* Re: times new roman, arial and courier fonts
       [not found] <mailman.0.1264330801.10026.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-01-24 14:32 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-01-24 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> \definetypeface[winfonts][rm][specserif][Times New Roman][default]
>
> \definetypeface[winfonts][ss][specsans] [Arial] [default]
>
> \definetypeface[winfonts][tt][specsmono][Courier] [default]
>
> \definetypeface[winfonts][mm][math] [times] [default]
>
> \starttext
>
> Hello
>
> {\ss Hello}
>
> {\tt Hello}
>
> \stoptext

Wow! This is simply fantastic!!!

What a gift for me ant other ConTeXt users!

))))

BR,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: times new roman, arial and courier fonts
@ 2010-01-24 17:06   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-01-24 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.01.10 15:32, schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:
>> \definetypeface[winfonts][rm][specserif][Times New Roman][default]
>
> What a gift for me ant other ConTeXt users!

What's is even better is the underlying system.

With XeTeX and LuaTeX you can load font either by the filename
(file:...) or the fontname (name:...) but since the end of last year
there is a new system for MkIV. I call the system the spec-interface and
it let you load a font by its familyname and value for the weight and style.

The syntax for the spec-interface is:

A example how you can use this load 'Times New Roman Regular' is

   spec:timesnewroman-normal-normal

for 'Times New Roman Italic' the definition is

   spec:timesnewroman-normal-italic

and for 'Times New Roman Bold Italic' it is

   spec:timesnewroman-bold-italic

As you can see in the definiton above where I left the 'fontwidth' out
the value for fontweight, fontstyle and fontwidth are optional.

Another example for the spec-interface was shown by Hans a while ago:
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20091120.123832.8f76eed2.en.html

Wolfgang

* Re: times new roman, arial and courier fonts
@ 2010-01-24  9:59     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-01-24  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.01.10 20:22, schrieb Marius:
> The solution to my question is:
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-win]
> \starttypescript [winfonts]
>   \definetypeface [winfonts] [rm] [serif] [times]   [default]
>   \definetypeface [winfonts] [ss] [sans]  [arial]   [default]
>   \definetypeface [winfonts] [tt] [mono]  [courier] [default]
>   \definetypeface [winfonts] [mm] [math]  [times]   [default]
> \stoptypescript
> \usetypescript[winfonts]
> \setupbodyfont[winfonts,10pt]

There is another way to do this in MkIV.

\definetypeface[winfonts][rm][specserif][Times New Roman][default]
\definetypeface[winfonts][ss][specsans] [Arial]		 [default]
\definetypeface[winfonts][tt][specsmono][Courier]	 [default]
\definetypeface[winfonts][mm][math]	[times]		 [default]

\setupbodyfont[winfonts]

The third argument is one of the three keywords specserif, specsans or
specmono and the fourth is the familyname of the font. You could use
spaces and uppercase letters in the familyname because ConTeXt takes
care of this and removes them itself in the definition, this system is
build on top of the new spec-Interface for fonts.

Wolfgang

* Re: times new roman, arial and courier fonts
@ 2010-01-23 19:22   ` Marius
From: Marius @ 2010-01-23 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 23.01.10 15:46, schrieb Marius:
>
>  Hello all,
>>
>> how to set times new roman as \rm, arial as \ss and courier as \tt?
>>

> When you need only the Times/Arial/Courier look you can use:
>
> \usetypescript[postscript]
> \setupbodyfont[postscript]

Thank you for the hint.

@ 2010-01-23 14:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster