* White digit in a black square
       [not found] <mailman.1321.1251052483.3069.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-08-23 19:02 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-08-23 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

How to make page number as white digit in a black square? (And place it
on the right of the page)

Regards,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: White digit in a black square
@ 2009-08-23 19:41   ` Derek CORDEIRO
From: Derek CORDEIRO @ 2009-08-23 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm no expert, but this seems to work:

\setupcolors [state=start, system=rgb]

\def\bw#1{\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{\color[white]{#1}}}

\setuppagenumbering[command=\bw,location={header,margin}]
\starttext
\input tufte
\stoptext

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <
yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How to make page number as white digit in a black square? (And place it on
> the right of the page)

Since right is ambiguous(it could be header or footer) I think you will be
able to figure it out
http://texshow.contextgarden.net/cmd/en/setuppagenumbering

HTH

* Re: White digit in a black square
@ 2009-08-23 20:00     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-08-23 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Derek CORDEIRO wrote:

> I'm no expert, but this seems to work:
>
> \setupcolors [state=start, system=rgb]
>
> \def\bw#1{\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{\color[white]{#1}}}

Slightly more ConTeXtish

\defineframed
   [WhiteOnBlack]
   [background=color,backgroundcolor=black,foregroundcolor=white]

(I also tend to avoid small lowercase command names, as you could
inadvertenly redefine a build-in context macro)

> \setuppagenumbering[command=\bw,location={header,margin}]
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \stoptext

Aditya

* setuppagenumbering with location=none
       [not found] <mailman.1321.1251052483.3069.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-08-23 20:06 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-08-23 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Strange, but \setuppagenumbering[location=none] moves page numbers to
the bottom of the page. I guess this is invalid command altoghether, but
nevertheless, it does something unexpected :)

@ 2009-08-23 21:35     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-08-23 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Derek CORDEIRO wrote:
> I'm no expert, but this seems to work:
>
> \setupcolors [state=start, system=rgb]
>
> \def\bw#1{\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{\color[white]{#1}}}
>
> \setuppagenumbering[command=\bw,location={header,margin}]
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \stoptext

or

\def\bw#1%
  {\framed
     [background=color,
      backgroundcolor=black,
      foregroundcolor=white,
      foregroundstyle=bold]
     {#1}}

(best use \WhiteOnBlack or so since bw might conflict)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-08-23 21:36       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-08-23 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Derek CORDEIRO wrote:
>
>> I'm no expert, but this seems to work:
>>
>> \setupcolors [state=start, system=rgb]
>>
>> \def\bw#1{\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{\color[white]{#1}}}
>>

> Slightly more ConTeXtish
>
> \defineframed
>   [WhiteOnBlack]
>   [background=color,backgroundcolor=black,foregroundcolor=white]

ah ... even better -)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found] <mailman.1325.1251063337.3069.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-08-24  0:38 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-08-24  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you!

The following works fine for me:

\defineframed
    [WhiteOnBlack]
    [background=color,
    backgroundcolor=black,
    foregroundcolor=white]

\setuppagenumbering[command=\WhiteOnBlack,location={footer,margin}]

Concerning table of contents label, I will play with it latter.

Regards,
Vyatcheslav