* place figure without \placefigure
@ 2009-11-17 11:26 R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2009-11-17 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

in a german text I have to place two figures and a table.

If I use \placefigure they are well centered - but with french captions: Table
or Figure. I dont need the captions.
Without \placefigure, the figures are not centered.

Is there a way ?

Thanks,

--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org

* Re: place figure without \placefigure
@ 2009-11-17 12:01 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-11-17 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.11.2009 um 12:26 schrieb R. Bastian:

> Hello,
>
> in a german text I have to place two figures and a table.
>
> If I use \placefigure they are well centered - but with french captions: Table
> or Figure. I dont need the captions.
> Without \placefigure, the figures are not centered.
>
> Is there a way ?

\placefigure[none]{}{\externalfigure[...]}

Wolfgang

* Re: place figure without \placefigure
@ 2009-11-17 12:39   ` R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2009-11-17 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:01:11 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> scribit:

> Am 17.11.2009 um 12:26 schrieb R. Bastian:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > in a german text I have to place two figures and a table.
> >
> > If I use \placefigure they are well centered - but with french captions: Table
> > or Figure. I dont need the captions.
> > Without \placefigure, the figures are not centered.
> >
> > Is there a way ?
>
> \placefigure[none]{}{\externalfigure[...]}

it wörks nit, but

\midaligned{{\externalfigure[...]}}

wörks ;-)

@ 2009-12-02  6:01     ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2009-12-02  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

R. Bastian wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:01:11 +0100
> Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> scribit:
>> \placefigure[none]{}{\externalfigure[...]}
>
> it wörks nit, but

That's because the "none" ended up between the wrong parentheses; when
you do not want captions while using \placefigure, write "none" in the
spot where the caption would normally be:

\placefigure
[...]
{none} %no caption
{\externalfigure[...]}

This works, at least in older versions of ConTeXt. I've got a few
figures where it is used, this way I can be certain that the figure
placement etc. is consistent all over.

It works in combinations, too; in the following example I combine three
figures on one row. The whole combination does have a caption, but the
individual figures in the combination do not - so if you look at the
final pdf, this looks like any single figure with one caption underneath.

\placefigure
[here] % placement
[fig:nameplates] % reference
{IA sensor nameplates} % caption for whole group
{
\startcombination[3*1] % 3 columns, 1 row
{\externalfigure[sanitary ia]} {none}
{\externalfigure[general ia]} {none}
{\externalfigure[aggressive ia]} {none}
\stopcombination
} % whole combination in braces of placefigure

Regards,

Mari