Oliver Heins schrieb: > Peter Rolf writes: > > >> Oliver Heins schrieb: >> >>> Yes, I noticed that, too. But to me it looks like it is first knocked >>> out in the pdf, and then the overprint flag is set. >>> >>> >>> >> Good point. In that case the text must be set twice, as knockout and >> overprint can't coexist. I have looked into the uncompressed mkii PDF >> (\nopdfcompression) and I can not see any obvious flaw. The parts are >> clearly separeted by '/GSknockout gs' and '/GSoverprint gs', the black >> text is not set twice. >> >> Just an idea: the colorspace of the picture is RGB, the text is set in >> CMYK. Maybe the mixed color spaces mess up things here. >> > > But shouldn't the same effect be seen with other colors than black then, > too? And it only happens with black, and I think it happens even when > you do it within a cmyk-only document: > > I get the same 'kind of knockedout' text as in the other example... but the black text is set as /DeviceGray and not /DeviceCMYK (k-component). You can make this visible by using 'Vorschau: Separiert' with the option 'Einblenden: Nicht-DeviceCMYK'. I think this is just a limitation of the previewer. You can define your own cmyk black with \definecolor[myblack][k=1]. I bet that the knockedout effect will vanish with cmyk black (untested). > Can you test the following? My Acrobat is on a machine without net, and > my usb stick broke within the experiments. > > prepress mess + bad luck => *have a break and enjoy your weekend* :) > Best regards, > olli > > \setupcolors[state=start, cmyk=yes, rgb=no] > > \starttext > > {\bfb\setstrut > \startoverprint > \framed > [background=color,backgroundcolor=magenta, > foregroundcolor=yellow,align={lohi,middle}, > frame=off,width=3.5cm,height=3cm] > {overprint\\\property[knockout]{knockout}}% > \stopoverprint > \framed > [background=color,backgroundcolor=magenta, > foregroundcolor=yellow,align={lohi,middle}, > frame=off,width=3.5cm,height=3cm] > {knockout\\\property[overprint]{overprint}}}% > > {\bfb\setstrut > \startoverprint > \framed > [background=color,backgroundcolor=magenta, > foregroundcolor=black,align={lohi,middle}, > frame=off,width=3.5cm,height=3cm] > {overprint\\\property[knockout]{knockout}}% > \stopoverprint > \framed > [background=color,backgroundcolor=magenta, > foregroundcolor=black,align={lohi,middle}, > frame=off,width=3.5cm,height=3cm] > {knockout\\\property[overprint]{overprint}}}% > > \stoptext > > >