* gwTeX ghostscript
@ 2007-06-04 18:40 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2007-06-04 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I anyone is running gwTeX on a mac, may I ask two questions:

1. Is the i-installer still running Context Updater properly?

2. How do I access ghostscript from the command line?

* Re: gwTeX ghostscript
@ 2007-06-05  7:14 ` Bernd Militzer
From: Bernd Militzer @ 2007-06-05  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold schrieb:
> All,
>
> I anyone is running gwTeX on a mac, may I ask two questions:
>
> 1. Is the i-installer still running Context Updater properly?

I think yes
> 2. How do I access ghostscript from the command line?

gv filename

Bernd

* Re: gwTeX ghostscript
@ 2007-06-05 16:30   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2007-06-05 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bernd,

Thanks. But even though I used i-installer to install Ghostscript, I
have no gv on my system.

On Jun 5, 2007, at 12:14 AM, Bernd Militzer wrote:

> David Arnold schrieb:
>> All,
>>
>> I anyone is running gwTeX on a mac, may I ask two questions:
>>
>> 1. Is the i-installer still running Context Updater properly?
>>
> I think yes
>> 2. How do I access ghostscript from the command line?
>>
> gv filename
>
> Bernd
> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: gwTeX ghostscript
@ 2007-06-05 20:33     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2007-06-05 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2007-06-05 um 18:30 schrieb David Arnold:

> Thanks. But even though I used i-installer to install Ghostscript, I
> have no gv on my system.

gv is GhostView (AFAIK only available for Windows).
gs is GhostScript.

(BTW: 'apropos' is your friend!)

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: gwTeX ghostscript
@ 2007-06-05 21:15       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2007-06-05 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

I use gwTeX and i-Installer, gv is present but you have to invoke it
in an X11 window.
Also I think when installing with i-Installer it asks you whether you
want a CLI (Command Line Interface) be installed, at least this is
done with TeX and I think it must be the case with GhostView.

Best regards: OK