* standard focus with interaction is not working
@ 2009-08-24 15:15 Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2009-08-24 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

\setupinteraction[focus=standard] has no effect, I get the usual "fit
page" mode instead. Works fine with MkII.

Example:
\setupinteraction[state=start,focus=standard]
\starttext
\goto{Knuth}[knuth]
\page
\input knuth \textreference[knuth]{}
\stoptext

A side note, I'm just wondering why "standard" isn't the default mode,
"fit page" is very annoying and distracts me while reading and I wonder
why anyone would need that in regular documents?

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: standard focus with interaction is not working
@ 2009-08-24 20:29 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-08-24 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Khaled Hosny wrote:
> \setupinteraction[focus=standard] has no effect, I get the usual "fit
> page" mode instead. Works fine with MkII.
>
> Example:
> \setupinteraction[state=start,focus=standard]
> \starttext
> \goto{Knuth}[knuth]
> \page
> \input knuth \textreference[knuth]{}
> \stoptext

in mkiv hypherlinks (annotations in general) are implemented rather
different thamn in mkii

in mkii the mechanism evolved from dvi based hyperlinks (dviwindo) and
had a couple of features not supported by pdftex by default

in mkiv all is handled by lua code (no pdf annotation primitives are
used); thsi means that we can do some more tricks than before; i
implemented support for views for lists but not for all other components
yet; after all, some of the view (focus) features make no sense for
references like the one in your example (future mkiv releases will
provide control over references areas)

i added support for that key but keep in mind that this is rather viewer
dependent (an di have no time now to figure out viewer details)

> A side note, I'm just wondering why "standard" isn't the default mode,
> "fit page" is very annoying and distracts me while reading and I wonder
> why anyone would need that in regular documents?

because it always was that defaukt and because it's the way i like it (i
always have/had high res screens, 1600x1200 or 1920x1200, which is nice
for viewing whole pages

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-08-24 23:14   ` Khaled Hosny