* bib module: changing citation style locally
@ 2009-08-21 13:48 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-08-21 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello (Taco or anyone else),

I have an impression that it used to be possible to say
\cite[author][reference], but I'm obviously doing something wrong
here, I only get Xxxxxxx or in case of [data] I don't get anything at
all (I'm using mkii). Here's an almost-minimal example:

\usemodule
	[bib]
\setuppublications
	[alternative=num,
	 criterium=all,
	 sorttype=cite]
\setuppublicationlist
	[artauthor=\normalshortauthor,
	 author=\normalshortauthor]

\starttext

first: \cite[Knoll]

second: \cite[author][Knoll], \cite[alternative=author][Knoll]

third: \cite[data][Knoll]

\startpublication[k=Knoll,t=book,a=Knoll]
	\title{Radiation Detection and Measurement}
	\author[]{Glenn Frederick}[G.~F.]{}{Knoll}
	\pubname{Wiley, John \& Sons, Incorporated}
	\pubyear{1979}
\stoppublication

\placepublications

\stoptext

Thanks in advance for any hints,
    Mojca

* Re: bib module: changing citation style locally
@ 2009-08-21 14:04 ` Derek CORDEIRO
From: Derek CORDEIRO @ 2009-08-21 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try taking the \startpublication ... \stoppublication before \starttext.
Seems to work for me that way.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Mojca Miklavec <
mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello (Taco or anyone else),
>
> I have an impression that it used to be possible to say
> \cite[author][reference], but I'm obviously doing something wrong
> here, I only get Xxxxxxx or in case of [data] I don't get anything at
> all (I'm using mkii). Here's an almost-minimal example:
>
> \usemodule
>        [bib]
> \setuppublications
>        [alternative=num,
>         criterium=all,
>         sorttype=cite]
> \setuppublicationlist
>        [artauthor=\normalshortauthor,
>         author=\normalshortauthor]
>
> \starttext
>
> first: \cite[Knoll]
>
> second: \cite[author][Knoll], \cite[alternative=author][Knoll]
>
> third: \cite[data][Knoll]
>
> \startpublication[k=Knoll,t=book,a=Knoll]
>        \title{Radiation Detection and Measurement}
>        \author[]{Glenn Frederick}[G.~F.]{}{Knoll}
>        \pubname{Wiley, John \& Sons, Incorporated}
>        \pubyear{1979}
> \stoppublication
>
> \placepublications
>
> \stoptext
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints,
>    Mojca

Blog: http://www.derekcordeiro.com
Follow Me: http://twitter.com/derekcordeiro
Get a great webhosting deal: http://is.gd/jrA2

* Re: bib module: changing citation style locally
@ 2009-08-21 14:36   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-08-21 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 16:04, Derek CORDEIRO wrote:
> Try taking the \startpublication ... \stoppublication before \starttext.
> Seems to work for me that way.

Oh, true, thanks a lot.

But it seems that it's not so much related to before or after
\starttext but more related to whether one loads bibliography before
or after one cites it. (I cannot put it before starttext since I'm
using project-component setup).

The confusing fact is that it still works with normal cite even if one
loads bibliography at the end, else I would probably figure out that I
need to load bibliography at the beginning of document earlier :) I
normally do that, but I had a component with all bibliography being
loaded at the end this time and it worked so far until I have tried
this.

Anyway, thanks a lot for pointing it out. I'll be more careful about
that next time.

Mojca

@ 2009-08-21 14:39     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-08-21 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> The confusing fact is that it still works with normal cite even if one
> loads bibliography at the end, else I would probably figure out that I
> need to load bibliography at the beginning of document earlier :) I
> normally do that, but I had a component with all bibliography being
> loaded at the end this time and it worked so far until I have tried
> this.

Bibliographies are never really loaded at the end, it just looks
that way to the user :)

Best wishes,
Taco