* latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-20 10:45 Thomas A. Schmitz
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-20 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Hi Hans, all,

the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:

mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)

Any pointers?

Thomas

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-20 10:59 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-20 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi Hans, all,
>
> the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:
>
> mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
> ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
>
> Any pointers?

I changed that line to:

  if not data or not next(data) or not next(data.specifications) then

and now it works again.

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-20 11:00   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-20 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> Hi Hans, all,
>>
>> the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:
>>
>> mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
>> ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
>>
>> Any pointers?
>
> I changed that line to:
>
>   if not data or not next(data) or not next(data.specifications) then
>
> and now it works again.

otoh: it now always returns only one font

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-20 12:17 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-11-20 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.11.2009 um 11:45 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> Hi Hans, all,
>
> the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:
>
> mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
> ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
>
> Any pointers?

1. delete the luatex cache
2. luatools --selfupdate
   mtxrun --selfupdate
3. luatools --generate

Wolfgang

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-20 12:34   ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2009-11-20 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/11/20 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:

> Am 20.11.2009 um 11:45 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:
>
>> Hi Hans, all,
>>
>> the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:
>>
>> mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
>> ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
>>
>> Any pointers?
>
> 1. delete the luatex cache
> 2. luatools --selfupdate
>   mtxrun --selfupdate
> 3. luatools --generate

I did so and solved this problem. However I can not use Chinese OTF
fonts such as 'AdobeSongStd-Light.otf', because luatex need very very
large memory to load it in the stage of *enhancing* . This is a test
file:

\definefont[song][name:adobesongstd]
\starttext
\song 测试
\stoptext

The process of compiling stops here:

!load otf       : loading:
/usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeSongStd-Light.otf (hash:
adobesongstd-light)
!load otf       : file size: 16229772
!load otf       : enhancing ...
^C

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-20 12:38 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-20 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi Hans, all,
>
> the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:
>
> mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
> ....text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
>
> Any pointers?

i'll add a safeguard

once you get it working you may also try:

mtxrun --script fonts --list --spec gentium

ok, gentium is a bad example but some fonts report weight, style and
width info (given that we have a sane font)

you can in context now use

\definefont[ThomasFavourite][spec:somename-bold-italic]
\definefont[ThomasFavourite][spec:somename-bold]
\definefont[ThomasFavourite][spec:somename-italic]
\definefont[ThomasFavourite][spec:somename-bold-italic-condensed]

etc. kind of experimental, as everything mkiv (and not to be confused
with the simple fonts alternative)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-20 12:38   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-20 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 20, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> Hi Hans, all,
>>
>> the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:
>>
>> mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
>> ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
>>
>> Any pointers?
>
> 1. delete the luatex cache
> 2. luatools --selfupdate
>   mtxrun --selfupdate
> 3. luatools --generate

Taco, Wolfgang,

thanks for your replies. Wolfgang: that doesn't change anything here. Taco: after applying this patch, a luatex-cache hangs at

!load otf       : loading: /Users/tas/texmf/fonts/truetype/greek/gentium/GenAR102.TTF (hash: genar102-gentium)

So it looks like the font loading mechanism has some deeper problems. The same binary works as exoected with an older version of ConTeXt, so it doesn't appear to be a luatex problem.

All best

@ 2009-11-20 12:50     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-20 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>>> Hi Hans, all,
>>>
>>> the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:
>>>
>>> mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
>>> ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
>>>
>>> Any pointers?
>> 1. delete the luatex cache
>> 2. luatools --selfupdate
>>   mtxrun --selfupdate
>> 3. luatools --generate
>
> Taco, Wolfgang,
>
> thanks for your replies. Wolfgang: that doesn't change anything here. Taco: after applying this patch, a luatex-cache hangs at
>
> !load otf       : loading: /Users/tas/texmf/fonts/truetype/greek/gentium/GenAR102.TTF (hash: genar102-gentium)
>
> So it looks like the font loading mechanism has some deeper problems. The same binary works as exoected with an older version of ConTeXt, so it doesn't appear to be a luatex problem.

do you have a small test file?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-20 12:51     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-20 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yanrui Li wrote:
> 2009/11/20 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:
>> Am 20.11.2009 um 11:45 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:
>>
>>> Hi Hans, all,
>>>
>>> the two latest betas have trouble loading fonts from my own typescripts. All errors point to the same line in font-syn.lua. I don't have a minimal example yet, but here's a minimal command line that triggers the error on my box:
>>>
>>> mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern="*gentium*"
>>> ...text/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-syn.lua:706: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
>>>
>>> Any pointers?
>> 1. delete the luatex cache
>> 2. luatools --selfupdate
>>   mtxrun --selfupdate
>> 3. luatools --generate
>>

> I did so and solved this problem. However I can not use Chinese OTF
> fonts such as 'AdobeSongStd-Light.otf', because luatex need very very
> large memory to load it in the stage of *enhancing* . This is a test
> file:
>
> \definefont[song][name:adobesongstd]
> \starttext
> \song 测试
> \stoptext
>
> The process of compiling stops here:
>
> !load otf       : loading:
> /usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeSongStd-Light.otf (hash:
> adobesongstd-light)
> !load otf       : file size: 16229772
> !load otf       : enhancing ...

that's only the first time

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-20 13:03       ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2009-11-20 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/11/20 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
> Yanrui Li wrote:
>>
>> I did so and solved this problem. However I can not use Chinese OTF
>> fonts such as 'AdobeSongStd-Light.otf', because luatex need very very
>> large memory to load it in the stage of *enhancing* . This is a test
>> file:
>>
>> \definefont[song][name:adobesongstd]
>> \starttext
>> \song 测试
>> \stoptext
>>
>> The process of compiling stops here:
>>
>> !load otf       : loading:
>> /usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeSongStd-Light.otf (hash:
>> adobesongstd-light)
>> !load otf       : file size: 16229772
>> !load otf       : enhancing ...
>
> that's only the first time

But it looks like abnormal. It is still *enhancing* after spending
3.3GB memory and about 1 minute. Finally I got the message:

!load otf       : loading:
/usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeSongStd-Light.otf (hash:
adobesongstd-light)
!load otf       : file size: 16229772
!load otf       : enhancing ...
! LuaTeX fatal error not enough memory.
\lowleveldefinefont ...dimexpr \textface \relax )}
                                                  \edef \somefontspec {at \s...
\dododefinefont ...inefont {#2}\rawfontidentifier
                                                  \csname \rawfontidentifier...
l.3 \song
          测试
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!MTXrun |
fatal error: return code: 1

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-20 13:41       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-20 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 20, 2009, at 1:50 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> do you have a small test file?

Not yet. It looks like it has something to do with font features, but I can't reproduce it with a minimal file yet (it occurs in a presentation with our simple-slides module). I'll try and see if I can find a small file that triggers the error.

@ 2009-11-20 17:49         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-20 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yanrui Li wrote:
> 2009/11/20 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
>> Yanrui Li wrote:
>>> I did so and solved this problem. However I can not use Chinese OTF
>>> fonts such as 'AdobeSongStd-Light.otf', because luatex need very very
>>> large memory to load it in the stage of *enhancing* . This is a test
>>> file:
>>>
>>> \definefont[song][name:adobesongstd]
>>> \starttext
>>> \song 测试
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> The process of compiling stops here:
>>>
>>> !load otf       : loading:
>>> /usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeSongStd-Light.otf (hash:
>>> adobesongstd-light)
>>> !load otf       : file size: 16229772
>>> !load otf       : enhancing ...
>> that's only the first time
>>

> But it looks like abnormal. It is still *enhancing* after spending
> 3.3GB memory and about 1 minute. Finally I got the message:

fixed in beta, was some kind of loop

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-21  1:28           ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2009-11-21  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/11/21 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
> Yanrui Li wrote:

>>> that's only the first time
>>>

>> But it looks like abnormal. It is still *enhancing* after spending
>> 3.3GB memory and about 1 minute. Finally I got the message:
>
> fixed in beta, was some kind of loop

Sorry for my noice. The problem still exists in the latest beta
(2009.11.21 00:06, linux x86) which was installed after I removed the
previous one completely. The problem just arise in loading Chinese OTF
fonts. It is normal for loading Chinese TTF font.

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-21  8:29             ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2009-11-21  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/11/21 Yanrui Li <liyanrui.m2@gmail.com>:
> 2009/11/21 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
>> Yanrui Li wrote:

>>> But it looks like abnormal. It is still *enhancing* after spending
>>> 3.3GB memory and about 1 minute. Finally I got the message:
>>
>> fixed in beta, was some kind of loop
>>

> Sorry for my noice. The problem still exists in the latest beta
> (2009.11.21 00:06, linux x86) which was installed after I removed the
> previous one completely. The problem just arise in loading Chinese OTF
> fonts. It is normal for loading Chinese TTF font.

I find out that the problem is caused by the new
'resolvers.split_path' function in data-res.lua. It can be solved with
the old  'resolvers.split_path' function instead of the new one.

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-21 20:45             ` Bernhard Rosensteiner
From: Bernhard Rosensteiner @ 2009-11-21 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

i wrote an email last thursday but got no answer because of this:

Your request to the ntg-context mailing list

   Posting of your message titled "fonts broken in recent ConTeXt
mkiv...?"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"Your message was too big; please trim it to less than 64 KB in size."

Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
at:

   ntg-context-owner@ntg.nl

whatever...

now i only have attached the .log and .tex (minimal example) files (first i attached the .otf font too). My problem with the otf font loading still exists (even after completely removing the old minimals and uptating via first-setup.sh). All my documents compile normal but the fonts are not visible (in one document i can see some strange numbers...predominantly 9) no matter what otf font i use (all my fonts are located in /Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/Fonts). All graphic related stuff works normal even the defined position on the paper is right. Fallback fonts (normal cmr) works (when i out-comment the \definefont line in my minimal example). I have Mac OS X 10.6.

please help

best regards
Bernhard

Am 21.11.2009 um 02:28 schrieb Yanrui Li:

> 2009/11/21 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
>> Yanrui Li wrote:

>>> But it looks like abnormal. It is still *enhancing* after spending
>>> 3.3GB memory and about 1 minute. Finally I got the message:
>>
>> fixed in beta, was some kind of loop
>>

> Sorry for my noice. The problem still exists in the latest beta
> (2009.11.21 00:06, linux x86) which was installed after I removed the
> previous one completely. The problem just arise in loading Chinese OTF
> fonts. It is normal for loading Chinese TTF font.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Li Yanrui

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 831 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: keine otf fonts.log --]

("/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Documents/ConTeXt Experimente/Fatal Error Tests/keine otf fonts"

ConTeXt  ver: 2009.11.21 11:45 MKIV  fmt: 2009.11.21  int: english/english

system          : cont-new loaded
(/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems         : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex
(/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv))
system          : cont-fil loaded
(/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
system          : cont-sys.rme loaded
(/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme (/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-tmf.tex (/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-tmf.mkiv)) (/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex (/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.mkiv)) (/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.tex (/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.mkiv)))
system          : keine otf fonts.top loaded
%
%	begin of optionfile
%
%	% runtime options files (command line driven)
%	\unprotect
%	% special commands, mostly for the ctx development team
%	% feedback and basic job control
%	% handy for special styles
%	\startluacode
%	document = document or { }
%	document.arguments={
%	}
%	document.files={
%	 "/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Documents/ConTeXt Experimente/Fatal Error Tests/keine otf fonts",
%	}
%	\stopluacode
%	% process info
%	\setupsystem[\c!n=1,\c!m=1]
%	\setupsystem[\c!type=unix]
%	% modes
%	% options (not that important)
%	\startsetups *runtime:options
%	\setupoutput[pdftex]
%	\stopsetups
%	% styles and modules
%	\startsetups *runtime:modules
%	\stopsetups
%	% done
%	\protect \endinput
%
%	end of optionfile
%
("keine otf fonts.top")
fonts           : preloading latin modern fonts
bodyfont        : 12pt rm is loaded
language        : language en is active
systems         : begin file keine otf fonts at line 13
fonts           : resetting map file list
{/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-empty.map}
fonts           : using map file: original-base
{/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-base.map}
fonts           : using map file: original-ams-base
{/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-ams-base.map}
fonts           : using map file: original-ams-euler
{/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-ams-euler.map}
fonts           : using map file: original-public-lm
{/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/fonts/map/pdftex/context/original-public-lm.map}
fonts           : using map file: lm-math
{/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map}
fonts           : using map file: lm-rm
{/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-rm.map}
system          : xmp data not flushed (needs luatex upgrade)
[1.1]
systems         : end file keine otf fonts at line 17
system          : cont-err loaded
(/Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-err.tex
systems         : no file 'cont-sys.tex', using 'cont-sys.rme' instead
) )</Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/Fonts/GaramondPremrPro-Disp.otf></Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman10-regular.otf></Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmono10-regular.otf>
mkiv lua stats : used config path          - /Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
mkiv lua stats : used cache path           - /Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-cache
mkiv lua stats : input load time           - 0.055 seconds
mkiv lua stats : stored bytecode data      - 195 modules, 48 tables, 243 chunks
mkiv lua stats : node list callback tasks  - 4 unique tasks, 3 created, 15 calls
mkiv lua stats : cleaned up reserved nodes - 25 nodes, 9 lists of 1408
mkiv lua stats : node memory usage         - 20 glue_spec, 2 dir
mkiv lua stats : used backend              - pdf (backend for directly generating pdf output)
mkiv lua stats : loaded patterns           - en:us:pat:exc:2
mkiv lua stats : startup time              - 0.782 seconds (including runtime option file processing)
mkiv lua stats : callbacks                 - direct: 507, indirect: 3588, total: 4095
mkiv lua stats : loaded fonts              - 54 files: lmmono10-regular.otf lmmono12-regular.otf lmmono8-regular.otf lmmono9-regular.otf lmroman10-bold.otf lmroman10-regular.otf lmroman12-bold.otf lmroman12-regular.otf lmroman6-bold.otf lmroman6-regular.otf lmroman7-bold.otf lmroman7-regular.otf lmroman8-bold.otf lmroman8-regular.otf lmroman9-bold.otf lmroman9-regular.otf lmsans10-regular.otf lmsans12-regular.otf lmsans8-regular.otf lmsans9-regular.otf eufb10.tfm eufb5.tfm eufb7.tfm eufm10.tfm eufm5.tfm eufm7.tfm msam10.tfm msam5.tfm msam7.tfm msbm10.tfm msbm5.tfm msbm7.tfm lmex10.tfm lmmi10.tfm lmmi12.tfm lmmi6.tfm lmmi7.tfm lmmi8.tfm lmmi9.tfm lmmib10.tfm lmmib5.tfm lmmib7.tfm lmsy10.tfm lmsy6.tfm lmsy7.tfm lmsy8.tfm lmsy9.tfm rm-lmr10.tfm rm-lmr12.tfm rm-lmr6.tfm rm-lmr7.tfm rm-lmr8.tfm
  rm-lmr9.tfm garamondpremrpro-disp.otf
mkiv lua stats : fonts load time           - 0.971 seconds
mkiv lua stats : result saved in file      - keine otf fonts.pdf
mkiv lua stats : luatex banner             - this is luatex, version beta-0.44.0-2009103007
mkiv lua stats : control sequences         - 29666 of 165536
mkiv lua stats : current memory usage      - 50 MB (ctx: 52 MB)
mkiv lua stats : runtime                   - 2.351 seconds, 0 processed pages, 1 shipped pages, 0.425 pages/second

[-- Attachment #1.2.3: Type: text/html, Size: 147 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.4: keine otf fonts.tex --]

\setuplayout [grid=yes, backspace=\dimexpr(\leftcombitotal),  cutspace=\dimexpr(\leftcombitotal),
location=singlesided, width=fit, height=fit, rightmargin=1cm, leftmargin=1cm, topspace=3\baselineskip,
bottomspace=6\baselineskip, header=1\baselineskip, footer=1\baselineskip, headerdistance=1.25\baselineskip,
footerdistance=1.25\baselineskip, leftedge=1cm, rightedge=1cm, marking=on, scale=1]

%\usetypescriptfile[type-MyTypeScript]
%\usetypescript[MinionProMyriadPro]

\definefont[TitleFont][GaramondPremrPro-Disp at 30pt]

\setupbodyfont[11pt]
\starttext

\TitleFont Wy the hell is there no font visible!!!

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #1.2.5: Type: text/html, Size: 7049 bytes --]

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-22  1:34               ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2009-11-22  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/11/22 Bernhard Rosensteiner <brosensteiner@gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> now i only have attached the .log and .tex (minimal example) files (first i
> attached the .otf font too). My problem with the otf font loading still
> exists (even after completely removing the old minimals and uptating via
> first-setup.sh). All my documents compile normal but the fonts are not
> visible (in one document i can see some strange numbers...predominantly 9)
> no matter what otf font i use (all my fonts are located in
> /Users/bernhardrosensteiner/Library/Fonts). All graphic related stuff works
> normal even the defined position on the paper is right. Fallback fonts
> (normal cmr) works (when i out-comment the \definefont line in my minimal
> example). I have Mac OS X 10.6.

You can try

\definefont[TitleFont][name:GaramondPremrPro-Disp at 30pt]

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui

* Re: latest beta: trouble with font loading
@ 2009-11-22 11:12                 ` Bernhard Rosensteiner
From: Bernhard Rosensteiner @ 2009-11-22 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)