* Re: A Metapost question
@ 2009-09-11 14:38 Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-09-11 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Sorry, already have found the answer to my question in MetaFun Manual
(metafun-s).

[blush]

Vyatcheslav

* Re: A Metapost question
@ 2009-09-11 14:42   ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2009-09-11 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> b) Does anyone mind if I add "Using in ConTeXt" section to
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MetaPost ?

  Of course not, that's what the wiki is here for.

	Arthur

* Re: A Metapost question
@ 2009-09-11 14:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-09-11 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a) Can anyone explain me the practical difference between
> \startuseMPgraphic and \startreusableMPgraphic ? Both the former and the
> latter allow to place a picture few times.

'reuse' makes smaller pdf files as graphics are only included once; so
does 'unique' but it uses some heuristics to determine uniqueness

> b) Does anyone mind if I add "Using in ConTeXt" section to
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MetaPost ?

go ahead .. maybe also cleanup that page a bit

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* A Metapost question
       [not found] <mailman.1712.1252652594.3069.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-09-11 14:33 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-09-11 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

a) Can anyone explain me the practical difference between
\startuseMPgraphic and \startreusableMPgraphic ? Both the former and the
latter allow to place a picture few times.

b) Does anyone mind if I add "Using in ConTeXt" section to
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MetaPost ?

Regards,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: A Metapost question
@ 2003-05-22 15:58 ` Emil Hedevang Lohse
From: Emil Hedevang Lohse @ 2003-05-22 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnicka <quasar@econ.muni.cz> writes:

> Good noon.
>
> I'm sorry that I bother you with an off-topic question, but I know here are
> many Metapost gurus.
>
> I'd like to join two point (E1 and E2) having the same ypart
> (ypart(E1)=ypart(E2)) with the TeX underbrace sign. To do it I have to tell
> TeX (via btex ... etex?) the horizontal distance of the two points. Do you
> know how can I do it?

Take a look at

http://www.d.kth.se/~f91-tek/cm_arrows.html

--
Emil Hedevang Lohse <http://home.imf.au.dk/emil/>

Alle spørgsmål er lige dumme.
Og spørgsmålet "Kan ænder flyve?" er ikke dumt.

* Re: A Metapost question
@ 2003-05-22 11:19 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-05-22 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 22 May 2003 11:47:14 +0200
Michal Kvasnicka <quasar@econ.muni.cz> wrote:

> I'd like to join two point (E1 and E2) having the same ypart
> (ypart(E1)=ypart(E2)) with the TeX underbrace sign. To do it I have to tell
> TeX (via btex ... etex?) the horizontal distance of the two points. Do you
> know how can I do it?

%%% snip-->
input TEX ;

pair E[] ; numeric XShift ;

XShift := 3cm ; E1 := (1,13) ; E2 := E1 shifted (XShift,0) ;

beginfig(1);
pickup pencircle scaled 2pt ;
draw E1 ; label.top("E1",E1);
draw E2 ; label.top("E2",E2);

labeloffset := 0 ;

label.bot(
  TEX("$\underbrace{\hbox to " &
  (decimal (xpart (E2-E1))) & "bp{}}$"), 0.5[E1,E2]) ;
endfig;

end
%%%<--snap

The example above is plain MP. Embedded in a ConTeXt document you
should better use the "textext" macro instead of the "TEX" macro from
TEX.mp.

Jens

* A Metapost question
@ 2003-05-22  9:47 Michal Kvasnicka