* Re: Problem of transfering bib to bbl in Chinese.
@ 2009-03-16 13:37 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-16 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb18030", Size: 810 bytes --]

Wei-Wei Guo wrote:

> but the following bib entry will be rubbish.
>
>    @ARTICLE{c-article-full,
>       author = {ÐÕÃûÒ» and ÐÕÃû¶þ},

You can try

        author = {{ÐÕÃûÒ»} and {ÐÕÃû¶þ}},

but internationalization support in bibtex is almost
nonexisting, so don't be too surprised if it fails.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Problem of transfering bib to bbl in Chinese.
@ 2009-03-16 13:40 Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-03-16 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb18030"; Format="flowed", Size: 1412 bytes --]

Hi everyone,

I asked the question days ago. I find something new, so I submit it here and hope
it can provide some useful information and, hopefully, can solve the problem.

t-bib can transfer the following bib entry correct.

    @ARTICLE{c-article-full,
       author = {ÐÕÃûÒ»},
       title = {ÎÄÕÂÌâÄ¿},
       journal = {ijijÔÓÖ¾¶þ},
       year = 1986,
       volume = 41,
       number = 7,
       pages = "73--82",
       month = jul,
       language = "chinese"
    }

but the following bib entry will be rubbish.

    @ARTICLE{c-article-full,
       author = {ÐÕÃûÒ» and ÐÕÃû¶þ},
       title = {ÎÄÕÂÌâÄ¿},
       journal = {ijijÔÓÖ¾¶þ},
       year = 1986,
       volume = 41,
       number = 7,
       pages = "73--82",
       month = jul,
       language = "chinese"
    }

The difference is that there are multiple authors separated by 'and' in the second
bib entry. Is it solvable?

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei

* Re: Problem of transfering bib to bbl in Chinese.
@ 2009-03-16 14:32   ` Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-03-16 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb18030"; Format="flowed", Size: 1166 bytes --]

Thanks for answering.

Taco Hoekwater дµÀ:

> Wei-Wei Guo wrote:
>> but the following bib entry will be rubbish.
>>
>>    @ARTICLE{c-article-full,
>>       author = {ÐÕÃûÒ» and ÐÕÃû¶þ},
>
> You can try
>
>         author = {{ÐÕÃûÒ»} and {ÐÕÃû¶þ}},
>
> but internationalization support in bibtex is almost
> nonexisting, so don't be too surprised if it fails.

It doesn't work. I checked the .bbl file generated by LaTeX from the
same .bib file. There is no rubbish. Why can LaTeX do the thing right
with the same bibtex? (I use TeXLive 2008 companying with rsynced
ConTeXt of current branch, in which the t-bib is replaced by the
newest version.)

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei

* Re: Problem of transfering bib to bbl in Chinese.
@ 2009-03-16 14:53     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-16 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wei-Wei Guo wrote:

> It doesn't work. I checked the .bbl file generated by LaTeX from the
> same .bib file. There is no rubbish. Why can LaTeX do the thing right
> with the same bibtex?

I guess you are using a latex bibtex style that doesn't support
'short' keys. The t-bib module does, and, what is the problem:

Because bibtex doesn't understand utf-8, it will happily split
in the middle of a sequence, causing an invalid utf-8 string
to be the argument of the the 's' key in the generated bbl.

You can't turn the bib module's 's' handling off in a nice way, sorry.
You have to either hack the cont-XX.bst files by deleting the line
that says

  "  clabel write$"

or you have to manually edit the generated bbl file.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Problem of transfering bib to bbl in Chinese.
@ 2009-03-16 16:23       ` Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-03-16 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater 写道:

> You can't turn the bib module's 's' handling off in a nice way, sorry.
> You have to either hack the cont-XX.bst files by deleting the line
> that says
>
>   "  clabel write$"

It's great to have the problem solved. Thank you very much!

I meet another two problems.

1. I'm using the solution that you give me in 'runme.tex'. I find when I need
    to write a citation such as (Hoekwater et al 2009; 小郭 等 2009), I will be
    in an awkward situation. With the solution, I cannot have both English
    citation and Chinese citation in one \cite. Although it not a serious
    problem, it would be better if it could be done.

2. The pubsep can be set in \setupcite, but it doesn't affect the separation
    between compressed citations. For example, I set 'pubsep={;}' and I still
    get (Hoekwater 2008, 2009). How to change the comma between 2008 and 2009?

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei

* Re: Problem of transfering bib to bbl in Chinese.
@ 2009-03-17  7:46         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-17  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wei-Wei Guo wrote:

> 2. The pubsep can be set in \setupcite, but it doesn't affect the
> separation between compressed citations. For example, I set 'pubsep={;}'
> and I still get (Hoekwater 2008, 2009). How to change the comma between
> 2008 and 2009?

Can't do that.

Best wishes,
Taco