* "Invalid field" in Mark IV
@ 2009-05-13 19:54 Flavien Lambert
From: Flavien Lambert @ 2009-05-13 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all, I didn't use ConTeXt for some time and, so, have just re-installed
the minimals tonight. When running on some of my files, Mark II does its job
well but Mark IV tells me

error: Invalid field id nucleus for node type choice (0)
.
l.133 ... M décrit l'axe $({\rm O};\vect{e_{x}})$
                                                   avec une vitesse
$\dot{x}...

I have absolutely no idea what it is trying to say to me...
If related, the macro is defined by
\def\vect#1{%
  \overrightarrow{#1}
}

Regards,
--
Flavien.
----------------------------

* Re: "Invalid field" in Mark IV
@ 2009-05-13 20:04 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-05-13 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Flavien Lambert wrote:

> Dear all, I didn't use ConTeXt for some time and, so, have just re-installed
> the minimals tonight. When running on some of my files, Mark II does its job
> well but Mark IV tells me
>
> error: Invalid field id nucleus for node type choice (0)
> .
> l.133 ... M décrit l'axe $({\rm O};\vect{e_{x}})$
>                                                   avec une vitesse
> $\dot{x}...
>
> I have absolutely no idea what it is trying to say to me...
> If related, the macro is defined by
> \def\vect#1{%
>  \overrightarrow{#1}
> }

Can you create a minimum example. This runs fine here

\def\vect#1{%
   \overrightarrow{#1}}

\starttext
$\vect{e_{x}}$
\stoptext

Using ConTeXt  ver: 2009.05.12 22:35 MKIV

Aditya

* Re: "Invalid field" in Mark IV
@ 2009-05-13 20:46   ` Flavien Lambert
From: Flavien Lambert @ 2009-05-13 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the following example, it is the ";" that leads to the error
\def\vect#1{%
  \overrightarrow{#1}
}
\starttext
$({\rm O};\vect{e_{x}})$
\stoptext

If you suppress it, it works fine. (???)

2009/5/13 Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>

> On Wed, 13 May 2009, Flavien Lambert wrote:
>
>  Dear all, I didn't use ConTeXt for some time and, so, have just
>> re-installed
>> the minimals tonight. When running on some of my files, Mark II does its
>> job
>> well but Mark IV tells me
>>
>> error: Invalid field id nucleus for node type choice (0)
>> .
>> l.133 ... M décrit l'axe $({\rm O};\vect{e_{x}})$
>>                                                  avec une vitesse
>> $\dot{x}...
>>
>> I have absolutely no idea what it is trying to say to me...
>> If related, the macro is defined by
>> \def\vect#1{%
>>  \overrightarrow{#1}
>> }
>>

> Can you create a minimum example. This runs fine here
>
> \def\vect#1{%
>  \overrightarrow{#1}}
>
> \starttext
> $\vect{e_{x}}$
> \stoptext
>
> Using ConTeXt  ver: 2009.05.12 22:35 MKIV
>
> Aditya

Flavien.
----------------------------

@ 2009-05-13 21:06     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-05-13 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Flavien Lambert wrote:

> In the following example, it is the ";" that leads to the error
> \def\vect#1{%
>  \overrightarrow{#1}
> }
> \starttext
> $({\rm O};\vect{e_{x}})$
> \stoptext
>
> If you suppress it, it works fine. (???)

Taco, the error also occurs with cambria. So, by your definition, it is an
engine error.

Aditya

* Re: "Invalid field" in Mark IV
@ 2009-05-13 21:27       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-05-13 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Wed, 13 May 2009, Flavien Lambert wrote:
>
>> In the following example, it is the ";" that leads to the error
>> \def\vect#1{%
>>  \overrightarrow{#1}
>> }
>> \starttext
>> $({\rm O};\vect{e_{x}})$
>> \stoptext
>>
>> If you suppress it, it works fine. (???)
>
> Taco, the error also occurs with cambria. So, by your definition, it is
> an engine error.

It isn't, it is caused by the lua postprocessing of math lists that
does not deal with choice nodes properly. Hans should fix the lua
code, but meanwhile I do have an 'almost' engine-level solution:

   \def\mathchoice#1#2#3#4%
     {\ifcase\mathstyle#1\or#1\or#2\or#2\or#3\or#3\or#4\or\#4\fi}

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: "Invalid field" in Mark IV
@ 2009-05-13 21:41     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-13 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Flavien Lambert wrote:
> In the following example, it is the ";" that leads to the error
> \def\vect#1{%
>   \overrightarrow{#1}
> }
> \starttext
> $({\rm O};\vect{e_{x}})$
> \stoptext

math-noa.lua:

                             if nc == "po" then
                                 local last_noad = next_noad.next
                                 if last_noad and last_noad.id ==
math_noad and last_noad.subtype == noad_ord then

patch around line 265

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE