* Re: \textrules in header
@ 2009-05-17 19:43 Robert-André Mauchin
From: Robert-André Mauchin @ 2009-05-17 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

 > Hans Hagen wrote (2001-10-18 (13:09)):
 >
 > > At 09:40 AM 10/18/2001 +0000, Peter Jander wrote:
 > > > Hi,
 > > >
 > > > I want a line to separate the header from the text body. Now if I
 > > > say
 > > >
 > > > \setupheader[after=\textrule]
 > > >
 > > > the line starts in the margin. The length is the width of the text
 > > > (which is ok). The same happens with a \hairline.
 > > > Any suggestions on how I can make the line span just the text
 > > > block?
 > >
 > > \setupbackgrounds[header][text]
 > > [frame=on,topframe=off,leftframe=off,rightframe=off]
 > >
 > > \setuplayout[header=18pt,headerdistance=12pt]
 > >
 > > \starttext \input tufte \stoptext
 >
 > Why doesn't Peter's solution work? It is the first that a new
 > user will think about (well, I did, at least :-). And the rules
 > really are something that logically belongs to the header, not
 > to the background. For example, when you start a new chapter,
 > and switch off the header on its first page, then you want the
 > rule to disappear as well, and not to switch it off separately
 > by changing the state of the background. (By the way, how would
 > that work? Can you give a \setuphead solution?)
 >
 > Marco

Hi,

Sorry to bump this very old thread, but I've searched a long time to
find this solution :

\setupheader[text][after=\hrule height 1pt]

Hope it helps

Bob

* Re: \textrules in header
@ 2001-10-27 14:15   ` Marco Kuhlmann
From: Marco Kuhlmann @ 2001-10-27 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Marco Kuhlmann                             marco.kuhlmann@gmx.net

* Re: \textrules in header
@ 2001-10-18 11:09 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-10-18 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:40 AM 10/18/2001 +0000, Peter Jander wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want a line to separate the header from the text body. Now if I say
>
>\setupheader[after=\textrule]
>
>the line starts in the margin. The length is the width of the text
>(which is ok). The same happens with a \hairline.
>Any suggestions on how I can make the line span just the text
>block?

\setupbackgrounds[header][text][frame=on,topframe=off,leftframe=off,rightframe=off]

\setuplayout[header=18pt,headerdistance=12pt]

\starttext \input tufte \stoptext

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* \textrules in header
@ 2001-10-18  9:40 Peter Jander