From: "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: oldstyle features and typing
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 19:37:08 +0200	[thread overview]

On May 17, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

>> Another interesting feature is that numbers in the typing
>> environmnet come
>> out in oldstyle (they look nice, BTW). This is expected, and can be
>> avoided by using a complete typescript and loading tt fonts with
>> fefault
>> features, and other with oldstyle features. Nevertheless, I find it
>> to be
>> an interesting side effect.
>
> \def\mkinitializeverbatim
>   {\ctxlua{buffers.visualizers.reset()}%
>    \def\obs{\obeyedspace}%
>    \verbatimfont
>    \resetfontfeature
>    \obeycharacters}

Since we're speaking about oldstyle numbers, here's an interesting
little bug in mkiv that has bugged me (no pun intended) for quite some
time now. Is there a solution to this one too?

Best

Thomas

\definefontfeature
   [mytest]

[mode
=node,script=latn,language=dflt,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes,onum=yes]

\starttypescript [serif] [test]
   \definefontsynonym [Serif]          [name:TeXGyrePagella-Regular]
[features=mytest]
  \stoptypescript

\starttypescript [Test]
   \definetypeface [Test] [rm] [serif] [test] [default]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[Test]
\setupbodyfont[Test,12pt]

\setupfootertexts[-- \pagenumber\ --]