From: "Keith J. Schultz" <schultzk@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Structure of titles in MkIV
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 11:32:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Alan,

In a way I agree one can live without the added syntax and semantic
error reporting, But, as you say you have been using it for ten years.
All are not that lucky. Then there are those beginners that simply have
no idea what is going on. Because they do not know ConTeXt, TeX, or LaTeX, etc.
This problem is more severe due to the fact that IMHO the documentation for
ConTeXt does not state many things!

Error checking should not be given up for performance sake!
That is not good practice. If one can not wait a minute longer
for a 500 page document, somebody has to learn to chill down.

Been around Computers since the mid 80s, so I know what it is like
to wait 5 minutes for a three page document, waiting for a TeX system
render and create all those files to print it on a dot-matrix printer.
Not, to mention the printing itself in graphics mode for the best quality.

regards
	Keith.

Am 15.10.2014 um 16:10 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:25:11 +0200
> Keith Schultz <keithjschultz@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> BUT, Michal I believe has a point. Or should I say has come across a
>> FLAW, according to my view of things. ConTeXt should warn...
>
> I was warned (a few years ago) on the mailing list NOT to place any
> text outside of structure elements. For example,

[snip, snip]