* Windows executables not DOS in beta
@ 2009-12-01 13:05 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2009-12-01 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I just updated to the latest beta on Vista and I get the following
executing texexec.exe:
This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

Isn't this just a compiler switch? Would be helpful as I am calling
texexec from a Tcl script.

Christopher

* Re: Windows executables not DOS in beta
@ 2009-12-01 13:14 ` Massimiliano Lambertini
From: Massimiliano Lambertini @ 2009-12-01 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
> I just updated to the latest beta on Vista and I get the following
> executing texexec.exe:
> This program cannot be run in DOS mode.
I stumbled upon it in my XP box. I checked out on google and it seemed
that this bug had someting to do with the presence of multiple copies of
cygwin1.dll in your executable path.

However, wiping out all supplemental cygwin copies did not address the
problem :-(

Greetings,
Max

* Re: Windows executables not DOS in beta
@ 2009-12-01 14:24 ` Helmut Schwertner
From: Helmut Schwertner @ 2009-12-01 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I use contextminimals and todays update failed with the same message:
context.exe: This program cannot be run in DOS mode

greeting,

Helmut

Christopher G D Tipper schrieb am 01.12.2009 14:05:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated to the latest beta on Vista and I get the following
> executing texexec.exe:
> This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

Helmut Schwertner
Kirchweg 154
28201 Bremen

* Re: Windows executables not DOS in beta
@ 2009-12-01 16:24   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-01 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Massimiliano Lambertini wrote:
> Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
>> I just updated to the latest beta on Vista and I get the following
>> executing texexec.exe:
>> This program cannot be run in DOS mode.
> I stumbled upon it in my XP box. I checked out on google and it seemed
> that this bug had someting to do with the presence of multiple copies of
> cygwin1.dll in your executable path.
>
> However, wiping out all supplemental cygwin copies did not address the
> problem :-(

new beta

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-12-01 19:55     ` Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2009-12-01 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

No still not working. I've discounted the 'cygwin1.dll' issue as there
are only two copies on my hard-disk and the non-Context one is
definitely not on my path.

Christopher

@ 2009-12-01 21:15       ` Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2009-12-01 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, further investigations suggests that ctxtools has been fixed but
texexec returns the same message, "This program cannot be run in DOS
mode." No problem, it's not urgent.

Christopher

@ 2009-12-01 21:41       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-01 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
> No still not working. I've discounted the 'cygwin1.dll' issue as there
> are only two copies on my hard-disk and the non-Context one is
> definitely not on my path.

i'll test on an xp machine tomorrow

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE