* Bib: Cite with alternative=data fails
@ 2009-10-31 13:01 Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2009-10-31 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In the context minimals' bib mod, \cite[alternative=data][...] fails with
the following error:

! Undefined control sequence.
\@@pvdatainbook ... }{\egroup . }{\insertcrossref
                                                  { in~}{}{. }}}
{\insertseri...

\dotypesetapublication ...ve {\getvalue {pbdt-#1}}
                                                  \fi \egroup
\next1 #1,->\dobibdata {#1}
                           \doprocesscommaitem
\doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
                                                  ]\relax \global \advance
\...

\bibdataref ...e \processcommalist [#1]\dobibdata
                                                  \bibalternative \v!right
\docite ...alue {bib\@@currentalternative ref}[#2]
                                                  \else \processcommalist
[#...
l.158 ...alternative=data][lippe_evolutionre_2006]

Is that still supposed to work and/or is there another alternative to
display the full citation info?

Btw. the current beta minimals don't contain the bib documentation (at least
there is no PDF regarding bib in my whole context tree).

Thanks in advance,
Andreas Schneider.

* Re: Bib: Cite with alternative=data fails
@ 2009-10-31 15:03 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-31 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Schneider wrote:
> In the context minimals' bib mod, \cite[alternative=data][...] fails with
> the following error:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \@@pvdatainbook ... }{\egroup . }{\insertcrossref
>                                                   { in~}{}{. }}}
> {\insertseri...

Did this work earlier? It wouldn't surprise me if it was broken
in older versions as well.

As usual, a small selfcontained test file would be most helpful and
would increase the chance of an actual solution by a fair amount.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bib: Cite with alternative=data fails
@ 2009-10-31 15:39   ` Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2009-10-31 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Did this work earlier? It wouldn't surprise me if it was broken
> in older versions as well.

Sorry, I didn't want to imply that the problem was introduced in the latest
version - it might as well be there for some time now. The last time I
compiled the document in question was end of July.

I attached a representative example document.

Since details often matter: I need alternative=data to put the whole
citation information into footnotes. So if alternative=data is not the right
approach, I would be happy to learn how to do it better :)

Best regards,
Andreas.

[-- Attachment #2: bibtest.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex; name="bibtest.tex", Size: 903 bytes --]

\mainlanguage[de]
\enableregime[utf]

\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa-de]
\setuppublicationlist[artauthor=\invertedshortauthor,author=\invertedshortauthor]

\startpublication[k=cheng_tutorial_1999,t=article,
a={{Cheng},{Gen}},y=1999,
u={http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true\&db=bth\&AN=2204993\&sit%
e=ehost-live},
n=2,s=CG99]
\artauthor[]{Runwei}[R.]{}{Cheng}
\artauthor[]{Mitsuo}[M.]{}{Gen}
\pubyear{1999}
\arttitle{A tutorial survey of job-shop scheduling problems using genetic
  algorithms}
\journal{Computers \& Industrial Engineering}
\issn{0360-8352}
\volume{36}
\pages{343-364}
\month{4}
\keywords{Genetic algorithms}
\biburl{http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true\&db=bth\&AN=2204993%
\&site=ehost-live}
\stoppublication

\starttext
  This is some short test.
  \cite[alternative=data][cheng_tutorial_1999]
\stoptext

* Re: Bib: Cite with alternative=data fails
@ 2009-11-01  7:54     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-01  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Schneider wrote:

> Sorry, I didn't want to imply that the problem was introduced in the latest
> version - it might as well be there for some time now. The last time I
> compiled the document in question was end of July.

Looks like a conversion error in the core module. The token list

   \initializebibdefinitions

should not be executed at the start of \typesetpubslist, but at the
start of every separate \dotypesetapublication. The two affected macros
should ook like this for mark iv (bibl-tra.mkiv):

\def\typesetpubslist
   {\dobeginoflist
    % \the\initializebibdefinitions % COMMENTED
    \edef\currentlist{pubs}%
    \doif{\listparameter\c!criterium}\v!cite
        {\setuplist[pubs][\c!criterium=\v!here]}%
    \ctxlua{bibtex.hacks.reset(\number\bibtexoncemode)}%
    \placestructurelist{pubs}%
      {\listparameter\c!criterium}{\listparameter\c!number}%
    \ctxlua{bibtex.hacks.flush("\@@pbsorttype")}%
    \doendoflist}

\def\dotypesetapublication#1%
   {\bgroup
    \the\initializebibdefinitions % NEW
    \def\@@currentalternative{:l:}%
    \presetbibvariables
    \let\biblanguage\empty
    \ignorespaces
    \bibgetvard{#1}%
    \bibalternative{\bibgetvart{#1}}%
    \egroup}

The change for mkii is similar but the macros are a bit different
(bibl-tra.mkii)

If you wrap these two definitions in \unprotect ... \protect, you can
add them to your document preamble until the change appears in the next
update.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bib: Cite with alternative=data fails
@ 2009-11-01 11:03       ` Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2009-11-01 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Looks like a conversion error in the core module. The token list
> If you wrap these two definitions in \unprotect ... \protect, you can
> add them to your document preamble until the change appears in the next
> update.

Thank you for fixing this so fast :)
The support for ConTeXt is really impressive and imho much better then most
commercial "alternatives" (although there probably is no real alternative to
the typesetting capabilities of TeX).

Thanks again and best regards,
Andreas.

* Re: Bib: Cite with alternative=data fails
@ 2009-11-01 18:31       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-01 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> The change for mkii is similar but the macros are a bit different
> (bibl-tra.mkii)

hopefully fixed right in the beta

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE