* Selectively not using a font feature
@ 2009-12-06 22:45 Matthijs Kooijman
From: Matthijs Kooijman @ 2009-12-06 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm currently using old-style numerals in my document using the onum otf font
feature:

  \definefontfeature[default][default][onum=yes]

This gives very nice results, except for the cases where a 0 appears by itself
in the text. In these cases, it appears just like an o instead of a 0. I'd
like to explicitly turn off old style numerals for those cases, but I'm unsure
how. Any suggestions?

Gr.

Matthijs

For completeness, this is all of my font setup code:

% Script taken from the "typescripts" pacakage at http://modules.contextgarden.net/typescripts
\starttypescript [serif] [linuxlibertine]
    \definefontsynonym [LinuxLibertine-Regular]    [name:Linux Libertine O]             [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [LinuxLibertine-Italic]     [name:Linux Libertine O Italic]      [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [LinuxLibertine-Bold]       [name:Linux Libertine O Bold]        [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [LinuxLibertine-BoldItalic] [name:Linux Libertine O Bold Italic] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [LinuxLibertine-Caps]       [name:Linux Libertine O Capitals]    [features=default]
\stoptypescript

% Script taken from the "typescripts" pacakage at
\starttypescript [serif] [linuxlibertine]
    \setups[font:fallback:serif]
    \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [LinuxLibertine-Regular]    [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]     [LinuxLibertine-Italic]     [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [LinuxLibertine-Bold]       [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [LinuxLibertine-BoldItalic] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps]       [LinuxLibertine-Caps]       [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[linuxlibertine]

% Use old numbers when available
\definefontfeature[default][default][onum=yes]

% Define a custom typescript. We could also have put the \definetypeface's
% directly in the file, without a typescript, but I guess this is more
% elegant...
\starttypescript[Custom]
% This is a sans font that supports greek symbols
\definetypeface [Custom] [ss] [sans]  [iwona]                [default]
% This is a serif font that supports greek symbols
\definetypeface [Custom] [rm] [serif] [linuxlibertine]             [default]
\definetypeface [Custom] [tt] [mono]  [modern]               [default]
\definetypeface [Custom] [mm] [math]  [modern]     [default]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript [Custom]
\switchtotypeface [Custom] [10pt]