* Context changelog
       [not found] <mailman.465.1258380900.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-16 16:39 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-16 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

Weird, but I cannot find Context changelog on the wiki.

Vyatcheslav

* Re: Context changelog
@ 2009-11-16 16:51   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-16 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Weird, but I cannot find Context changelog on the wiki.

Search for 'Release notes'.

Best wishes,
Taco

* the meaning of cutspace
       [not found] <mailman.465.1258380900.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-16 17:14 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-16 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I need to set up 1.5cm/2cm page borders.

Backspace in layout setup gives me expected result (distance from page
to the text). According to the wiki, cutspace should do the same for
opposite side of the page, but it doesnt. So, I cannot get the meaning
of cutspace.

\setuplayout[topspace=2cm, header=0cm, footer=0.6cm, bottomspace=2cm,
height=fit,

%leftmargin=1.5cm, rightmargin=2cm,

backspace=1.5cm, cutspace=2cm, width=fit]

\setuppagenumbering[location={footer,middle}, alternative=doublesided,
style=\tfx]

\showlayout\showsetups\showframe

\bye

Regards,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: the meaning of cutspace
@ 2009-11-16 17:28   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-11-16 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
<yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to set up 1.5cm/2cm page borders.
>
> Backspace in layout setup gives me expected result (distance from page to
> the text). According to the wiki, cutspace should do the same for opposite
> side of the page, but it doesnt. So, I cannot get the meaning of cutspace.
>
> \setuplayout[topspace=2cm, header=0cm, footer=0.6cm, bottomspace=2cm,
> height=fit,
>
> %leftmargin=1.5cm, rightmargin=2cm,
>
> backspace=1.5cm, cutspace=2cm, width=fit]
>
> \setuppagenumbering[location={footer,middle}, alternative=doublesided,
> style=\tfx]
>
> \showlayout\showsetups\showframe
>
> \bye
I'm not sure, but what about
width=middle
?

--
luigi

* Re: the meaning of cutspace
@ 2009-11-16 18:26     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-16 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
> <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to set up 1.5cm/2cm page borders.
>>
>> Backspace in layout setup gives me expected result (distance from page to
>> the text). According to the wiki, cutspace should do the same for opposite
>> side of the page, but it doesnt. So, I cannot get the meaning of cutspace.
>>
>> \setuplayout[topspace=2cm, header=0cm, footer=0.6cm, bottomspace=2cm,
>> height=fit,
>>
>> %leftmargin=1.5cm, rightmargin=2cm,
>>
>> backspace=1.5cm, cutspace=2cm, width=fit]

Don't use both backspace and cutspace at the same time.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: the meaning of cutspace
@ 2009-11-16 18:44   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-11-16 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> I need to set up 1.5cm/2cm page borders.
>
> Backspace in layout setup gives me expected result (distance from page to the
> text). According to the wiki, cutspace should do the same for opposite side of
> the page, but it doesnt. So, I cannot get the meaning of cutspace.
>
> \setuplayout[topspace=2cm, header=0cm, footer=0.6cm, bottomspace=2cm,
> height=fit,
> %leftmargin=1.5cm, rightmargin=2cm,
> backspace=1.5cm, cutspace=2cm, width=fit]

Hello Vyatcheslav,

You must be sure, that leftmargin + leftmargindistance <= backspace
and rightmargin + rightmargindistance <= cutspace.

Working example:

\setuplayout[leftmargin=1cm, rightmargin=1.5cm,
  leftmargindistance=2mm, rightmargindistance=2mm,
  backspace=1.5cm, cutspace=2cm, width=fit]

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: the meaning of cutspace
@ 2009-11-16 18:56     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-11-16 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Peter Münster wrote:

> Working example:
>
> \setuplayout[leftmargin=1cm, rightmargin=1.5cm,
>   leftmargindistance=2mm, rightmargindistance=2mm,
>   backspace=1.5cm, cutspace=2cm, width=fit]

I'm sorry, Taco is right. There is indeed a problem here...

Instead of "cutspace=2cm, width=fit" you could write
"width=\dimexpr \paperwidth - 35mm \relax".

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/