* Bib/bibtex duplicate entries
@ 2009-10-21  8:31 Émilien Tlapale
From: Émilien Tlapale @ 2009-10-21  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi!

I am new to ConTeXt and juste created my first document, however
there seems to be a strange behaviour in the output. Indeed I see
a lot of duplicated bibliography entries. Moreover using sort=author
did not sort the list.

My document layout is as follows:

usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database=thesis,sort=author]

\starttext
\startbodymatter

\chapter{}
\section{}
\subsection{}
\subsubsubject{}

\stopbodymatter
\startappendices
\chapter{Bibliography}
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stopappendices
\stoptext

I am using texlive-2009, LuaTeX beta-0.43.0-2009081914.

Thanks a lot!

* Re: Bib/bibtex duplicate entries
@ 2009-10-21  8:50 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-21  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Émilien Tlapale wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am new to ConTeXt and juste created my first document, however
> there seems to be a strange behaviour in the output. Indeed I see
> a lot of duplicated bibliography entries. Moreover using sort=author
> did not sort the list.
>
> My document layout is as follows:

That did not help, we will need an actual small test file.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bib/bibtex duplicate entries
@ 2009-10-21  9:43   ` Émilien Tlapale
From: Émilien Tlapale @ 2009-10-21  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Émilien Tlapale wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am new to ConTeXt and juste created my first document, however
>> there seems to be a strange behaviour in the output. Indeed I see
>> a lot of duplicated bibliography entries. Moreover using sort=author
>> did not sort the list.
>>
>> My document layout is as follows:
>>

> That did not help, we will need an actual small test file.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco
Here comes too small context and bibtex files with the same problem,
i.e. the bibliography
lists every occurence of a bib entry, even if they were already listed.
Best,
Émilien

\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database=ctx-tx]

\starttext
\startbodymatter

\chapter{Chapter X}

\cite[bar]

\cite[bar]

\stopbodymatter
\startappendices
\chapter{Bibliography}
\placepublications
\stopappendices

\stoptext

@article{bar,
    author={Bar, K.},
    title={Hello world},
    journal={Super Smurfs},
    year={1986}
}

* Re: Bib/bibtex duplicate entries
@ 2009-10-21 15:03     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-21 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Émilien Tlapale wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Émilien Tlapale wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I am new to ConTeXt and juste created my first document, however
>>> there seems to be a strange behaviour in the output. Indeed I see
>>> a lot of duplicated bibliography entries. Moreover using sort=author
>>> did not sort the list.
>>>
>>> My document layout is as follows:
>>>

>> That did not help, we will need an actual small test file.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Taco
> Here comes too small context and bibtex files with the same problem,
> i.e. the bibliography
> lists every occurence of a bib entry, even if they were already listed.

Output is ok here, it could be something that is fixed in the latest
context beta (the core bib module support is quite new). I am running:

  ConTeXt  ver: 2009.10.14 22:43 MKIV  fmt: 2009.10.21  int: english/english

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bib/bibtex duplicate entries (solved)
@ 2009-10-23  8:57       ` Émilien Tlapale
From: Émilien Tlapale @ 2009-10-23  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Émilien Tlapale wrote:
>> Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>>> That did not help, we will need an actual small test file.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Taco
>> Here comes too small context and bibtex files with the same problem,
>> i.e. the bibliography
>> lists every occurence of a bib entry, even if they were already listed.
>
> Output is ok here, it could be something that is fixed in the latest
> context beta (the core bib module support is quite new). I am running:
>
>   ConTeXt  ver: 2009.10.14 22:43 MKIV  fmt: 2009.10.21  int: english/english
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco
Thanks Taco!

Indeed I was using a too old version of ConTeXt, so I installed the newest
Minimals [1] and now got unique entries. I was using:
ConTeXt  ver: 2009.08.19 17:10 MKIV  fmt: 2009.10.14  int: english/english
and I am now using:
ConTeXt  ver: 2009.10.22 23:27 MKIV  fmt: 2009.10.23  int: english/english

Best regards,

Émilien

[1] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals