* Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-10-23 14:49 Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-10-23 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you go to http://modules.contextgarden.net/bib, you get a message
that no bib module is avaliable. I suppose that you remove the page
because bib (will?) is integraded in ConTeXt release. But, can you
restore the link or at least put the documentation module avaliable
somewhere? The pdf documentation was very good for consulting options...

Regards,
Xan.

PS: CCme

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-10-25  8:06 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-25  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you go to http://modules.contextgarden.net/bib, you get a message
> that no bib module is avaliable. I suppose that you remove the page
> because bib (will?) is integraded in ConTeXt release. But, can you
> restore the link or at least put the documentation module avaliable
> somewhere? The pdf documentation was very good for consulting options...

Assuming you are using the minimals, the file should be on your harddisk
as <texroot>/texmf-context/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-02 20:34 ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2009-11-02 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Xan wrote:
> >/ Hi,
> />/
> />/ If you go to http://modules.contextgarden.net/bib, you get a message
> />/ that no bib module is avaliable. I suppose that you remove the page
> />/ because bib (will?) is integraded in ConTeXt release. But, can you
> />/ restore the link or at least put the documentation module avaliable
> />/ somewhere? The pdf documentation was very good for consulting options...
> /
> Assuming you are using the minimals, the file should be on your harddisk
> as <texroot>/texmf-context/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf

I was refering to restore bib documentation _in the web_
Before, it was good to consult in modules.contextgarden.net/bib all the documentation,
prerequisites, and etc of bib module (as other modules)

Xan.

@ 2009-11-02 20:58   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-02 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Xan wrote:

>> Xan wrote:
>> >/ Hi,
>> />/ />/ If you go to http://modules.contextgarden.net/bib, you get a
>> message />/ that no bib module is avaliable. I suppose that you remove the
>> page />/ because bib (will?) is integraded in ConTeXt release. But, can you
>> />/ restore the link or at least put the documentation module avaliable />/
>> somewhere? The pdf documentation was very good for consulting options...
>> /
>> Assuming you are using the minimals, the file should be on your harddisk
>> as <texroot>/texmf-context/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf
>>

> I was refering to restore bib documentation _in the web_
> Before, it was good to consult in modules.contextgarden.net/bib all the
> documentation,
> prerequisites, and etc of bib module (as other modules)

Actually, the documentation on disk is also missing from the minimals.

$find /opt/context-minimals -name "*bib*"
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-aps.tex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-num-fr.tex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-apa-fr.tex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-apa-de.tex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-num.tex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-ssa.tex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-ams.tex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-apa.tex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/base/bibl-bib.mkiv
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/base/bibl-tra.mkii
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/base/bibl-tst.lua
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/base/bibl-bib.lua
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/base/bibl-tra.lua
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/tex/context/base/bibl-tra.mkiv
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-context/bibtex
/opt/context-minimals/texmf-linux-64/bin/bibtex

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-03 18:28     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-11-03 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 21:58, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Xan wrote:
>
>>> Assuming you are using the minimals, the file should be on your harddisk
>>> as <texroot>/texmf-context/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf
>>>
> Actually, the documentation on disk is also missing from the minimals.

True. Hans, can you please add bib documentation to ConTeXt?
(I cannot do anything since it's "not available anywhere" at the moment.)

Mojca

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-03 19:55       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-03 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> Actually, the documentation on disk is also missing from the minimals.
>
> True. Hans, can you please add bib documentation to ConTeXt?
> (I cannot do anything since it's "not available anywhere" at the moment.)

hm, documentation is not part of the zip file (otherwise we would end up
with a pretty large zip)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-03 19:58         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-11-03 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 20:55, Hans Hagen wrote:

> hm, documentation is not part of the zip file (otherwise we would end up
> with a pretty large zip)

Taco - what do you suggest then?

Mojca

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-03 20:27           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-03 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 20:55, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> hm, documentation is not part of the zip file (otherwise we would end up
>> with a pretty large zip)
>
> Taco - what do you suggest then?

thomas is extending / checking the manual so eventually we will have a
new one

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-03 21:40             ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-03 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 20:55, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>> hm, documentation is not part of the zip file (otherwise we would end up
>>> with a pretty large zip)
>>
>> Taco - what do you suggest then?
>
> thomas is extending / checking the manual so eventually we will have a
> new one

On what timeframe is that? because at the moment there is absolutely
zero documentation available to users which is somewhat silly
considering that there is a perfectly usable manual.

Should I just reinstate the module page until Thomas is done?

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-03 21:45               ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-03 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:40 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> On what timeframe is that? because at the moment there is absolutely
> zero documentation available to users which is somewhat silly
> considering that there is a perfectly usable manual.
>
> Should I just reinstate the module page until Thomas is done?
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Taco,

please do. I started working on it, but then our term started, and
right now, I'm not able to do much work on it. So the timeframe is
rather spring 2010, if all goes well. Sorry. (Oh, and I'll be sure to
pester you with questions, so you'll know when I'm really working on
it :-)

Thomas

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-04  7:28                 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-04  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

>> Should I just reinstate the module page until Thomas is done?
>
> please do.

Ok, started a new request.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-04  9:22                   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-04  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>>> Should I just reinstate the module page until Thomas is done?
>> please do.
>
> Ok, started a new request.

See this link:
  http://modules.contextgarden.net/bibman

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-04 10:05                     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-11-04 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>>> please do.
>>
>> Ok, started a new request.
>
> See this link:
>  http://modules.contextgarden.net/bibman
sorry for the noise, but what is wrong with
bibmod-doc.pdf ?
--
luigi

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-04 10:10                       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-04 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
>> See this link:
>>  http://modules.contextgarden.net/bibman
> sorry for the noise, but what is wrong with
> bibmod-doc.pdf ?

The 'new' module *is* bibmod-doc.pdf.

It didn't exist on the web anymore after I deleted
the standalone module from the garden.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-04 10:24                         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-11-04 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> luigi scarso wrote:
>>> See this link:
>>>  http://modules.contextgarden.net/bibman
>> sorry for the noise, but what is wrong with
>> bibmod-doc.pdf ?
>
> The 'new' module *is* bibmod-doc.pdf.
>
> It didn't exist on the web anymore after I deleted
> the standalone module from the garden.
So we can put in the minimals too.
It's not too big, IMMO.
--
luigi

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-04  8:10 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-04  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Blackstone wrote:
> Hi,
> For what it's worth:
> On http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2009.10.27, I noticed that
> t-bib.mkii, t-bib.mkiv, t-bib.tex, t-bibltx.tex, t-bib.xml, and
> doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf as well as
> doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.tex are all in the list of deleted files.
> (along with many others).
> I get the impression that nobody knows why.

I, at least, know why :)

The t-bib files are obsolete and replaced by the bibl-X files,
as you suspect. The manual is not included because that would
bloat the zip file.

> Are the new files bibl-tra.{mkii, mkiv, lua} their replacement? If so,
> is there any relevant documentation? (Not mentioned in the list of new
> files.)

The old manual still applies. See also a discussion we had mere hours
(well maybe a day) ago on this same mailing list.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Where is the bib module link?
@ 2009-11-04  8:07 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2009-11-04  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,
For what it's worth:
On http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2009.10.27, I noticed that
t-bib.mkii, t-bib.mkiv, t-bib.tex, t-bibltx.tex, t-bib.xml, and
doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf as well as
doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.tex are all in the list of deleted files.
(along with many others).
I get the impression that nobody knows why.
Are the new files bibl-tra.{mkii, mkiv, lua} their replacement? If so,
is there any relevant documentation? (Not mentioned in the list of new
files.)
Best regards,
Robert Blackstone