* installing minimals
@ 2009-04-29 12:58 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2009-04-29 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I don't know whether the following is related to what is being discussed
at the moment, but when trying to install a new version of minimals (in
a separate, fresh directory), compiling a test file fails with the
following message:

On the Mac (Leopard):

Setting "/Users/bonasia/contextexp/tex" as TEXROOT.
bonasa:contextexp bonasia$ cd
~/Documents/alectoris/archives/talks/medges/longlife/
bonasa:longlife bonasia$ texmfstart texexec handout_longlife
TeXExec | processing document 'handout_longlife'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file handout_longlife.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 553
TeXExec | tex engine: pdftex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (Web2C 7.5.7)
 \write18 enabled.
 (/Users/bonasia/contextexp/tex/texmf-context/web2c/natural.tcx)
I can't find the format file `cont-en.fmt'!
TeXExec | runtime: 0.073803

On ubuntu (9.04):

Setting "/home/tetrao/newtex/tex" as TEXROOT.
tetrao@tetrao:~/Desktop/test$ texmfstart texexec test
TeXExec | processing document 'test'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file test.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 1368
TeXExec | tex engine: pdftex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
pdftex: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot
TeXExec | runtime: 0.035289

The old Minimals, which I kept, are still working on both computers.

Thanks for suggestions, Jörg

* Re: installing minimals
@ 2009-04-29 13:05 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-04-29 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 14:58, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know whether the following is related to what is being discussed at
> the moment, but when trying to install a new version of minimals (in a
> separate, fresh directory), compiling a test file fails with the following
> message:
>
> I can't find the format file `cont-en.fmt'!

I think that we forget to run mktexlsr at the end of format generation.

Does running mktexlr manually help? If not, does running an additional
"texexec --make --all" help?

Mojca

* Re: installing minimals
@ 2009-04-29 13:14   ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2009-04-29 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

No -- sorry I forgot to mention that I tried all that, on both
computers, for mk II and IV.

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 14:58, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know whether the following is related to what is being discussed at
>> the moment, but when trying to install a new version of minimals (in a
>> separate, fresh directory), compiling a test file fails with the following
>> message:
>>
>> I can't find the format file `cont-en.fmt'!
>>

> I think that we forget to run mktexlsr at the end of format generation.
>
> Does running mktexlr manually help? If not, does running an additional
> "texexec --make --all" help?
>
> Mojca

Prof. Jörg Hagmann-Zanolari MD
University of Basel
Department of Biomedicine
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics
Mattenstrasse 28
CH-4058 Basel
Switzerland
Phone +41 (0)61 267 3565

* Re: installing minimals
@ 2010-09-18 15:06       ` Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2010-09-18 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks David,

I did look at that but it seems ok.

Thanks again,
Charlie
On 18 Sep 2010, at 15:23, David Rogers wrote:

> Here's a total shot in the dark (I don't use OS X anymore):
>
> Last time that I used TeXShop, it had an "engine" file in the library
> folder that I sometimes had to modify if ConTeXt changed the commands
> available for use.
>
> --
> David

* Re: installing minimals
@ 2010-09-18 14:23     ` David Rogers
From: David Rogers @ 2010-09-18 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Charles Doherty <charles.doherty@upcmail.ie> [2010-09-18 09:29]:

@ 2010-09-18  8:29   ` Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2010-09-18  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Mojca,

Here is the sequence that I used:

 cd context

 curl -o first-setup.sh http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh

 sh ./first-setup.sh

source ./tex/setuptex

cd
echo '. ~/context/tex/setuptex' >> .bash_profile

luatools --selfupdate

mtxrun --selfupdate

luatools --generate

context --make

 sh ./first-setup.sh --extras=all

In TeXShop I  then run a one page file called Purser.tex . The console readout gives me:

TeXExec | processing document 'Purser.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file Purser.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 911
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en

MTXrun | using format name: /Users/charlesdoherty/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/e580c8be7dcf42f3c6968188a08f16d6/formats/cont-en.fmt
MTXrun | no luc/lua with name: cont-en
TeXUtil | parsing file Purser.tui
TeXUtil | shortcuts : 0
TeXUtil | expansions: 0
TeXUtil | reductions: 0
TeXUtil | divisions : 0
TeXUtil | loaded files: 0
TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
TeXUtil | commands: 0
TeXUtil | programs: 0
TeXUtil | tuo file saved
TeXExec | runtime: 0.156153

From the above it seems to be a problem with the format.

Thanks for any help,
Charlie

On 17 Sep 2010, at 20:52, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Dear Charles,
>
> I'm not sure about what could go wrong. Which instructions exactly
> were you following and at what point exactly does the problem appear?
>
> Mojca

* Re: installing minimals
@ 2010-09-17 19:52 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-09-17 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2010-09-17 15:49 Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2010-09-17 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I had installed minimals in a folder 'context' in my home directory. I am using a Macbook 10.6.4. I have been using MarkIV successfully for a number of months. I recently decided to update but I get the result below. I followed the instructions on Contextgarden as before in the ConTeXt Minimals page. I finally trashed the folder and did everything from scratch. I use TeXshop as my editor. I would be very grateful if anyone could give me the steps to get ConTeXt Minimals working again on my Mac.

Thanks,
Charlie

TeXExec | processing document 'Purser.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file Purser.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 519
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en

MTXrun | using format name: /Users/charlesdoherty/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/e580c8be7dcf42f3c6968188a08f16d6/formats/cont-en.fmt
MTXrun | no luc/lua with name: cont-en
TeXUtil | parsing file Purser.tui
TeXUtil | shortcuts : 0
TeXUtil | expansions: 0
TeXUtil | reductions: 0
TeXUtil | divisions : 0
TeXUtil | loaded files: 0
TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
TeXUtil | commands: 0
TeXUtil | programs: 0
TeXUtil | tuo file saved
TeXExec | runtime: 0.132344

* Re: Installing minimals
       [not found] <mailman.2169.1255108913.3069.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-10-09 18:21 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-10-09 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

\syntex=1 gives and error

\synctex=1 compiles but gives nothing (no additional files, not SyncTeX
recognizible data for TeXWorks viewer)

What's wrong with it?

Vyatcheslav

* Re: Installing minimals
@ 2009-10-09 17:30         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-10-09 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> В сообщении от 9 октября 2009 21:10:19 автор Hans Hagen написал:
>> Alain Delmotte wrote:
>> just add
>>
>> \syntex=1
> SyncTeX docs say \synctex=1

sure, i didn't test it -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Installing minimals
@ 2009-10-09 17:21       ` Yury G. Kudryashov
From: Yury G. Kudryashov @ 2009-10-09 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 249 bytes --]

В сообщении от 9 октября 2009 21:10:19 автор Hans Hagen написал:
> Alain Delmotte wrote:
> just add
>
> \syntex=1
SyncTeX docs say \synctex=1

--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud.urkud@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #1.2: This is a digitally signed message part. --]

* Re: Installing minimals
@ 2009-10-09 17:10     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-10-09 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alain Delmotte wrote:
> I am using MarkIV, so the call is not directly to texexec but mtxrun.cmd
>
> In TeXworks the parameters for MarkIV are
>
> Program: mtxrun.cmd
> Arguments:
> --autogenerate
> --script
> context
> $fullname
>
> and "mtxrun.cmd" in "..\context\tex\texmaf-mswin\bin" is
> @echo off
> setlocal
> set ownpath=%~dp0%
> texlua "%ownpath%mtxrun.lua" %*
> endlocal
>
> Should I add "--synctex" in "mtxrun.cmd" after "texlua".
> When I add as argument of the command in TeXworks, it doesn't work.

just add

\syntex=1

in your source

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Installing minimals
@ 2009-10-09 15:15   ` Alain Delmotte
From: Alain Delmotte @ 2009-10-09 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using MarkIV, so the call is not directly to texexec but mtxrun.cmd

In TeXworks the parameters for MarkIV are

Program: mtxrun.cmd
Arguments:
--autogenerate
--script
context
$fullname

and "mtxrun.cmd" in "..\context\tex\texmaf-mswin\bin" is
@echo off
setlocal
set ownpath=%~dp0%
texlua "%ownpath%mtxrun.lua" %*
endlocal

Should I add "--synctex" in "mtxrun.cmd" after "texlua".
When I add as argument of the command in TeXworks, it doesn't work.

Thanks for the help!

Alain

Jakub Piotr Cłapa a écrit :
> On 09-10-09 16:05, Alain Delmotte wrote:
>> Is synctex taken into account in context?
>
> Works for me on recent ConTeXt minimals. I have no menton of SyncTeX
> in the source tex file but I run TeX by
>
> texexec --synctex mgr.tex
>
> I get a mgr.synctex.gz(busy) file while TeXing and a mgr.synctex.gz
> file afterwards.

* Re: Installing minimals
@ 2009-10-09 14:19 ` Jakub Piotr Cłapa
From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa @ 2009-10-09 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09-10-09 16:05, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> Is synctex taken into account in context?

Works for me on recent ConTeXt minimals. I have no menton of SyncTeX in
the source tex file but I run TeX by

texexec --synctex mgr.tex

I get a mgr.synctex.gz(busy) file while TeXing and a mgr.synctex.gz file
afterwards.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa

* Installing minimals
@ 2009-10-09 14:05 Alain Delmotte
From: Alain Delmotte @ 2009-10-09 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi!

On the 16th of September I mentioned that I had problems to install the
minimals.

Further, on my portable, the one I used during EuroTeX I could not
connect to INTERNET anymore even after changing the connection parameters!!

I then decide to un-install the firewall program I use (COMODO -- which
I disabled when I tried to install the minimals, but with no result) and...
everything is now OK: I could reconnect and more important install the
minimals.

Still a problem using TeXworks: the synctex system is not working:
neither adding -synctex=1 in Preferences or \synctex=1 at the start of
the tex source.

Synctex appeared only in MikTeX 2.7 by a special (?) instruction in the
pdftex (?) program.