* mplib logging
@ 2009-05-13 18:48 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-05-13 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

how do I enable (verbose) logging of mplib? I have problems with a
corrupt pdf (the last paint form xobject is empty: .../Fm6 Do Q
endstream endobj). No errors or warnings in the ConTeXt log (actual?
beta). The same code works with mkii. No minimal example yet.

Peter

* Re: mplib logging
@ 2009-05-13 19:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-13 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do I enable (verbose) logging of mplib? I have problems with a
> corrupt pdf (the last paint form xobject is empty: .../Fm6 Do Q
> endstream endobj). No errors or warnings in the ConTeXt log (actual?
> beta). The same code works with mkii. No minimal example yet.

\nopdfcompression

and then look in the pdf file to see if there's something weird in XForm  6

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: mplib logging
@ 2009-05-13 19:10   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-05-13 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how do I enable (verbose) logging of mplib? I have problems with a
>> corrupt pdf (the last paint form xobject is empty: .../Fm6 Do Q
>> endstream endobj). No errors or warnings in the ConTeXt log (actual?
>> beta). The same code works with mkii. No minimal example yet.
>
> \nopdfcompression
>
> and then look in the pdf file to see if there's something weird in
> XForm  6

:) already done. the content of XForm 6 is completely missing.

/Fm6 Do
endstream
endobj

* Re: mplib logging
@ 2009-05-13 19:51   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-05-13 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how do I enable (verbose) logging of mplib? I have problems with a
>> corrupt pdf (the last paint form xobject is empty: .../Fm6 Do Q
>> endstream endobj). No errors or warnings in the ConTeXt log (actual?
>> beta). The same code works with mkii. No minimal example yet.
>
> \nopdfcompression
>
> and then look in the pdf file to see if there's something weird in
> XForm  6

ah, looks like my pdf/ps code understanding is not good enough. do you
mean the xobject declaring 'mps graphic 6'?
i haven't found much information for the \Fm pattern, so i don't know
how to connect the resources...

* Re: mplib logging
@ 2009-05-14 11:05 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-05-14 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> how do I enable (verbose) logging of mplib? I have problems with a
> corrupt pdf (the last paint form xobject is empty: .../Fm6 Do Q
> endstream endobj). No errors or warnings in the ConTeXt log (actual?
> beta). The same code works with mkii. No minimal example yet.

found the culprit. i reuse (hashing) /FunctionType3 definitions and this
is the cause of the trouble. there seems to be some runtime problems
(time when object number is written) in my lua/tex code. in the breaking
example the function definition was defined as obj 6 instead of the
xobject form. without hashing ('old code kept for readability') there
are no problems.

sorry for the noise.

Peter