* Simple Newbie Question.
@ 2009-07-08  0:57 Stirling Westrup
From: Stirling Westrup @ 2009-07-08  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm hoping the answer to this question should be obvious, but I'm
having no luck with it.

I'm trying to do a layout for a 1-page datasheet. At the very bottom
of the page, in some tiny font, I need to put a copyright notice and
datasheet ID number.

Ideally I'd like to define some fixed text block containing the text
(as its exact size and font have not yet been finalized), and then
somehow define the height of the footer to be exactly equal to the
height of the text block. Once I've done that, I need to place the
text in the footer.

I've been going back and forth through the scattered bits of ConTeXt
manual and the wiki, but I'm having no luck in figuring out how one
might do this.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.

* Re: Simple Newbie Question.
@ 2009-07-08  6:10 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-07-08  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Stirling Westrup <swestrup@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm hoping the answer to this question should be obvious, but I'm
> having no luck with it.
>
> I'm trying to do a layout for a 1-page datasheet. At the very bottom
> of the page, in some tiny font, I need to put a copyright notice and
> datasheet ID number.
>
> Ideally I'd like to define some fixed text block containing the text
> (as its exact size and font have not yet been finalized), and then
> somehow define the height of the footer to be exactly equal to the
> height of the text block. Once I've done that, I need to place the
> text in the footer.
>
> I've been going back and forth through the scattered bits of ConTeXt
> manual and the wiki, but I'm having no luck in figuring out how one
> might do this.

Doesn't
 http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Visuals
help you ?

--
luigi

* Re: Simple Newbie Question.
@ 2009-07-08  9:43 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-07-08  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

is this what you want?

\setuplayout
	[topspace=2.5cm,
	backspace=1.5cm,
	header=0pt,
	margin=0pt,
	footer=1.5\bodyfontsize,
	height=middle,
	width=middle]
\mainlanguage[nl]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupframed
\startbuffer[Footer]
	\framedtext[align=right,frame=on, width=
\textwidth,offset=3pt,framecolor=red]{\tfxx Datasheet:}
\stopbuffer
\setupfootertexts[{\getbuffer[Footer]}]
%\showframe

\starttext
Here is a Datasheet
\stoptext

Kind regards

Willi
On Jul 8, 2009, at 2:57 AM, Stirling Westrup wrote:

> I'm hoping the answer to this question should be obvious, but I'm
> having no luck with it.
>
> I'm trying to do a layout for a 1-page datasheet. At the very bottom
> of the page, in some tiny font, I need to put a copyright notice and
> datasheet ID number.
>
> Ideally I'd like to define some fixed text block containing the text
> (as its exact size and font have not yet been finalized), and then
> somehow define the height of the footer to be exactly equal to the
> height of the text block. Once I've done that, I need to place the
> text in the footer.
>
> I've been going back and forth through the scattered bits of ConTeXt
> manual and the wiki, but I'm having no luck in figuring out how one
> might do this.
>
> --
> Stirling Westrup
> Programmer, Entrepreneur.
> https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/77228
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/swestrup
> http://technaut.livejournal.com
> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Prefixes in labels
@ 2009-10-23 13:25   ` Albrecht Kauffmann
From: Albrecht Kauffmann @ 2009-10-23 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I want to give the references in the appendix of my work a prefix "A",
e.g. eq. (\in[eq:A-somewhat]) referencing to \placeformula[eq:A-somewhat]
should produce "eq. (A-1)" if this is the first equation in the appendix.

Does ConTeXt have this feature?

Thanks for any hint,
Albrecht

* Re: Prefixes in labels
@ 2009-10-25  9:35     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-25  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Albrecht Kauffmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to give the references in the appendix of my work a prefix "A",
> e.g. eq. (\in[eq:A-somewhat]) referencing to \placeformula[eq:A-somewhat]
> should produce "eq. (A-1)" if this is the first equation in the appendix.
>
> Does ConTeXt have this feature?

If you don't mind using a slighty different command:

\definereferenceformat [inAeq] [left={eq.~(A-},right={)}]

\starttext

\placeformula[eq:A-somewhat]
\startformula a=b
\stopformula