* Drawing vertical and horizontal lines inside a matrix
       [not found] <mailman.446.1258312663.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-15 19:44 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
       [not found]   ` <6faad9f01001071211w163c5deal62bc1849cf43dbd4@mail.gmail.com>
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-15 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

Can I draw vertical and horizontal lines inside a matrix?

I get ugly result by underlining and "sidelining" the elements, but what
I neeed is to underline the whole row and draw a line next to the whole
column.

\startformula T = \left[ {\matrix{

a & b & {c |} & p \cr

d & e & {f |} & q \cr

{\underline h } & {\underline i } & {\underline j |} & r \cr

l & m & {n |} & s \cr

} } \right].\stopformula

The attached picture shows how it looks now.

Vyatcheslav

[-- Attachment #2: 2009-11-15_213714.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 6755 bytes --]

* \setuphead and n*serried
       [not found] <mailman.446.1258312663.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-15 20:14 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-15 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi friends,

I like [n*serried] option very much. Why I cannot use it in \setuphead
instead of distance, too?

%works
\setuphead[subsubject][

alternative=text, style=\bf, distance=0.7ex]

%does not work
\setuphead[subsubject][

alternative=text, style=\bf, 1*serried]

Regards,

Vyatcheslav

* Re: TeX Gyre and (no) Cyrillic
       [not found]       ` <6faad9f01001071256g4857c76fxb55c3e03011f9a10@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-01-08  0:18         ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-01-08  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mojca Miklavec, ntg-context

Dear Mojca
> Did you read the message about TeX Gyre?

Ohhhh! I overlooked it.

This will not affect me much since I use standard Windows fonts and
sometimes Adobe. But the poor thing is that ConTeXt will not work with
Cyrillic "out of the box" anymore.

However, since we count Cyrillic users using fingers of one hand :), I
think you can drop old Gyre fonts and don't bother yourself with it.
Anyone will seek another solution, and Gyre fonts never was of top
quality, IMHO.

Thank you for caring about us!
Vyatcheslav

* Re: TeX Gyre and (no) Cyrillic
@ 2010-01-08  3:40           ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-01-08  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

2010/1/8 Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com>:
> Dear Mojca
>>
>> Did you read the message about TeX Gyre?
>>

> Ohhhh! I overlooked it.
>
> This will not affect me much since I use standard Windows fonts and
> sometimes Adobe. But the poor thing is that ConTeXt will not work with
> Cyrillic "out of the box" anymore.
Nevertheless, as I already mentioned, wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian
shows examples with TeX Gyre fonts and it is worth to update them (I'm
now working on that).

> However, since we count Cyrillic users using fingers of one hand :), I think
> you can drop old Gyre fonts and don't bother yourself with it. Anyone will
> seek another solution, and Gyre fonts never was of top quality, IMHO.
I doubt that quality appears with beginning of a font.

Don't forget about many another users which what to use Cyrillic
script but doesn't have MS or Adobe fonts (like me, I don't have any
product from MS so don't have they fonts or Adobe ones, Yes I took MS
fonts from machines with MS OS installed but this is illegal, Yes I
could download Adobe fonts from internet using P2P but this is illegal
too).

I prefer fonts what were used in my country (Russia) to print science
books in 70-80 yy of XX cent.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

* Re: TeX Gyre and (no) Cyrillic
@ 2010-01-08 10:21             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-01-08 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.01.2010 um 04:40 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:

> Nevertheless, as I already mentioned, wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian
> shows examples with TeX Gyre fonts and it is worth to update them (I'm
> now working on that).

You can also add a list a free fonts with cyrillic chars, e.g. DejaVu,
Computer Modern Unicode, Linux Libertine etc.

>> However, since we count Cyrillic users using fingers of one hand :), I think
>> you can drop old Gyre fonts and don't bother yourself with it. Anyone will
>> seek another solution, and Gyre fonts never was of top quality, IMHO.
> I doubt that quality appears with beginning of a font.
>
> Don't forget about many another users which what to use Cyrillic
> script but doesn't have MS or Adobe fonts (like me, I don't have any
> product from MS so don't have they fonts or Adobe ones, Yes I took MS
> fonts from machines with MS OS installed but this is illegal, Yes I
> could download Adobe fonts from internet using P2P but this is illegal
> too).

Microsofts core fonts (Times New Roman, Arial) are available on the net [1]
and Adobe provides Minion and Myriad as packages for the Adobe Reader [2].

I don't how the legal situation with Microsofts fonts is but Adobes fonts
shouldn't be a problem when you have also the Adobe Reader.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/corefonts/files/
[2] http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=unix

Wolfgang