* Re: language mix
       [not found] <mailman.193.1239414386.3589.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-04-11  1:50 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-04-11  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Actually, hyph-uk is Ukrainain. And the corresponding file is missed in
the distribution, so simply changing mtx-patterns.lua will not help.

Vyatheslav

* Re: language mix
@ 2009-04-13  7:28   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-04-13  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 03:50, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Actually, hyph-uk is Ukrainain. And the corresponding file is missed in the
> distribution, so simply changing mtx-patterns.lua will not help.

The files hyph-xx have never been part of distribution, they are on
CTAN and in TeX Live though.\footnote{Disclaimer: We never got any
feedback about that file, but in case the patterns are broken, I can
at least tell you whom to blame.)

After that change one needs to regenerate patterns with some magic
command (and maybe also enable them somewhere explicitely; I remember
that our patterns didn't work unless one generated formats with
texexec --make --all, but I forgot details).

This is why I told you that you needed to convince Hans rather than do
it yourself :) :) :)
>From what I understand they should be available in the next beta (the
one that has not been released yet). Thanks, Hans.

Mojca

* Re: language mix
@ 2009-04-13  8:27     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-13  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>>From what I understand they should be available in the next beta (the
> one that has not been released yet). Thanks, Hans.

indeed, so let me know if they're missing then

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: language mix
@ 2009-04-10 18:27     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-10 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 02:29, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> What about adding hyph-uk to the distribution? ;)
>
> You just need to convince Hans to replace ?? with uk in mtx-patterns.lua:
>     { "??",  "hyph-uk.tex",            "ukrainian" },

ok, and as a bonus i also generated them -)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: language mix
@ 2009-04-10 15:09   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-04-10 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-04-10 12:10       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-10 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.04.2009 um 14:02 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

>>> What about adding hyph-uk to the distribution? ;)
>>
>> It'S there but the pattern name is hyph-gb, see lang-ger.tex
>
>  No, no, Slava really means the "uk" language, Ukrainian, not British
> English :-)

Morning is not the best time to answer mails, I mixed his both
sentences into one :)

Wolfgang

* Re: language mix
@ 2009-04-10 12:02     ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2009-04-10 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> What about adding hyph-uk to the distribution? ;)
>
> It'S there but the pattern name is hyph-gb, see lang-ger.tex

  No, no, Slava really means the "uk" language, Ukrainian, not British
English :-)

	Arthur

* Re: language mix
@ 2009-04-10  5:53   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-10  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.04.2009 um 02:29 schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:

> Hello,
>
> What about adding hyph-uk to the distribution? ;)

It'S there but the pattern name is hyph-gb, see lang-ger.tex

> Next, how to mix two languages in a document? For example, I typeset
> in Russian, by occasionally use English words (or even sentences).
> How to make them both being hyphenated?
> \language[ru,en] seems to be not supported.

\mainlanguage[ru]

\starttext

bla bla bla more russian text {\uk something in english} and more text
in russian

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* language mix