* Re: New current context: 2009.11.26
       [not found] <mailman.724.1259334888.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-27 15:57 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-27 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, Wolfgang Schuster

Hi Taco,

I see that  Wolfgang's fix for itemize indentation is not included in
the new version. Was it forgotten or treated a 'hack'?

(attached)

> Hans released a new current context yesterday. This is mostly a bugfix/
> catchup release for mkiv functionality, but there are also a few other
> bugfixes.

Regards,
Vyatcheslav

[-- Attachment #2: itemize.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 5076 bytes --]

\unprotected\def\complexdoitemgroupitem[#1]%
  {\def\currentitemreference{#1}%
   \ifconditional\textlistitem
     % begin of item
   \else
     \par
   \fi
   \ifconditional\concatnextitem % new, concat
     \noitembreak                % new, concat
   \fi                           % new, concat
   \doadvanceitem
   \ifconditional\firstlistitem
     \setfalse\firstlistitem
     \begingroup
     \ifcase\currentitemlevel
     \or % 1
       \ifcase\itemcolumndepth
         \ifconditional\introlistitem\noitembreak\fi
         \itembeforecommand
         \ifconditional\introlistitem\noitembreak\fi
       \fi
     \else % 2 en hoger
       \ifconditional\paragraphlistitem \else
         \edef\previtemlevel{\the\numexpr\currentitemlevel-1}%
         \ifcase\autoitemgroupspacing\relax % nieuw
           \itembeforecommand
         \or
            \doifelsenothing\itembeforecommand\itembeforecommand{\getitemparameter\previtemlevel\c!inbetween}%
         \else
           \getitemparameter\previtemlevel\c!inbetween
         \fi
       \fi
     \fi
   \else
     \ifconditional\textlistitem % was bugged: \inlinelistitem
       \ifhmode
         \removeunwantedspaces\hskip\emwidth\!!plus\interwordstretch\!!minus\interwordshrink\relax
       \fi % new per 2006/10/20
     \else
       \iteminbetweencommand
     \fi
   \fi
   \ifconditional\concatnextitem
     \vskip-\dimexpr\lastskip+\lineheight\relax
     \nobreak
   \fi
   \dolistitem
   \relax
   \ifconditional\packlistitem
     \setupwhitespace[\v!none]%
   \fi
   \getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!inner
   \marsymbol
   \let\marsymbol\relax
   \strut % added 11-08-99
   \setfalse\concatnextitem % new, concat
   \nobreak % else problems with intext items
   \hskip\itemsignal        % new, concat
   \getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!command} % \defaultitemcommand

\unprotected\def\dolistitem % evt aantal items opslaan per niveau, scheelt zoeken
  {\ifconditional\textlistitem
    % begin of item
   \else
     \par
   \fi
   \advance\noflistelements\plusone
   \optimizelistitemsbreak
   \checkindentation\ifindentation\indent\else\noindent\fi
   %\noindent
   \setbox\itemgroupitembox\hbox
     {\ifconditional\headlistitem
        \ifconditional\symbollistitem
          \dosetitemattributes\currentitemlevel\c!symstyle\c!symcolor{\symsymbol}%
        \else
          \dosetitemattributes\currentitemlevel\c!headstyle\c!headcolor{\listitem}%
        \fi
      \else
        \ifconditional\symbollistitem
          \dosetitemattributes\currentitemlevel\c!symstyle\c!symcolor{\symsymbol}%
        \else
          \dosetitemattributes\currentitemlevel\c!style\c!color{\listitem}%
        \fi
      \fi}%
    \ifconditional\fittinglistitems
      \ifdim\wd\itemgroupitembox>\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!maxwidth sp\relax
        \xsetitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!maxwidth{\number\wd\itemgroupitembox}%
      \fi
      \ifdim\currentitemmaxwidth>\zeropoint
        \setbox\itemgroupitembox\simplealignedbox{\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!itemalign}{\currentitemmaxwidth}{\box\itemgroupitembox}%
      \fi
   \fi
   \doifsomething\doitemdestination
     {\setbox\itemgroupitembox\hbox{\directgotobox{\box\itemgroupitembox}[\doitemdestination]}}%
   \globallet\doitemdestination\empty
   \itemgroupaskedwidth\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!width\relax
   % new, prevents loops when symbol is (not yet found) graphic
   \ht\itemgroupitembox\strutheight
   \dp\itemgroupitembox\strutdepth
   % so that content differs per run (esp mp graphics afterwards)
   \checkforrepeatedlistitem
   \ifdim\itemgroupaskedwidth<\zeropoint\relax
     \llap{\ifconditional\sublistitem\llap{+\enspace}\fi\box\itemgroupitembox\hskip\leftmargindistance}%
   \else
     \ifdim\itemgroupaskedwidth=\zeropoint\relax
       \calculatelistwidth1%
     \else
       \calculatelistwidth\currentitemlevel
     \fi
     \ifconditional\textlistitem
       \hbox{\ifconditional\sublistitem+\enspace\fi\box\itemgroupitembox\hskip\interwordspace}\nobreak
     \else\ifconditional\inlinelistitem
       \hbox to \itemgrouplistwidth{\ifconditional\sublistitem\llap{+\enspace}\fi\box\itemgroupitembox\hss}% was: \hfill
     \else\ifconditional\txtlistitem
       \dodotxtitem
     \else
       % todo: align+marge binnen de hbox
       \llap{\hbox to \itemgrouplistwidth{\ifconditional\sublistitem\llap{+\enspace}\fi
                              \symalignleft
                              \box\itemgroupitembox\hfil
                              \hskip\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!distance% T h
                              }}%
     \fi\fi\fi
   \fi
   \forceunexpanded % needed for m conversion (\os) / i need to look into this
   \setevalue{\@@currentitemsymbol\currentitemlevel}%
     {\getvalue{\@@localitemsymbol\currentitemlevel}}% still problems with \uchar ?
    %{\noexpand\getvalue{\@@localitemsymbol\currentitemlevel}}% no, spoils subrefs
   \resetunexpanded
   \setfalse\headlistitem
   \setfalse\sublistitem
   \setfalse\symbollistitem
   \EveryPar{\ignorespaces}% needed ?
   \ignorespaces}

* Re: New current context: 2009.11.26
@ 2009-11-27 16:23   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-11-27 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> I see that  Wolfgang's fix for itemize indentation is not included in
> the new version. Was it forgotten or treated a 'hack'?

well, i'm not copying each hack into my sources indeed.

normally wolfgang (or aditya or taco or ...) will let me know off list
when he/she's confident that a patch can make it in the core so i just
wait till that moment

(keep in mind that patches need to be checked for side effects and those
requesting some patch normally don't test all cases)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-11-28 18:41                 ` Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-11-28 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

That does indeed help. I have now run first-setup.sh successfully and all is well: there is a new “texmf-osx-64” folder right where it should be and context --version now works too.

Many thanks, Mocja!

Alan

@ 2009-11-28 16:38               ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-11-28 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-11-28 16:24             ` Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-11-28 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mocja—

You are right. So to get the latest first-sstup.sh I ran
$ curl -o first-setup.sh http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/first-setup.sh
and when I run
$ ./first-setup.sh --context-=stable
I am now am denied permission

Playing with the permissions -a or -u and using sudo does not seem to help.

I am assuming that when I eventually run the new first-setup.sh I will find a new folder:
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-osx-64/

Alan

@ 2009-11-28 14:45           ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-11-28 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-11-28 14:35         ` Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-11-28 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-11-27 22:29       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-11-27 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-11-27 17:40     ` Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-11-27 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 27, 2009, at 10;17,36 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:27, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> On Nov 27, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Hans released a new current context yesterday. This is mostly a bugfix/
>>> catchup release for mkiv functionality, but there are also a few other
>>> bugfixes.
>>>
>>> See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2009.11.26 for details.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Taco
>>
>> Hi Taco,
>>
>> thanks for the announcement, and a short note, mostly for Mojca: the os x minimals still ship with a luatex binary that is broken wrt metapost (I haven't tested other platforms).
>
> Working on it now.
>
>> Bowen Alan C. wrote:
>>> I have successfully installed and run this latest ConTeXt (in the minimals).
>>>
>>> What has happened to context --version and luatex --version?
>>>
>>> Both now get “command not found”.
>>
>> IIRC, mojca changed setuptex so that it only adjusts the PATH in the
>> current subshell. Can that be the problem?
>
> Hard to believe (though anything is possible).
>
> My crystal ball says that Alan uses Mac OS X Snow Leopard with 32-bit kernel.
>
> Alan, please:
> - fetch the latest first-setup.sh or set platform=osx-64 manually
> before calling mtxrun
> - you might need to remove --make from mtxrun and run mktexlsr/texexec
> --make manually until further notice (I need to fix some minor bug,
> sorry)
>
> Mojca

Hi, Mojca—

You have a great crystal ball! I have set my platform to 64-bit kernel startup mode, re-started, and re-installed the latest from the minimals using ./firstsetup.sh

Still no recognition of context --version and luatex --version.
As for your other suggestions, I get “command not found” for mtxrun, texmfstart, texexec, mtexlsr.

As you can probably also see in your crystal ball, I am at the limits of my knowledge of unix  and how ConTeXt, luatex are installed. So while I am happy to test what you say and provide feedback, please don’t get trapped into dealing with me about a problem that will eventually go away anyway. (My installation does still work, after all-- well, except for some unresolved problems with multi-page tables, but that is another thread.)

Very best, Alan

* Re: New current context: 2009.11.26
@ 2009-11-27 15:17   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-11-27 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-11-27 14:03   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-27 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-11-27 13:12 ` Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-11-27 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-11-27 11:27 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-27 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 27, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hans released a new current context yesterday. This is mostly a bugfix/
> catchup release for mkiv functionality, but there are also a few other
> bugfixes.
>
> See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2009.11.26 for details.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Hi Taco,

thanks for the announcement, and a short note, mostly for Mojca: the os x minimals still ship with a luatex binary that is broken wrt metapost (I haven't tested other platforms). I don't know when exactly Taco fixed this, but it must have been later. Any chance of compiling a newer luatex binary? Since this is a stable release, some people might rely on it for stability...

Thomas

* New current context: 2009.11.26
@ 2009-11-27 11:19 Taco Hoekwater