* Problem: Arrows in math mode etc.
       [not found]             ` <200904160940.8958@centrum.cz>
@ 2009-04-16  7:41               ` Tomas Kisela
From: Tomas Kisela @ 2009-04-16  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi everybody,

I've got problems with typesetting binomial coefficients and arrows in math mode on ConTeXt ver: 2009.03.27 08:00 MKIV on Win Vista.

Binomial coefficients:
The brackets stay small (usual size like in plain text), here's my code:
starttext
startformula
{achoose b}
stopformula
stoptext

In fact, it seems atopwithdelims() isn't working because the problem can be fixed by adding
delimiterfactor=1001
defbinom#1#2{left(#1 atop #2right)}
starttext
startformula
binom{a}{b}
stopformula
stoptext

The second problem is much more bothering to me because I can't typeset limits in right way - the arrow under the "lim" is omitted (both ways fail):
starttext
startformula
lim_{trightarrow 0}f(x)
stopformula
startformula
lim_{tto 0}f(x)
stopformula
stoptext

The commands leftarrow, longrightarrow, longleftarrow etc. aren't working too. On the other hand, uparrow works just fine.

Please, tell me what I'm supposed to do to fix it up. Or is it a bug in this version?

Thanks a lot,
Tomas

* \choose problems in new math fonts
@ 2009-04-16  8:50                 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-16  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomas Kisela wrote:

> Binomial coefficients:
> The brackets stay small (usual size like in plain text), here's my code:
> \starttext
> \startformula
> {a\choose b}
> \stopformula
> \stoptext

This is currently an issue with opentype math fonts: luatex doesn't know
what the values of \Umathfractiondelsize should be.

For a workaround: explicitly setting

 \Umathfractiondelsize\textstyle = 12.12pt
 \Umathfractiondelsize\displaystyle = 28.68pt

will set up values that closely mimic "cmsy10 at 12pt"

Ulrik Vieth (who is in CC) proposes to use DelimitedSubFormulaMinHeight
in non-display modes, but the DelimitedSubFormulaMinHeight in Cambria
Math is 3000/2048 * <atsize> == 17.58pt, which also doesn't seem right.

Since Hans converts everything to OpenType MathConstants format,
perhaps I should just add two more named entries to be parsed
in the MathConstants table?

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Problem: Arrows in math mode etc.
@ 2009-04-16  8:51                 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-16  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomas Kisela wrote:
> The second problem is much more bothering to me because I can't typeset
> limits in right way - the arrow under the "lim" is omitted (both ways fail):

> starttext
> startformula
> lim_{trightarrow 0}f(x)
> stopformula
> startformula
> lim_{tto 0}f(x)
> stopformula
> stoptext

Can you resend this part of the message with backslashes, please?

@ 2009-04-16  9:04                   ` Tomas Kisela
From: Tomas Kisela @ 2009-04-16  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm sorry for that, I hope it's gonna be ok by now:

\starttext
\startformula
\lim_{t\rightarrow 0}f(x)
\stopformula
\startformula
\lim_{t\to 0}f(x)
\stopformula
\stoptext

Best wishes,
Tomas

@ 2009-04-16  9:15                     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-16  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomas Kisela wrote:
> I'm sorry for that, I hope it's gonna be ok by now:
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> \lim_{t\rightarrow 0}f(x)
> \stopformula
> \startformula
> \lim_{t\to 0}f(x)
> \stopformula
> \stoptext

This input works ok for me (I remember there were problems earlier)

  This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.39.0-2009041609 (Web2C 7.5.7)

  ConTeXt  ver: 2009.04.14 15:18 MKIV

@ 2009-04-16  9:16                     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-16  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomas Kisela wrote:
> I'm sorry for that, I hope it's gonna be ok by now:
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> \lim_{t\rightarrow 0}f(x)
> \stopformula
> \startformula
> \lim_{t\to 0}f(x)
> \stopformula
> \stoptext

works ok here

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-04-16  9:58                       ` Tomas Kisela
From: Tomas Kisela @ 2009-04-16  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks for help, I installed a new version and now it's working.
(ver: 2009.04.15 12:15 MKIV)

Best wishes,
Tomas