* Help with book of poetry
@ 2009-03-08 18:25 Corin Royal Drummond
From: Corin Royal Drummond @ 2009-03-08 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Help with book of poetry
@ 2009-03-09  9:45 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-09  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Corin Royal Drummond wrote:
>    2. Many of his poems are short, and I'd like to alternate between
>       poems that are left aligned, and right aligned.  I tried
>       \startalignment[right] to switch a block of text (and heading) to
>       one side or the other, but it didn't work.

Try \startalignment[flushright]. [right] is the same as [flushleft].

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Help with book of poetry
@ 2009-03-09 13:52 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-03-09 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2009-03-08 um 19:25 schrieb Corin Royal Drummond:

> 	• As I'm learning, it would be wonderful if there were a repository
> of real-world documents I could use to refer to, to see how other
> people solve their own problems.  I know many of you have written
> many fabulous ConTeXt documents, and I wish there were a place on
> the wiki, maybe under "Examples" where people could post their
> source code, and the resultant PDF.  Alternatively, people could
> mail me docs, and I could post them on the wiki.
> I'm using the latest context minimals, with the LUA engine (texexec
> --lua).

In case you didn't find it yourself: use

\startlines
for your poetry
\stoplines

Regarding documents:
There are some at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Sample_documents
But most of them are rather old.

It's always a hassle to strip sample documents of all copyrighted text
or customer data...
Or you know that it's not really best practice what you do and don't
want to publish dirty hacks.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Signierter Teil der Nachricht --]

* Re: Help with book of poetry
@ 2009-03-10  2:34   ` Corin Royal Drummond
From: Corin Royal Drummond @ 2009-03-10  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Taco and Henning,

The link to the Sample Documents was helpful, especially the biochem
textbook.  As a web developer, I'm used to learning by reading other
people's code.  I sure do hope other people will post their documents,
with or without commentary.  It's the quickest way for me to learn
without bothering people.

Cheers,

Corin Royal Drummond