* LilyPond module, release 2009-05-19
@ 2009-05-19 20:24 Henning Hraban Ramm
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-05-19 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just uploaded a version of the LilyPond module that works with
ConTeXt MkIV latest beta (only a small fix).
Documentation PDF is still the old one, since I couldn't compile it.

Does anyone use this module at all, except me?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: LilyPond module, release 2009-05-19
@ 2009-05-19 20:27 ` Erich R Fickel
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Erich R Fickel @ 2009-05-19 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I just uploaded a version of the LilyPond module that works with
> ConTeXt MkIV latest beta (only a small fix).
> Documentation PDF is still the old one, since I couldn't compile it.
>
> Does anyone use this module at all, except me?

Yes. I use the module, for the old Context. I plan to upgrade at some
point, though.

-ERF

* Re: LilyPond module, release 2009-05-19
@ 2009-05-20  5:22 ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2009-05-20  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hraban,

I use your module since it worked with lilypond 2.12 and I ever used it with
mkiv.
I had never a problem using it except to get started with lilypond :-)

Your new module works here with LuaTeX, Version beta-0.41.0-2009051922
(Web2C 7.5.7)
and ConTeXt  ver: 2009.05.20 00:02 MKIV very well.

Thank you very much for the module.

btw.

Hi Hans,

can you insert a line of code in ctxtools.rb?
after the line:
430        $dontaskprefixes.push(Dir.glob("mpx-*"))
I would like to have:
431        $dontaskprefixes.push(Dir.glob("*-lilypond-*"))

that would purge the lilypond temporary files as well.

Greetings Lutz

@ 2009-05-20  7:30   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-05-20  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/5/20 Lutz Haseloff <lutz.haseloff@googlemail.com>:
> Thank you very much for the module.

I only care for it, I didn't write it, that was Christopher Creutzig,
and it wouldn't work with MkIV without Mojca Miklavec.

> can you insert a line of code in ctxtools.rb?
> after the line:
> 430        $dontaskprefixes.push(Dir.glob("mpx-*"))
> I would like to have:
> 431        $dontaskprefixes.push(Dir.glob("*-lilypond-*"))
>
> that would purge the lilypond temporary files as well.

I'm annoyed by LilyPond's garbage files as well, but don't you think,
purging **-lilypond-** would be a bit too much?
I guess it would be enough to purge the EPS files, we should keep
.tmp, .md5 and .pdf, otherwise you must compile the LilyPond parts
ever again.
I'm using this module for songbooklets containing about 30 songs,
calling LilyPond takes a lot of time - too much, if I'm only tweaking
the lyrics.
So I'd prefer a better solution than just cleaning everything -
perhaps some temp dir?
I guess the module could just write the tmp files (and thus everything
else) to a temp dir -- is there a general ConTeXt configuration for
temp stuff? -- and copy the completed pdf "images" so some image dir
-- another ConTeXt config setting?

Greetlings, Hraban

* Re: LilyPond module, release 2009-05-19
@ 2009-05-20  7:33 ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2009-05-20  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes!!!! I'm just preparing a four volume popular music history which
relies on that.

Piotr

2009/5/19 Henning Hraban Ramm <hraban@fiee.net>:
> I just uploaded a version of the LilyPond module that works with ConTeXt
> MkIV latest beta (only a small fix).
> Documentation PDF is still the old one, since I couldn't compile it.
>
> Does anyone use this module at all, except me?
>
> Greetlings from Lake Constance!
> Hraban
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net
> https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

http://okle.pl

* Re: LilyPond module, release 2009-05-19
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-05-20 12:29 ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2009-05-20 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've used it in the past, and have been hoping to use it again in MKIV.

@ 2009-05-20 19:20   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-05-20 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you all for your kind responses!
Now I know it's not only for myself ;-)

Wolfgang just provided me with a new version with simplified code -
thank you very much!
So I don't have to re-implement it in Lua too soon ;-)

I'll test the new one over the weekend and will release it then.