* Columns and clubpenalty problem
@ 2014-02-04 13:52 Thomas Floeren
From: Thomas Floeren @ 2014-02-04 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

with the recent Betas, and the Current, I have a problem with columns and
clubpenalty. In the following minimal the long item (item 1) will introduce
a column break (instead of a simple line break):

\def \defaultclubpenalty{\plustenthousand}

\starttext
\startitemize [columns]
\item This is just a long line and should stay in the left column.
\dorecurse{10}{\item bla bla bla}
\stopitemize
\stoptext

Older ConTeXt versions work as expected (no column break in item 1), for example
Beta 2013.11.13 12:28 or Current 2013.05.28 00:36.

Thomas Floeren

* Re: Columns and clubpenalty problem
@ 2014-02-17 14:48 ` Pierre Bovet
From: Pierre Bovet @ 2014-02-17 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've the same problem, w/o solution.
An alternative is a double line brake, but it's not a durable solution…

Pierre Bovet

@ 2014-02-28 18:17   ` Thomas Floeren
From: Thomas Floeren @ 2014-02-28 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi all,
>
> I've the same problem, w/o solution.
> An alternative is a double line brake, but it's not a durable solution…
>
> Pierre Bovet
>
> Le 4 févr. 2014 à 14:52, Thomas Floeren <thfl@mac.com> a écrit :

Sorry for bumping, but the bug is still there in the current Beta (2014.02.14 17:07).

Or, is it not a bug, and I’m doing something wrong?
In that case any hint is appreciated.

Thank you
--
Thomas

@ 2014-03-07 12:38 ` Thomas Floeren
From: Thomas Floeren @ 2014-03-07 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04.02.2014, at 14:52, Thomas Floeren <thfl@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with the recent Betas, and the Current, I have a problem with columns and
> clubpenalty. In the following minimal the long item (item 1) will introduce
> a column break (instead of a simple line break):
>
> \def \defaultclubpenalty{\plustenthousand}
>
> \starttext
> \startitemize [columns]
> \item This is just a long line and should stay in the left column.
> \dorecurse{10}{\item bla bla bla}
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> Older ConTeXt versions work as expected (no column break in item 1), for example
> Beta 2013.11.13 12:28 or Current 2013.05.28 00:36.

Thank you, Hans. It’s fine now, with the new Beta from today :-)

Best wishes
Thomas

ConTeXt 2014.03.07 11:42; LuaTeX beta-0.78.2 (TeX Live 2014/dev) (rev 4746)