* MK II ( \mainlanguage[fr] && \useencoding[ffr] )+ mpost
@ 2009-10-06 14:11 aubin
From: aubin @ 2009-10-06 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
 I'm trying to compile a product of a complex structure (env +
project + product).
 - My useMPgraphics are included in a product using input
 - My environment starts with :
     enableregime[utf8]
     useencoding[ffr]
     mainlanguage[fr]
 just before startenvironment (else the horizontal spacing are not ok
for my products, compiled as standalone documents)
 As is, the metapost processing halts on
 ! Illegal suffix of declared variable will be flushed.
                    {
 l.149 path theshapemathortext {
                                 ;}{;}
 If I comment out *only* mainlanguage[fr], metapost's processings are
OK but I have english labels (Content, Chapter...) instead of french
ones (obviously).
 If I comment out *only* useencoding[ffr], metapost's processing
areOK but horizontal spacing for punctation are not OK (i.e. with
respect to french typographic standards).
 My question is : how I can obtain french labels + french punctuation
SIMULTANEOUSLY ;)
 I use the up-to-date context/metapost from minimals... And I can't
use MK IV since I need t-vim...
 (useencoding[ffr] is not known by MK IV as typeSTUFF from t-vim)
 Renaud

* Re: MK II ( \mainlanguage[fr] && \useencoding[ffr] )+ mpost
@ 2009-10-11 18:24 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <874ooghuvj.fsf@nibua-r.org>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-10-11 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

aubin@nibua-r.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile a product of a complex structure (env + project +
> product).
>
> - My useMPgraphics are included in a product using \input
> - My environment starts with :
>     \enableregime[utf8]
>     \useencoding[ffr]
>     \mainlanguage[fr]
> just before \startenvironment (else the horizontal spacing are not ok
> for my products, compiled as standalone documents)
>
> As is, the metapost processing halts on
> ! Illegal suffix of declared variable will be flushed.
> <to be read again>
>                    {
> l.149 path theshape\mathortext {
>                                 ;}{;}

what happens if you put \string in front of : and ;

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found]               ` <87k4x55eav.fsf@nibua-r.org>
@ 2009-12-03 17:20                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-03 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> OK, since I don't know the behavior of \setupcharacterspacing, the
> following question may seem stupid to you:
> How the following string will be processed « Did you notice that real
> NO-BREAK SPACE chars are already there? »

why not just try it

currently only intermediate kerns, glue and spacing characters are
considered

> More over, since I have just forgotten my « Lexique des règles
> typographiques en usage à l'imprimerie nationale »at work, I have to
> wait the morrow to confirm the fact that some use of U+202F NARROW
> NO-BREAK SPACE are necessary. Same question as the previous one applies
> when NNBSP are already there…

it depends to what extend you want context to clean up and optimize
spacing; it can be that 202F is there for other purposes (and maybe not
even consistently used as it is kind of invisible); so it should
probababluy configurable (we have already some modes)

> And the last question of the day ;) : … expends to . . . with
> french. Could that be easily corrected?

probably, but first i want proper specs on which most french users agree
(so i do an extra cc to arthur who is sort of in charge of the french
tex users)

> (This flow of question comes from my recent experiments of the advanced
> capabilities of bépo fr keyboard plus .XCompose usage).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE