* Printen van code met een PDF overlay, makkelijk met ConTeXt?
@ 2009-05-29 14:58 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2009-05-29 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Beste allemaal,

ik wil broncode uitprinten met regelnummers op pagina's met een
bepaalde overlay. Ik heb dus ascii text files als input (de code) een
overlay in PDF en wil deze gecombineerd printen.

Ik zat te denken: is een ConTeXt based workflow hier een mogelijke
oplossing? De regelnummers e.d. kan ik eventueel met het pr programma
genereren.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Gerben

* Re: Printen van code met een PDF overlay, makkelijk met ConTeXt?
@ 2009-05-29 16:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-29 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerben Wierda wrote:
> Beste allemaal,
>
> ik wil broncode uitprinten met regelnummers op pagina's met een bepaalde
> overlay. Ik heb dus ascii text files als input (de code) een overlay in
> PDF en wil deze gecombineerd printen.
>
> Ik zat te denken: is een ConTeXt based workflow hier een mogelijke
> oplossing? De regelnummers e.d. kan ik eventueel met het pr programma
> genereren.

\defineoverlay[myoverlay][\overlayfigure{myfile.pdf}]

\setupbackgrounds[page][overlay=myoverlay]

if it has to be on top:

\setupbackgrounds[page][overlay={foreground,myoverlay}]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-06-04 14:10   ` Gerben.Wierda
From: Gerben.Wierda @ 2009-06-04 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> Beste allemaal,
>>
>> ik wil broncode uitprinten met regelnummers op pagina's met een bepaalde
>> overlay. Ik heb dus ascii text files als input (de code) een overlay in
>> PDF en wil deze gecombineerd printen.
>>
>> Ik zat te denken: is een ConTeXt based workflow hier een mogelijke
>> oplossing? De regelnummers e.d. kan ik eventueel met het pr programma
>> genereren.
>
> \defineoverlay[myoverlay][\overlayfigure{myfile.pdf}]
>
> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay=myoverlay]
>
> if it has to be on top:
>
> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay={foreground,myoverlay}]

Dank. Om het completer te maken. Stel ik heb een serie ASCII files met
broncode. Deze files wil ik printen
- landscape
- in fixed width font en zonder de tekstfiles te hoeven aanpassen
- met regelnummers
- met PDF overlay (als hierboven)
- met juiste vertaling van tabs naar posities

Wat is dan de (slimste) ConTeXt oplossing?

* Re: Printen van code met een PDF overlay, makkelijk met ConTeXt?
@ 2009-06-04 14:17     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-04 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can you ask your questions in english, your question could be relevant
for other
users too and it would be a shame if the don't understand it because
you use dutch.

Wolfgang

Am 04.06.2009 um 16:10 schrieb Gerben.Wierda@rna.nl:

>> Gerben Wierda wrote:
>>> Beste allemaal,
>>>
>>> ik wil broncode uitprinten met regelnummers op pagina's met een
>>> bepaalde
>>> overlay. Ik heb dus ascii text files als input (de code) een
>>> overlay in
>>> PDF en wil deze gecombineerd printen.
>>>
>>> Ik zat te denken: is een ConTeXt based workflow hier een mogelijke
>>> oplossing? De regelnummers e.d. kan ik eventueel met het pr
>>> programma
>>> genereren.
>>
>> \defineoverlay[myoverlay][\overlayfigure{myfile.pdf}]
>>
>> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay=myoverlay]
>>
>> if it has to be on top:
>>
>> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay={foreground,myoverlay}]
>
> Dank. Om het completer te maken. Stel ik heb een serie ASCII files met
> broncode. Deze files wil ik printen
> - landscape
> - in fixed width font en zonder de tekstfiles te hoeven aanpassen
> - met regelnummers
> - met PDF overlay (als hierboven)
> - met juiste vertaling van tabs naar posities
>
> Wat is dan de (slimste) ConTeXt oplossing?

* Printing source code intelligently with ConTeXt (with overlay)
@ 2009-06-06 13:52       ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2009-06-06 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4 Jun 2009, at 16:17, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Can you ask your questions in english, your question could be
> relevant for other
> users too and it would be a shame if the don't understand it because
> you use dutch.

Sorry, I forgot.

Here is the question. I have source code which i want to print using
an overlay in PDF, linenumbers, fixed width font, correct indentation
of tabs and in landscape mode. I could create some of this with the pr
program, but preferably I would like some sort of ConTeXt setup which
I could automate.

Yours,

Gerben

Overlay answer from Hans:

>>> \defineoverlay[myoverlay][\overlayfigure{myfile.pdf}]
>>>
>>> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay=myoverlay]
>>>
>>> if it has to be on top:
>>>
>>> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay={foreground,myoverlay}]

* Re: Printing source code intelligently with ConTeXt (with overlay)
@ 2009-06-06 13:58         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-06 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.06.2009 um 15:52 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> Here is the question. I have source code which i want to print using
> an overlay in PDF, linenumbers, fixed width font, correct
> indentation of tabs and in landscape mode. I could create some of
> this with the pr program, but preferably I would like some sort of
> ConTeXt setup which I could automate.

What do you want to do with the overlay?

Wolfgang

* Re: Printing source code intelligently with ConTeXt (with overlay)
@ 2009-06-06 14:16           ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2009-06-06 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

The overlay if a prelimiary of IfSQ code inspection (http://
www.ifsq.org). Source code is printed with the overlay and then a
visual inspection process is performed using the overlay to keep track
of results.

I tried the following with a test TeX file (no landscape or line
numbers yet):

> \defineoverlay[ifsqoverlay][\overlayfigure{IfSQ-overlay.pdf}]
> \starttext
> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay=ifsqoverlay]
> \typefile[SQL][]{details.pls}
> \stoptext

And the start of file details.pls is:

> PACKAGE BODY DETAILS IS
> /* Let op: wanneer er foutmeldingen ontstaan als
>    "Invalid cursor" en
>    "Missing mandotory parameter (ORA-01009)
>    dan wordt de form waarschijnlijk aangeroepen met "shared library
> data"
>    Kijk eerst bij de aanroep en zorg dat de aanroep met
> "no_share_library_data"
> is
> */
> -- mantis 1055: g_aantal_items toegevoegd en in update_details
> p_aanroeper toege
> voegd.
>
> -- lokaal:
> -- globale variabelen, eenmalig gezet bij initialisatie
> g_debug boolean := false; -- aanzetten om debuggen te vergemakkelijken
> g_max_lengte NUMBER := 2.5;
> g_max_hoogte NUMBER := 1.5;
> g_begin_pos_x NUMBER := 5;
> g_begin_pos_y NUMBER := 2.844;
> g_alleen_tonen VARCHAR2(1) := 'N';
> g_aantal_structuren NUMBER := -9; -- -9 en 9 zijn "schakel-waarden"
> g_multi BOOLEAN := TRUE;

But that ends in tears:

> (/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/pdfr-def.tex)
> systems         : begin file testsql at line 2
> (/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/verb-sql.tex
> (/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/verb-pl.tex
> ))
> Overfull \hbox (23.9878pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 4--4
> []|[] [][] [][] []\*12pttttftt*: dan[] []wordt[] []de[] []form[]
> []waarschijnli
> jk[] []aangeroepen[] []met[] []"shared[] []library[] []data"
>
> Overfull \hbox (61.03781pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 4--4
> []|[] [][] [][] []\*12pttttftt*: Kijk[] []eerst[] []bij[] []de[]
> []aanroep[] []
> en[] []zorg[] []dat[] []de[] []aanroep[] []met[]
> []"no_share_library_data"[]
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \doSQLtypefourfour ...ntfalse \prettyverbatimfont
>                                                   \fi \else
> \endPLtypesix \b...
> <argument> */
>              \relax \flushrestofverbatimline
> \processverbatimline #1->#1
>
> \dodoverbatimline ...ax \flushrestofverbatimline }
>                                                   \endverbatimline
> \global \...
>
> \presetnormalverbatimline ...\doflushverbatimline
>                                                   \fi \global \let
> \savedver...
>
> \readline ...line \else \presetnormalverbatimline
>                                                   \fi \fi \fi \fi
> \handlever...
> l.4 \typefile[SQL][]{details.pls}
>
> ? x

The overlay I am using is:

http://www.ifsq.org/resources/level-2/overlay.pdf

If prettyprinting does not work I would be happy with verbatim print
with line numbers and correct indentation.

Gerben

On 6 Jun 2009, at 15:58, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 06.06.2009 um 15:52 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>
>> Here is the question. I have source code which i want to print
>> using an overlay in PDF, linenumbers, fixed width font, correct
>> indentation of tabs and in landscape mode. I could create some of
>> this with the pr program, but preferably I would like some sort of
>> ConTeXt setup which I could automate.
>
> What do you want to do with the overlay?
>
> Wolfgang

* Interaction between overlay and typing?
@ 2009-06-06 14:59             ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2009-06-06 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm almost there:

\definetyping[SQL][option=color,numbering=line]
\defineoverlay[ifsqoverlay][\overlayfigure{IfSQ-overlay.pdf}]
\starttext
\setuppapersize[A4,landscape][a4,landscape]
\setupbackgrounds[page][overlay=ifsqoverlay]
\typefile[SQL][]{details.pls}
\stoptext

Gets me the landscape, A4, numbered output. It does not get me the
overlay. Some interaction between verbatim and overlay? I also do not
see any coloration.

* Re: Interaction between overlay and typing?
@ 2009-06-06 16:13               ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-06 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.06.2009 um 16:59 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> I'm almost there:

\setupcolors[state=start]

> \definetyping[SQL][option=color,numbering=line] %% linenumbering did
> not work in MkIV

                     method=<language>

> \defineoverlay[ifsqoverlay][\overlayfigure{IfSQ-overlay.pdf}]
> \starttext
> \setuppapersize[A4,landscape][a4,landscape]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay=ifsqoverlay]

                          background=ifsqoverlay

> \typefile[SQL][]{details.pls}
> \stoptext
>
> Gets me the landscape, A4, numbered output. It does not get me the
> overlay. Some interaction between verbatim and overlay? I also do
> not see any coloration.

Wolfgang

* Re: Interaction between overlay and typing?
@ 2009-06-06 16:25                 ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2009-06-06 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6 Jun 2009, at 18:13, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 06.06.2009 um 16:59 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>
>> I'm almost there:
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]

Gives me colors for SQL, but not very useful ones. I'll have to look
into that more.

>> \definetyping[SQL][option=color,numbering=line] %% linenumbering
>> did not work in MkIV
>
>                    method=<language>

What do you mean? Does this somehow get me good coloration?

>> \defineoverlay[ifsqoverlay][\overlayfigure{IfSQ-overlay.pdf}]
>> \starttext
>> \setuppapersize[A4,landscape][a4,landscape]
>> \setupbackgrounds[page][overlay=ifsqoverlay]
>
>                         background=ifsqoverlay

Yes, in the meantime I guessed this too. Hans'  instruction was
erroneous. (I would give something for decent ConTeXt documentation.
This has taken me hours fiddling around and guessing on the basis of
sources, just for something that simple as a background image)

@ 2009-06-06 16:36                   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-06 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.06.2009 um 18:25 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> What do you mean? Does this somehow get me good coloration?

Forget this, you can get different colors by redefining these settings:

\definecolor [colorprettyone]   [r=.9, g=.0, b=.0] % red
\definecolor [colorprettytwo]   [r=.0, g=.8, b=.0] % green
\definecolor [colorprettythree] [r=.0, g=.0, b=.9] % blue
\definecolor [colorprettyfour]  [r=.8, g=.8, b=.6] % yellow

Wolfgang

* PL/SQL pretty print
@ 2009-06-06 17:45                     ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2009-06-06 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6 Jun 2009, at 18:36, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 06.06.2009 um 18:25 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>
>> What do you mean? Does this somehow get me good coloration?
>
> Forget this, you can get different colors by redefining these
> settings:
>
> \definecolor [colorprettyone]   [r=.9, g=.0, b=.0] % red
> \definecolor [colorprettytwo]   [r=.0, g=.8, b=.0] % green
> \definecolor [colorprettythree] [r=.0, g=.0, b=.9] % blue
> \definecolor [colorprettyfour]  [r=.8, g=.8, b=.6] % yellow

It doesn't work out anyway. The pretty print for SQL is doing weird
things, e.g.:
- not coloring commentary in a seperate color
- coloring _ characters in variable names separately

Seems ConTeXt SQL pretty print of the PL/SQL I have does not work
properly with respect to coloring.