* updating context
@ 2009-03-29 11:21 Ilda Khaki
From: Ilda Khaki @ 2009-03-29 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

today, by looking at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV and
following instructions, after updating context and luatex binary in opensuse
11.1, if I run

luatools --generate

in the terminal as both a root user or a normal user, it will not work
and I get

bash: /usr/local/bin/luatools: Permission denied

Does exist a solution for this?

* Re: updating context
@ 2009-03-29 11:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-03-29 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ilda Khaki wrote:
> today, by looking at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV and
> following instructions, after updating context and luatex binary in opensuse
> 11.1, if I run
>
> luatools --generate
>
> in the terminal as both a root user or a normal user, it will not work
> and I get
>
> bash: /usr/local/bin/luatools: Permission denied

chmod?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Updating context
@ 2000-06-11 23:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-11 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:30 PM 6/10/2000 +0200, Willi Egger wrote:

>I created the tree and placed the 3 files pdftex.pool and pdfetex.pool and
>tex.pool herein.

Where in the tree? In the web2c path? Make sure you use the right path,
pool and fmt fo into the same, often web2c path

>- Which other files do have to be moved to the folder texmf-var\web2c? Is
>the folder texmf\web2c obsolete?

You can try to remove the var\web2c and use the texmf\web2c

>- Is there any way to simplify the updating matter. Each time I do upgrade I
>end up with a non working system!

It's not that complicated:

binaries to the bin path
pool files to the web2c path
unzip context in texmf root
move perl scripts to binary path [or symlink]

run texexec --make

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Updating context
@ 2000-06-10 19:30 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2000-06-10 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Lately I downloaded the pdftex zip with the version 0.14e. Furthermore I got
cont-tmf.zip of 06.06.2000. After having unpacked the  new files in the
respective directories on my Windows95 machine I tried to make the format
files with:

    texexec --make nl de uk

Texexec was version 2.1.
I got an error on the fact that the tex\texmf-var\web2c folder was not
present and that the tex.pool file did not macht:

"tex.pool doesn't mach; tangle me again (or fix the path)"

I created the tree and placed the 3 files pdftex.pool and pdfetex.pool and
tex.pool herein.

Hereafter I retried the generation. The error on the not maching tex.pool
file remained.
My version of fmtutil is from begin april 1999 and the tex.pool file from
end March 1999.

My questions are:

- Which other files do have to be moved to the folder texmf-var\web2c? Is
the folder texmf\web2c obsolete?

- What is the problem with fmtutil.exe - tex.pool. (I tried to find a newer
version of the latter file on ctan, however in their archives the file is
even older than mine!)

- Is there any way to simplify the updating matter. Each time I do upgrade I
end up with a non working system!

Thanks for assistance, Willi