* Strange behaviour of indentation
@ 2009-11-30 12:00 Tomas Bures
From: Tomas Bures @ 2009-11-30 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

I have some strange problem with indentation.

I'm trying to typeset text with some verses. I use indentation in the
text, however I would like to suppress it below the verse. So, inside
the macro for verses, I use: indenting[next]

This works fine, however for some strange reason, the indentation of the
text paragraph isn't suppressed at some cases.

The macro I use for the verses is a bit more compliated, but I managed
to reduce the problem to the simple example below. The first 7 pairs of
quote and line are fine, then the text line is indented although it
shouldn't be. (Please see the attached PDF.)

Please, does anyone know what to do with this problem? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Tomas

\setuppapersize[A6][A6]

\setupindenting[small,yes]

\def\startMyQuote{
\startlines}

\def\stopMyQuote{
\stoplines
\indenting[next]
}

\starttext

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line

\startMyQuote
Quote line
\stopMyQuote

Text line
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: indenting.pdf --]

* Re: Strange behaviour of indentation
@ 2009-11-30 12:03 ` Tomas Bures
From: Tomas Bures @ 2009-11-30 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm sorry, the original PDF file was not completely according to the
sources below. The right one is attached here.

Thank you,
Tomas

@ 2009-11-30 12:10   ` Tomas Bures
From: Tomas Bures @ 2009-11-30 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I tried the workaround for the text direction bug in luatex as suggested
by Taco and Hans while ago for my other problem. It works even for this
case.

\let\textdir\gobblethreearguments

Thank you.
Tomas

@ 2009-11-30 12:21     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-30 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomas Bures wrote:
> I tried the workaround for the text direction bug in luatex as suggested
> by Taco and Hans while ago for my other problem. It works even for this
> case.
>
> \let\textdir\gobblethreearguments

That is getting weird. We will investigate this further.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Strange behaviour of indentation
@ 2009-11-30 13:29       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-30 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Tomas Bures wrote:
>> I tried the workaround for the text direction bug in luatex as
>> suggested by Taco and Hans while ago for my other problem. It works
>> even for this case.
>>
>> \let\textdir\gobblethreearguments
>
> That is getting weird. We will investigate this further.

Yet another luatex bug.

Best wishes,
Taco