* Block quotes with multiple paragraphs
@ 2010-01-31 16:15 Tom Benjey
From: Tom Benjey @ 2010-01-31 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 308 bytes --]

I am away from home and don't have my reference books handy, so need to as a
simple question:

When block quotes include multiple paragraphs are these paragraphs separate
by \medskip or \smallskip?

Thanks,

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey

Football player w C small

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 26342 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: image001.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 2475 bytes --]

* Re: Block quotes with multiple paragraphs
@ 2010-02-01  9:17 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-02-01  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 31.01.10 17:15, schrieb Tom Benjey:
> I am away from home and don’t have my reference books handy, so need to
> as a simple question:
>
> When block quotes include multiple paragraphs are these paragraphs
> separate by \medskip or \smallskip?

Depends on the surrounding text, when you use indenting for the main
text i would also use indenting for the quoted text. To let the quoted
text stand out you can indent all paragraphs with

\startblockquote

\stopblockquote

..

or you insert empty lines before and after the quoted text

\setupdelimitedtext
   [<environment>]
   [spacebefore=line,
    spaceafter=line]

etc.

Wolfgang

* Re: Block quotes with multiple paragraphs
@ 2010-02-01 21:05 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-01 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1-2-2010 15:55, Tom wrote:
> I am away from home and don't have my reference books handy, so need to as a
> simple question:
>
> When block quotes include multiple paragraphs are these paragraphs separate
> by \medskip or \smallskip?

normally by the set whitespace, try

\setupwhitespace[medium]

Hans