* alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-16 17:20 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-07-16 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just finished a first draft version of my adapted mp specials. Sadly
no test run is possible, as mplib is broken here. I also tested with the
untouched distribution, but every MP graphic (example attached) produces
this error message:

-----
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.42.0-2009071600 (Web2C 2009)
 \write18 enabled.
(mp.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2009.07.15 21:49 MKIV  fmt: 2009.7.16  int: english/english

system          : cont-new loaded
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems         : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv))
system          : cont-fil loaded
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
system          : cont-sys loaded
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex)
system          : mp.top loaded
(mp.top)
fonts           : preloading latin modern fonts
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-tmf.tex
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-tmf.mkiv))
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.mkiv))
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.tex
(r:/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.mkiv))
bodyfont        : 12pt rm is loaded
language        : language en is active
color           : system all is global activated
systems         : begin file mp at line 4
mplib           : initializing instance 'metafun' using format 'metafun'
mplib           : loading 'metafun.mp' from
'r:/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/d0b787cd25b9175dc4eaa276af366360/formats/cont-en-metafun.mem'
! Emergency stop.
<inserted text> ...ore.mp ; fi ; ;;;]===], false)}

\processMPgraphic ...s ;\!!es , \MPaskedfigure )}}
                                                  \egroup \global
\MPinstanc...
l.9 \stopMPcode

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!MTXrun | run 1:
luatex
--fmt="r:/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/d0b787cd25b9175dc4eaa276af366360/formats/cont-en"
--lua="r:/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/d0b787cd25b9175dc4eaa276af366360/formats/cont-en.lui"
--backend=pdf "./mp"
MTXrun | fatal error, return code: 1
-----

No problems with mkii (tested some big example graphics).

Best wishes, Peter

[-- Attachment #2: mp.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 167 bytes --]

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuppagenumber[state=stop]

\starttext
\null

\startMPcode
  fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red;
\stopMPcode

\stoptext

* Re: alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-16 21:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-07-16 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished a first draft version of my adapted mp specials. Sadly
> no test run is possible, as mplib is broken here. I also tested with the
> untouched distribution, but every MP graphic (example attached) produces
> this error message:

works ok here (just to be sure i uploaded an alpha zip)

there is curently something wrong in the 0.42 binary so don't be too
surprised if somethign fails, after all it's alpha!

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-17  6:28   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-07-17  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jul 16, 2009, at 11:47 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> works ok here (just to be sure i uploaded an alpha zip)
>
> there is curently something wrong in the 0.42 binary so don't be too
> surprised if somethign fails, after all it's alpha!
>
> Hans

Hi,

there is something wrong with the \buildtextaccent macro; this fails
with the alpha:

\define\longe{\buildtextaccent\textmacron e}

\starttext

\longe

\stoptext

It works with the beta, and the definition of \buildtextaccent in enco-
ini.mkiv hasn't changed, so I'm at a loss what's going wrong here.

All best

Thomas

* Re: alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-17  8:41   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-07-17  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just finished a first draft version of my adapted mp specials.
>> Sadly no test run is possible, as mplib is broken here. I also tested
>> with the untouched distribution, but every MP graphic (example
>> attached) produces this error message:
>
> works ok here (just to be sure i uploaded an alpha zip)

thanks for that. i also updated luatex (beta-0.42.0-2009071623), but no
luck.
maybe another xp only mystery? i will check on vista over the weekend.

> there is curently something wrong in the 0.42 binary so don't be too
> surprised if somethign fails, after all it's alpha!

sure, would be too boring if everything works from the start ;)

> Hans

* Re: alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-17  8:46     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-07-17  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2009, at 11:47 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> works ok here (just to be sure i uploaded an alpha zip)
>>
>> there is curently something wrong in the 0.42 binary so don't be too
>> surprised if somethign fails, after all it's alpha!
>>
>> Hans
>
> Hi,
>
> there is something wrong with the \buildtextaccent macro; this fails
> with the alpha:
>
> \define\longe{\buildtextaccent\textmacron e}

The \accent primitive was broken, there is a fix in the luatex
repository now.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-17  8:56     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-07-17  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hans Hagen schrieb:
>> Peter Rolf wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just finished a first draft version of my adapted mp specials.
>>> Sadly no test run is possible, as mplib is broken here. I also tested
>>> with the untouched distribution, but every MP graphic (example
>>> attached) produces this error message:
>>
>> works ok here (just to be sure i uploaded an alpha zip)
>>
> thanks for that. i also updated luatex (beta-0.42.0-2009071623), but no
> luck.
> maybe another xp only mystery? i will check on vista over the weekend.

Can you try whether it works after you delete

r:/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/d0b787cd25b9175dc4eaa276af366360/formats/cont-en-metafun.mem

(manually?)

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-17  9:10       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-07-17  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jul 17, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> there is something wrong with the \buildtextaccent macro; this fails
>> with the alpha:
>>
>> \define\longe{\buildtextaccent\textmacron e}
>
> The \accent primitive was broken, there is a fix in the luatex
> repository now.

Thanks Taco, it works again with the latest trunk!

Thomas

* Re: alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-17  9:22       ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-07-17  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>
>> Hans Hagen schrieb:

>>> works ok here (just to be sure i uploaded an alpha zip)
>>>

>> thanks for that. i also updated luatex (beta-0.42.0-2009071623), but no
>> luck.
>> maybe another xp only mystery? i will check on vista over the weekend.
>>

> Can you try whether it works after you delete
>
> r:/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/d0b787cd25b9175dc4eaa276af366360/formats/cont-en-metafun.mem
>
> (manually?)

i also checked the date of the mem-files and all were created newly.
anyhow, i gave it a try (you never know), but no surprise. same result
after deleting the mem file.

> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: alpha: mplib broken?
@ 2009-07-17 15:31 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-07-17 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished a first draft version of my adapted mp specials. Sadly
> no test run is possible, as mplib is broken here. I also tested with
> the untouched distribution, but every MP graphic (example attached)
> produces this error message:
>
> [..]

I have installed the latest und greatest luatex version (0.42 - non dll
version, 3x 3.8Mb...) and there are no problems with the mp graphic
anymore. Taco, please make a dll version next time ;)

Best wishes,  Peter