* define an incremental personal bullet of item
@ 2009-05-26 14:17 polytope
From: polytope @ 2009-05-26 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

I'd like to use "circled number 1", "circled number 2", ... as bullets
of itemized block.
There is an explanation how to define a personal bullet in the manual.
For each \item the same bullet is used.  But I want bullets
automatically changed to the next character in unicode table.
(For example, the command "\startitemize[n]"
displays next number as a bullet  when the command "\item" is issued. )

Is there a way to do that?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: define an incremental personal bullet of item
@ 2009-05-26 16:27 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-26 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

polytope wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to use "circled number 1", "circled number 2", ... as bullets
> of itemized block.
> There is an explanation how to define a personal bullet in the manual.
> For each \item the same bullet is used.  But I want bullets
> automatically changed to the next character in unicode table.
> (For example, the command "\startitemize[n]"
> displays next number as a bullet  when the command "\item" is issued. )
>
> Is there a way to do that?

\starttext

\startuniqueMPgraphic{circle}
     draw fullcircle xsized(bbwidth (OverlayBox enlarged 2pt)) ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[circle][\uniqueMPgraphic{circle}]

\def\MyCircledNumber#1%
   {\inframed[background=circle,frame=off]{\number#1}}

\defineconversion[n][\MyCircledNumber]

\startitemize[n,broad]
\dorecurse{20}{\item test \recurselevel}
\stopitemize

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-05-28  4:27 Dalyoung
From: Dalyoung @ 2009-05-28  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you for the checking.

I typed the text and run it.
At this time, it worked.
There may be a garbage attached during the process of "copy and paste".

By the way, is it possible to  modify this code to use circled
character a, b, c, ...?
By using the command \sym{symbol}, I may use them, but is there a
automatic way of doing that?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoug

* Re: define an incremental personal bullet of item
@ 2009-05-27 13:35 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-05-27 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

dalyoung schrieb:
> Dear Hans,
>
> Thank you for your code.
> I tested it using ConTeXt and LuaTeX, but I got following error.
>
> ********
> (/Users/graph/ConTeXtBeta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/pdfr-def.tex)
>
> (./test-lua.tuo)
> systems         : begin file test-lua at line 2
> ! Argument of \MyCircledNumber has an extra }.
> <inserted text>
>                 \par
> <to be read again>
>                    }
> \doattributes ...name #1#2\@EA \endcsname \fi {#4}
>                                                   \dostopattributes
> \dolistitem ...evel \c!style \c!color {\listitem }
>                                                   \fi \fi
> }\ifconditional \f...
>
> \complexdoitemgroupitem ...obreak \fi \dolistitem
>                                                   \relax
> \ifconditional \pac...
> <to be read again>
> l.15 \dorecurse{20}{\item test \recurselevel}
>
> ?
> ********
> However, I don't see any extra }.
> I just copy your code and run it.

I did the same (copy & run) and both marks work here. Must be some
problem with your tex installation...

Best wishes, Peter

@ 2009-05-27 13:29 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-05-27 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

It works here with:
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.40.1-2009050813 (Web2C 7.5.7)
ConTeXt  ver: 2009.05.26 17:57 MKIV  fmt: 2009.5.26  int: english/
english

KR

Willi

@ 2009-05-27 13:22 dalyoung