Oliver Heins schrieb: > Hi Peter, > > Peter Rolf writes: > > >> Oliver Heins schrieb: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> with color black overprinting is not working. You can easily spot this >>> when you use the »Ausgabevorschau« (sorry, my acrobat is in german >>> locale, must be something with »preview« in english; located in the >>> »tools« menu) in acrobat and remove magenta and black from the preview. >>> Whilst under the region with the magenta colored text the picture gets >>> shown, in the region with the black colored text the text is cut out of >>> the picture, leaving white. >>> >>> >>> >> I think the visible 'knockedout' text on the picture is just another >> acrobat bug. I manually checked the text and the OVP attributes are >> correctly set. If you use the coloring mechanism (Ausgabenvorschau -> >> Farbwarnungen -> [x] Überdruck anzeigen), you will see that everything >> looks ok. >> > > Yes, I noticed that, too. But to me it looks like it is first knocked > out in the pdf, and then the overprint flag is set. > > Good point. In that case the text must be set twice, as knockout and overprint can't coexist. I have looked into the uncompressed mkii PDF (\nopdfcompression) and I can not see any obvious flaw. The parts are clearly separeted by '/GSknockout gs' and '/GSoverprint gs', the black text is not set twice. Just an idea: the colorspace of the picture is RGB, the text is set in CMYK. Maybe the mixed color spaces mess up things here. > I made a document with scribus, which looks alright in acrobats preview: > http://www.sopos.org/olli/overprinting-scribus.pdf > > Same here. The difference is, that the picture here is also set in CMYK. So this points to the 'colorspace mess' theory too ;) > So I doubt that this is a bug in acrobat, but in context or even in > pdftex/luatex. > > >>> you have to manually copy the hacker.jpg to your working directory >>> (under linux e.g. with cp $(kpsewhich hacker.jpg) >>> /path/to/your/working/directory) and change the path to make the >>> minimal example work under mark iv. >>> >> I noticed this too (no picture with mkiv). BOF = Bug Or Feature :) >> > > Feature, as Taco kindly pointed out :-) > > Regards, > olli > >