* texshow
@ 2009-12-02 10:18 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2009-12-02 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo,

I can't find a file 'texshow.pl' anymore at my context tree.
Is the file excluded in actual minimals?

Wolfgang

* Re: texshow
@ 2009-12-03 17:24 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-03 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I can't find a file 'texshow.pl' anymore at my context tree.
> Is the file excluded in actual minimals?

mtxrun --script server --auto

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: texshow
@ 2009-12-05  9:25       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-05  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I tried to use this command under windows 2000 scite (console).
>>> The process does not do anything obvious. I have killed it after some
>>> time.
>> There should be a line like
>>
>> MTXrun | context services: http://localhost:31415/mtx-server-ctx-startup.lua
> I see the server up, but fonttest does an empty list even after extra
> --> rebuild database

ah, yes, i need to adapt it to the font database structure .. so keep
reminding me

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: texshow
@ 2009-12-04 23:39     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-12-04 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
luigi

* Re: texshow
       [not found] <mailman.879.1259942388.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-12-04 23:29 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2009-12-04 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4 Dec 2009 at 16:59, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:

Von:            	ntg-context-request@ntg.nl
Betreff:        	ntg-context Digest, Vol 66, Issue 21
An:             	ntg-context@ntg.nl
Antwort an:     	ntg-context@ntg.nl
Datum:   	Fri, 04 Dec 2009 16:59:48 +0100

> > Can I  P L E A S E  have my good old texshow.pl back?
>
> Not texshow but at least a overview over all documented commands:
> http://pragma-ade.com/download-5.htm

Is it possible to include a second XML-File (for the missing
commands) in the process which generates 'setup-en.pdf'? I don't like
to mix this.

With texshow there was an option to include an other second XML-File
with examples. Is this possible too?

Gruß, Wolfgang

* Re: texshow
@ 2009-12-04 16:02   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-12-04 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.3.1259924403.8230.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-12-04 15:57 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2009-12-04 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4 Dec 2009 at 12:00, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:

Von:            	ntg-context-request@ntg.nl
Betreff:        	ntg-context Digest, Vol 66, Issue 19
An:             	ntg-context@ntg.nl
Antwort an:     	ntg-context@ntg.nl
Datum:   	Fri, 04 Dec 2009 12:00:03 +0100

> >> mtxrun --script server --auto
> >
> > I tried to use this command under windows 2000 scite (console).
> > The process does not do anything obvious. I have killed it after
> some
> > time.
>
> There should be a line like
>
> MTXrun | context services:
> http://localhost:31415/mtx-server-ctx-startup.lua

There is no output at all.

> in the terminal, you can copy the link and use it in your browser to
> run texshow.

This works.
But this is blocking the scite-console, which I need for a couple of
other things.

Can I  P L E A S E  have my good old texshow.pl back?

Wolfgang

--
Musensturm-Verlag -- Postfach 1249 -- 36126 Gersfeld
>>> http://www.musensturm.de

* Re: texshow
@ 2009-12-03 22:16   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-12-03 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.860.1259862604.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-12-03 22:02 ` Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2009-12-03 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3 Dec 2009 at 18:50, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:

Von:            	ntg-context-request@ntg.nl
Betreff:        	ntg-context Digest, Vol 66, Issue 17
An:             	ntg-context@ntg.nl
Antwort an:     	ntg-context@ntg.nl
Datum:   	Thu, 03 Dec 2009 18:50:04 +0100

> > I can't find a file 'texshow.pl' anymore at my context tree.
> > Is the file excluded in actual minimals?
>
> mtxrun --script server --auto

I tried to use this command under windows 2000 scite (console).
The process does not do anything obvious. I have killed it after some
time.

Can I download 'texshow.pl' somewhere?

Gruß, Wolfgang

* Re: texshow
@ 2003-10-05 19:41 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-10-05 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Samstag, 04.10.03, um 09:42 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Steffen
Wolfrum:

>> BTW: On MacOS X one can use texshow only with X11 (there's no Perl/Tk
>> for Aqua).
>> Is there a way to increase font size? It's unreadable small (only on
>> X11/OSX, Win and Lin are ok).
>> I guess there's some standard X11 parameter?
>

> OK, use only with X11.
>
> So I started X11 and entered texshow in xterm:
> Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/context/perltk/
> /System/Library/Perl/Does anybody has an advice on how to use actually
> texshow?

Do you have developer tools installed? You need make, gcc etc. for
compiling the module(s).

perl -MCPAN -eshell

((
Enters Perl CPAN shell mode.
I think you must answer some installation questions of Perl Module CPAN.
And probably you must install LWP (LibWWWPerl) before Tk...
If it doesn't work try "force install" instead of "install"
))

install Bundle::LWP
install Tk
quit

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* Re: TeXshow
@ 2001-02-08 15:24         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-08 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:29 AM 2/8/01 -0500, Ed L Cashin wrote:
>Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>
>> At 09:01 AM 2/8/01 +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> >TeXshow also has a number of speed issues ;)
>>
>> I know -) and have the list of patches. [maybe i should start using texshow
>> myself; actually, texshow was written to be part of texwork, which i will
>> finish some day soon too]
>
>I'm curious: what do you mean by the list of patches?

taco an tobias send me some mails about texshow with suggestions (which are
still sitting somewhere in the 300 todo mailbox).

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: TeXshow
@ 2001-02-08 14:29       ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2001-02-08 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> At 09:01 AM 2/8/01 +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> >TeXshow also has a number of speed issues ;)
>
> I know -) and have the list of patches. [maybe i should start using texshow
> myself; actually, texshow was written to be part of texwork, which i will
> finish some day soon too]

I'm curious: what do you mean by the list of patches?

--
--Ed Cashin                    integrit file verification system
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu          http://integrit.sourceforge.net/

* Re: TeXshow
@ 2001-02-08 13:05       ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-02-08 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

> >I think Hans has a perl script that creates the tws files from the
> >same setup files that define the commands in the manual (setupb &
> >mult-con/mult-com).
>
> No. Just the undocumented crap file setup.d.tex (attached). Run it with
>
>   texexec --interface=.. setupd

Done. Works.

Well, except that whatever interface I choose I always get
cont-en.tws (even if the contents are the correct ones; I just need
to rename it to cont-[interface].tws).

Btw, playing with TeXShow I found a bug related to commands having
the same names in all languages: the first language with that command
is selected! An example:

\mar is \mar in de, nl, en, it but \okr in cz

If I'm browsing the italian interface and select \mar I get the
correct description; but if I then want to change interface
(e.g. to know how "\mar" is called in english) I end up
in the german interface, which I don't want.

Also, if I run "texshow mar it" I end up in cont-de again
(I assume that the same routine is causing the error)

And one more: I created cont-it.tws, it works fine, but it still says
"command", "dimension" etc instead of the italian forms; which file should
I localize? [and btw, Hans, did you receive my mail with the localizations
bug fixes for italian?]

Giuseppe Bilotta

Using Microsoft products is like
having sex without condoms---but
much less pleasurable

* Re: TeXshow
@ 2001-02-08 12:45     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-02-08 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

> I will pick up the interface documentation thread as soon as i have xml
> support stable, which is needed to process the multilingual mixed interface
> documentaion.

By the way, what about ConTeXt-documentation? Dead? Or simply
no more news on that front, still?

@ 2001-02-08 10:12     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-08 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:01 AM 2/8/01 +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>>
>> Well, I find TeXShow a good source of information for quick references;
>> I'd like to point a couple of facts, though:
>>
>> 1) the tws files seem a little outdated to me; maybe they need to be
>> regenerated ... and generally speaking, how do you create the tws files
>> relative to formats not already provided? [esp. the experimental ones]
>
>I think Hans has a perl script that creates the tws files from the
>same setup files that define the commands in the manual (setupb &
>mult-con/mult-com).

No. Just the undocumented crap file setup.d.tex (attached). Run it with

  texexec --interface=.. setupd

and you will get the file. When i have a 4.5 gig pentium 6 laptop, i will
start generating them automatically.

>As a side note: I'd be very happy with a version that uses the
>internal macro names. ConTeXt internals are a mixture of dutch

should be doable; i'll have a look at it when i start patching texshow (i
managed to get perl/tk working again so i will pick up that thread).

>No. I'm not even sure Tk allows that kind of trickery.

i think that you're right; i also found out that there have been some
changes in font sizes, function key handling and alike, sigh.

>> 3) the kind of information displayed by TeXShow is extremely compat---
>> I would dare to say too compact: in some cases it's difficult to say
>> which parameter does what---ok, TeXShow is intended for quick-reference,
>> so the user should already know what does what, but still ... I prefere
>> browsing the commands using it, rather than the interactive [or printable]
>> reference manual.
>
>Agree. Some sort of comment field within the \startsetup \stopsetup
>would be
>very helpful.
>
>TeXshow also has a number of speed issues ;)

I know -) and have the list of patches. [maybe i should start using texshow
myself; actually, texshow was written to be part of texwork, which i will
finish some day soon too]

Hans

[-- Attachment #2: setupd.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 5188 bytes --]

%D \module
%D   [       file=setupa,
%D        version=1998.07.20,
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ Setup Definitions,
%D       subtitle=Help Generation,
%D         author=Hans Hagen,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright={PRAGMA / Hans Hagen \& Ton Otten}]
%C
%C This module is part of the \CONTEXT\ macro||package and is
%C therefore copyrighted by \PRAGMA. See mreadme.pdf for
%C details.

\let\wait\relax

\input setupa

\unprotect
\f
% keys

\def\copymessage#1#2#3%
  {\dogetmessage{setup}{#3}\edef#1{#2\currentmessagetext}}

\copymessage \c!command!        *      {command}
\copymessage \c!dimension!      *      {dimension}
\copymessage \c!filename!       *      {file}
\copymessage \c!identifier!     *      {name}
\copymessage \c!character!      *      {character}
\copymessage \c!marker!         *      {mark}
\copymessage \c!number!         *      {number}
\copymessage \c!reference!      *      {reference}
\copymessage \c!plural!         *      {plural}
\copymessage \c!singular!       *      {singular}
\copymessage \c!text!           *      {text}
\copymessage \c!formula!        *      {formula}
\copymessage \c!font!           *      {file}
\copymessage \c!matrix!         *      {matrix}
\copymessage \c!list!           *      {list}
\copymessage \c!section!        *      {section}
\copymessage \c!noargument!     \empty {command}
\copymessage \c!oneargument!    \empty {command}
\copymessage \c!twoarguments!   \empty {command}
\copymessage \c!threearguments! \empty {command}

\edef\c!noargument!    {*\@EA\string\csname\c!noargument!    \endcsname}
\edef\c!oneargument!   {*\@EA\string\csname\c!oneargument!   \endcsname\string#1}
\edef\c!twoarguments!  {*\@EA\string\csname\c!twoarguments!  \endcsname\string#1\string#2}
\edef\c!threearguments!{*\@EA\string\csname\c!threearguments!\endcsname\string#1\string#2\string#3}

\def\subsetup#1{/#1}
\f
\beginTEX

\def\getinterfaceconstant#1%
  {\ifinterfacetranslation
     \ifx\csname\x!prefix!#1\endcsname\relax
       #1%
     \else
       \csname\x!prefix!#1\endcsname
     \fi
   \else
     #1%
   \fi}

\def\getinterfacevariable#1%
  {\ifinterfacetranslation
     \ifx\csname\y!prefix!#1\endcsname\relax
       #1%
     \else
       \csname\y!prefix!#1\endcsname
     \fi
   \else
     #1%
   \fi}

\endTEX

\beginETEX \ifcsname

\def\getinterfaceconstant#1%
  {\ifinterfacetranslation
     \ifcsname\x!prefix!#1\endcsname
       \csname\x!prefix!#1\endcsname
     \else
       #1%
     \fi
   \else
     #1%
   \fi}

\def\getinterfacevariable#1%
  {\ifinterfacetranslation
     \ifcsname\y!prefix!#1\endcsname
       \csname\y!prefix!#1\endcsname
     \else
       #1%
     \fi
   \else
     #1%
   \fi}

\endETEX
\f
\def\c!repeat! {repeat/} % {n*}
\def\c!arg!    {arg/}    % {{...}:}
\def\c!args!   {args/}   % {{..,...,..}:}
\def\c!dis!    {dis/}    % {$$...$$:}
\def\c!idx!    {idx/}    % {{...}:}
\def\c!idxs!   {idxs/}   % {{..+...+..}:}
\def\c!mat!    {mat/}    % {$...$:}
\def\c!nop!    {nop/}    % {...:}
\def\c!fil!    {fil/}    % {...:}
\def\c!pos!    {pos/}    % {(...):}
\def\c!poss!   {poss/}   % {(...,...):}
\def\c!sep!    {sep/}    % {\string\\:}
\def\c!ref!    {ref/}    % {[ref]:}
\def\c!refs!   {refs/}   % {[ref,..]:}
\def\c!val!    {val/}    % {[...]:}
\def\c!vals!   {vals/}   % {[..,...,..]:}
\def\c!var!    {var/}    % {[..=..]:}
\def\c!vars!   {vars/}   % {[..,..=..,..]:}
\def\c!cmd!    {cmd/}    % {\string\xxx:}
\def\c!dest!   {dest/}   % {[..ref]:}
\def\c!dests!  {dests/}  % {[..,..refs,..]:}
\def\c!trip!   {trip/}   % {[x:y:z=]:}
\def\c!trips!  {trips/}  % {[x:y:z=,..]:}
\def\c!wrd!    {wrd/}    % {{...}:}
\def\c!wrds!   {wrds/}   % {{.. ... ..}:}
\def\c!par!    {par/}    % {\string\par:}
\def\c!stp!    {stp/}    % {stop:}
\def\c!tex!    {tex/}    % {\string\cs:}

\def\c!or!     {}        % tzt or

\def\c!opt!    {}        %
\def\c!optint! {}        %
\def\c!alwint! {}        %

% wrapper

\def\startsetupfile
  {\immediate\openout\scratchwrite=cont-\currentlanguage.tws }

\def\stopsetupfile
  {\immediate\closeout\scratchwrite}

\let\documenteduntilhere\relax

\long\def\startsetup#1\stopsetup % the :'s serve as breakpoints
  {\bgroup
   \long\def\command         [##1]%
     {\immediate\write\scratchwrite{com:##1:}}%
   \long\def\type            [##1]%
     {\immediate\write\scratchwrite{typ:##1:}}%
   \long\def\value           [##1]##2[##3]%
     {\immediate\write\scratchwrite{val:##1:##3:}}%
   \long\def\variable        [##1]##2[##3]##4[##5]%
     {\convertsetupdata{##5}\ascii
      \edef\temp{\getinterfaceconstant{##1}}%
      \immediate\write\scratchwrite{var:\temp:##3:\ascii:}}%
   \long\def\inheritvalues   [##1]##2[##3]%
     {\immediate\write\scratchwrite{ivl:##1:##3:}}%
   \long\def\inheritvariables[##1]##2[##3]%
     {\convertsetupdata{##3}\ascii
      \immediate\write\scratchwrite{ivr:##1:\ascii:}}%
   \immediate\write\scratchwrite{startsetup}%
   #1%
   \immediate\write\scratchwrite{stopsetup}%
   \immediate\write\scratchwrite{}%
   \egroup}

\let\stopsetup\relax

\def\convertsetupdata#1#2% only accept #1=\v!whatever
  {\doifsystemconstantelse{#1}{\edef#2{#1}}{\let#2\empty}}

\input setupb

\protect

\end

@ 2001-02-08 10:05   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-08 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

@ 2001-02-08  8:01   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2001-02-08  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> Well, I find TeXShow a good source of information for quick references;
> I'd like to point a couple of facts, though:
>
> 1) the tws files seem a little outdated to me; maybe they need to be
> regenerated ... and generally speaking, how do you create the tws files
> relative to formats not already provided? [esp. the experimental ones]

I think Hans has a perl script that creates the tws files from the
same setup files that define the commands in the manual (setupb &
mult-con/mult-com).

As a side note: I'd be very happy with a version that uses the
internal macro names. ConTeXt internals are a mixture of dutch
and english. While writing modules, I want the module to work in
every language, so I quite often need the internal name of the command
instead of the interface specific one. Example: \blank is internally
defined as \blanko (dutch), but \setupbodyfont is defined as
\setupbodyfont (english).

> 2) is there a way to call TeXShow from the command line in such a way
> that it reuses exisisting windows (if present)?

No. I'm not even sure Tk allows that kind of trickery.

> 3) the kind of information displayed by TeXShow is extremely compat---
> I would dare to say too compact: in some cases it's difficult to say
> which parameter does what---ok, TeXShow is intended for quick-reference,
> so the user should already know what does what, but still ... I prefere
> browsing the commands using it, rather than the interactive [or printable]
> reference manual.

Agree. Some sort of comment field within the \startsetup \stopsetup
would be
very helpful.

TeXshow also has a number of speed issues ;)

--
groeten,

Taco

* TeXshow
@ 2001-02-07 14:11 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-02-07 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

[got rid of my signature because of possible
 misinterpretation of the mailing list]

* texshow
@ 2000-11-23 16:22 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-23 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I got some feature requests for texshow, but my current win98 activestate
perl installation segfaults on perltk, so i ask for a bit patience.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE