,
	t=article,
	a=Hoekwater,
	y=2006,
	s=TH2006,
	n=2,
	u=http://contextgarden.net/Bibliography]
	\artauthor{Taco}[T.]{}{Hoekwater}
	\arttitle{\CONTEXT\ Publication Module, The user documententation}
	\note{In case you didn’t know: it’s the document you are reading now}
	\pages{14}
	\journal{MAPS}
	\pages{100-114}
	\pubyear{2008}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[%
    k=Allan80,
    t=article,
    a=Allan et al.,
    y=1980,
    n=1]
    \artauthor[]{}[E.M.]{}{Allan}
    \artauthor[]{}[H M.]{}{Pirle}
    \artauthor[]{}[P. M.]{}{Msolla}
    \artauthor[]{}[I.E.]{}{Selman}
    \artauthor[]{}[A.]{}{Wiseman}
    \arttitle{The pathological features of severe cases of infectious
bovine rhinotracheitis}
    \journal{Vet. Rec.}
    \volume{107}
    \pages{441-445}
    \pubyear{1980}
	\note{From my thesis}

On Mar 7, 2009, at 8:27 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Willi Egger wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I should typeset an article...
>> Now I tried out different approaches but I do not get a complete
>> list of references.
>> I am puzzled why I do get only Taco's reference in the list and
>> why there is no journal mentioned in Taco's reference.
>
> You are missing the journal entry because a "manual" is not an
> "article", and you are missing the Allan et al. reference because
> "Allan-eighty" is not the same as [Allan80]
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco
> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Bib module...
@ 2009-03-07 22:15     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-03-07 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 7, 2009, at 10:47 PM, Willi Egger wrote:

> Hi Taco, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately correcting/changing
> the example file does not result in what I would expect. I purged
> all files first, then compiled the example.

Hi Willi,

I don't know why, but if you correct lines 22-23

\startpublication[%
   k=Allan80,

to look like this

\startpublication
   [k=Allan80,

you get the expected result.

(Is there a reason why you write your entries manually and don't use
bibTeX and let that handle such stuff for you? On OS X, you can use
Bibdesk, which is a very nice editor for bibTeX files; it'll make your
life much easier.)

All best

Thomas

* Re: Bib module...
@ 2009-03-07 23:01   ` Mohamed Bana
From: Mohamed Bana @ 2009-03-07 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco, hi,

I've said this before, but I think you need to include a complete
example (i.e., the source) with your bib PDF somehow.  It wasn't as
straight forward as I would have wanted it to be.

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I should typeset an article...
>>
>> Now I tried out different approaches but I do not get a complete list
>> of references.
>>
>> I am puzzled why I do get only Taco's reference in the list and why
>> there is no journal mentioned in Taco's reference.
>
> You are missing the journal entry because a "manual" is not an
> "article", and you are missing the Allan et al. reference because
> "Allan-eighty" is not the same as [Allan80]
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: Bib module...
@ 2009-03-07 23:20     ` Mohamed Bana
From: Mohamed Bana @ 2009-03-07 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've heard PDF now supports attaching text files.  Not sure accurate
that is.

Thanks Taco

Mohamed Bana wrote:
> Taco, hi,
>
> I've said this before, but I think you need to include a complete
> example (i.e., the source) with your bib PDF somehow.  It wasn't as
> straight forward as I would have wanted it to be.
>
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Willi Egger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I should typeset an article...
>>>
>>> Now I tried out different approaches but I do not get a complete list
>>> of references.
>>>
>>> I am puzzled why I do get only Taco's reference in the list and why
>>> there is no journal mentioned in Taco's reference.
>>
>> You are missing the journal entry because a "manual" is not an
>> "article", and you are missing the Allan et al. reference because
>> "Allan-eighty" is not the same as [Allan80]
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Taco

* Re: Bib module...
@ 2009-03-08 10:04     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-08 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mohamed Bana wrote:
> Taco, hi,
>
> I've said this before, but I think you need to include a complete
> example (i.e., the source) with your bib PDF somehow.  It wasn't as
> straight forward as I would have wanted it to be.

The manual is a complete example: doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.tex

If you (or someone else) want a different example, just send
me a file with a suitable license attached, and I will add it
to the distro.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: bib module
@ 2008-02-13  7:53 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-02-13  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bob Grünberg wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> some item in the publication list placed at the end of my document
> looks "good" and some not. Not means there is only "First author et. al."
> (with initials) and good means there are all author from all \artauthor fields.
> I have no clue why.

This is a feature, lookup "authoretallimit" in the manual if you want to
know more.

   \setupcite[authoretallimit=10]

should fix your problem.

Best wishes,
Taco

* bib module
@ 2008-02-12 13:23 Bob Grünberg
From: Bob Grünberg @ 2008-02-12 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi All,

some item in the publication list placed at the end of my document
looks "good" and some not. Not means there is only "First author et. al."
(with initials) and good means there are all author from all \artauthor fields.
I have no clue why.
In my source file test.tex I have written:

   \usemodule[bib]
   \setuppublications[database=test, alternative=aps,
    numbering=yes,refcommand=serial]

I give you the full output but if you need more information, let me know.
Thank you...
Bob

The test.bbl file looks like these two items for all 48:

\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={ZHF{\etalchar{+}}98b},totalnumber=48]

\startpublication[k=bock,t=article,
a={Schreiber et~al.},y=2002,
n=1,s=SBSF02]
\artauthor[]{A.}[A.]{}{Schreiber}
\artauthor[]{H.}[H.]{}{Bock}
\artauthor[]{M.}[M.]{}{Schoen}
\artauthor[]{G.~H.}[G.~H.]{}{Findenegg}
\pubyear{2002}
\arttitle{title}
\journal{Molecular Physics}
\volume{100}
\issue{13}
\pages{2097--2107}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=streitz,t=article,
a={Steitz et~al.},y=2003,
n=2,s=SGH{\etalchar{+}}03]
\artauthor[]{R.}[R.]{}{Steitz}
\artauthor[]{Th.}[T.]{}{Gutberlet}
\artauthor[]{Th.}[T.]{}{Hauss}
\artauthor[]{B.}[B.]{}{Kloesgen}
\artauthor[]{R.}[R.]{}{Krastev}
\artauthor[]{S.}[S.]{}{Schemmel}
\artauthor[]{A.~C.}[A.~C.]{}{Simonsen}
\artauthor[]{G.~H.}[G.~H.]{}{Findenegg}
\pubyear{2003}
\arttitle{title}
\journal{Langmuir}
\volume{19}
\issue{6}
\pages{2409--2418}
\stoppublication

The test.bib file looks like these two items for all 48:

@Article{bock,
  author = 	 {A. Schreiber and H. Bock and M. Schoen and G. H. Findenegg},
  title = 	 {title},
  journal = 	 {Molecular Physics},
  year = 	 {2002},
  key = 	 {},
  volume = 	 {100},
  number = 	 {13},
  pages = 	 {2097--2107},
  month = 	 {},
  note = 	 {},
  annote = 	 {}
}

@Article{streitz,
  author = 	 {R. Steitz and Th. Gutberlet and Th. Hauss and B. Kloesgen and
R. Krastev and S. Schemmel and A. C. Simonsen and G. H.  Findenegg},
  title = 	 {title},
  journal = 	 {Langmuir},
  year = 	 {2003},
  key = 	 {},
  volume = 	 {19},
  number = 	 {6},
  pages = 	 {2409--2418},
  month = 	 {},
  note = 	 {},
  annote = 	 {}
}

The commands I use are
texexec --once test.tex   -> full output at ##texexec --once OUTPUT
bibtex test               -> full output at ##bibtex OUTPUT
texexec --pdf test.tex    -> full output at ##texexec --pdf OUTPUT

##texexec --once OUTPUT
 TeXExec 5.2.4 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : test
                output : standard
             interface : en
               options : once
          current mode : none

This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
 file:line:error style messages enabled.
 %&-line parsing enabled.
 (/usr/share/texmf/web2c/natural.tcx)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.31  fmt: 2007.12.22  int: english  mes: english

language        : language en is active
<protectionstate 0>
system          : cont-new loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems         : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
color           : palette rollover is available
system (E-TEX) : [line 878]
system (E-TEX) : [line 933]
)
system          : cont-old loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system          : cont-fil loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
system          : cont-sys.rme loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-syn.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-enc.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-dis.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-map.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-spe.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-exa.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex))
bodyfont        : 12pt rm is loaded
language        : patterns en->default:default->1->2:2 de->texnansi:texnansi->3
->2:2 de->ec:ec->4->2:2 fr->texnansi:texnansi->5->2:2 fr->ec:ec->6->2:2 es->def
ault:default->7->2:2 it->texnansi:texnansi->8->2:2 it->ec:ec->9->2:2 nl->texnan
si:texnansi->10->2:2 nl->ec:ec->11->2:2 loaded
specials        : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
system          : test.top loaded
(./test.top)
color           : system rgb is global activated
system          : macros of module chemic loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/m-chemic.tex
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/pictex/pictex.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/ppchtex.tex
ppchtex         : using PiCTeX and MetaPost
))
system          : macros of module units loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/m-units.tex
check           : unit Angstrom replaces a macro, use CAPITALS!
)
system          : macros of module bib loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/bib/t-bib.tex
system          : macros of module bibltx loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/bib/t-bibltx.tex)
publications    : loading formatting style from bibl-apa
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/bib/bibl-apa.tex))
publications    : loading formatting style from bibl-aps
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/bib/bibl-aps.tex) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
fonts           : using map file: texnansi-public-lm.map
fonts           : using map file: original-public-vnr.map
fonts           : using map file: original-public-csr.map
fonts           : using map file: original-public-plr.map
fonts           : using map file: original-public-lm.map
fonts           : using map file: original-ams-euler.map
fonts           : using map file: original-ams-cmr.map
fonts           : using map file: texnansi-base.map
fonts           : using map file: t5-base.map
fonts           : using map file: qx-base.map
fonts           : using map file: 8r-base.map
fonts           : using map file: ec-base.map
fonts           : using map file: ec-public-lm.map
fonts           : using map file: original-base.map
publications    : loading database from test.bbl
(./test.bbl)
systems         : begin file test at line 27
structure       : begin of sectionblock frontmatter
structure       : end of sectionblock frontmatter
(./test.tuo) [1.1]
chapter         : 1 Einleitung
(./einleitung.tex [2.2]
Overfull \hbox (62.2829pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 42--43
 [][] \*12ptmmmr* elek-tro-sta-ti-sche Wech-sel-wir-kung zwi-schen Par-ti-al-la
-dun-gen, die Dipol-Dipol-Wechselwirkung
[3.3] [4.4]
Overfull \hbox (37.03873pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 76--89
\*12ptmmmr* h^^?aufig an-ge-wandt [20]. In die-ser Ar-beit wur-de die $[]$H- un
d $[]$H-NMR Festk^^?orperspektroskopie
[5.5])
section         : 1.1 Synthese
section         : 1.2 Eigenschaften
[6.6] [7.7]
title           : - \headtext {pubs}
(./test.tuo) [8.8]
systems         : end file test at line 77
 )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on test.dvi (8 pages, 21972 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.

           return code : 0
              run time : 1 seconds

        total run time : 1 seconds

##bibtex OUTPUT
$ bibtex test
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.4)
The top-level auxiliary file: test.aux
The style file: cont-no.bst
Database file #1: disse.bib

 TeXExec 5.2.4 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : test
                output : pdftex
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

[...]

specials        : loading definition file tpd
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.tex
specials        : loading definition file fdf
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex <unprotect 3> <unprotect 4>
system (E-TEX) : [line 2280] \ifcsname
<protect 4> <protect 3>)
specials        : fdf loaded
<unprotect 3> <protect 3>)
specials        : fdf,tpd loaded
)
[...]
(./test.tuo) [1.1{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-empty.map}{
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/texnansi-public-lm.map}{/usr/share/tex
mf/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-public-vnr.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/
dvips/context/original-public-csr.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context
/original-public-plr.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-pub
lic-lm.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-ams-euler.map}{/u
sr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-ams-cmr.map}{/usr/share/texmf/f
onts/map/dvips/context/texnansi-base.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/cont
ext/t5-base.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/qx-base.map}{/usr/sha
re/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/8r-base.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/
context/ec-base.map}{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/ec-public-lm.map}
{/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/context/original-base.map}]
chapter         : 1 Einleitung
(./einleitung.tex [2.2]
Overfull \hbox (62.2829pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 42--43
 [][] \*12ptmmmr* elek-tro-sta-ti-sche Wech-sel-wir-kung zwi-schen Par-ti-al-la
-dun-gen, die Dipol-Dipol-Wechselwirkung
[3.3] [4.4]
Overfull \hbox (37.03873pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 76--89
\*12ptmmmr* h^^?aufig an-ge-wandt [20]. In die-ser Ar-beit wur-de die $[]$H- un
d $[]$H-NMR Festk^^?orperspektroskopie
[5.5])
section         : 1.1 Synthese
section         : 1.2 Eigenschaften
[6.6] [7.7]
title           : - \headtext {pubs}
(./test.tuo) [8.8]
systems         : end file test at line 77
 )
(see the transcript file for additional information)</usr/share/texmf/fonts/typ
e1/bluesky/cm/cmti12.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmtt12.pfb></
usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr7.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/b
luesky/cm/cmsy7.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr10.pfb></usr/sh
are/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmsy9.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesk
y/cm/cmsy10.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmbx12.pfb></usr/share
/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmmi12.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/
cm/cmr9.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr8.pfb></usr/share/texmf
/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmsl12.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr
12.pfb></usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmtt10.pfb>
Output written on test.pdf (8 pages, 79886 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.

           return code : 0
              run time : 1 seconds
  sorting and checking : running texutil

 TeXUtil 9.0.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2004

                action : processing commands, lists and registers
                option : sorting IJ under Y
                option : converting high ASCII values
            input file : test.tui
           output file : test.tuo
       passed commands : 60
         remapped keys : 0
      register entries : 0 -> 0 entries 0 references
       synonym entries : 0 -> 0 entries
        embedded files : 1

        total run time : 2 seconds