* context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-05  9:33 Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-05  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi list,

another problem I encountered while installing and testing context-
minimals is that the context command is not willing in my case to
autobuild the metafun graphics I included in the document. Would be nice
if someone has an advice to me on to fix that, got it working under
texexec by creating a cont-sys.tex and linking it to the directory where
cont-sys.ori is located.

Greetings

Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-05 17:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-05 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-2-2010 10:33, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> another problem I encountered while installing and testing context-
> minimals is that the context command is not willing in my case to
> autobuild the metafun graphics I included in the document. Would be nice
> if someone has an advice to me on to fix that, got it working under
> texexec by creating a cont-sys.tex and linking it to the directory where
> cont-sys.ori is located.

mkii or mkiv?

in mkii one can set the mp related directives in the cont-sys file, but
depending on the distribution one might also need to enable write 18 in
the config file (the used one can be found with)

texmfstart --edit kpse:texmf.cnf
mtxrun     --edit kpse:texmf.cnf

in mkiv things are done automatically as no external mp is used

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-05 20:10   ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-05 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:43:35 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5-2-2010 10:33, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> another problem I encountered while installing and testing context-
>> minimals is that the context command is not willing in my case to
>> autobuild the metafun graphics I included in the document. Would be
>> nice if someone has an advice to me on to fix that, got it working
>> under texexec by creating a cont-sys.tex and linking it to the
>> directory where cont-sys.ori is located.
>
> mkii or mkiv?
>
> in mkii one can set the mp related directives in the cont-sys file, but
> depending on the distribution one might also need to enable write 18 in
> the config file (the used one can be found with)
>
> texmfstart --edit kpse:texmf.cnf
> mtxrun     --edit kpse:texmf.cnf
>
> in mkiv things are done automatically as no external mp is used

the problem is that mkiv is not build the included metapost graphics, or
has mkiv problems concering overlays or the project structure?

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-05 20:23   ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-05 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:43:35 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5-2-2010 10:33, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> another problem I encountered while installing and testing context-
>> minimals is that the context command is not willing in my case to
>> autobuild the metafun graphics I included in the document. Would be
>> nice if someone has an advice to me on to fix that, got it working
>> under texexec by creating a cont-sys.tex and linking it to the
>> directory where cont-sys.ori is located.
>
> mkii or mkiv?
>
> in mkii one can set the mp related directives in the cont-sys file, but
> depending on the distribution one might also need to enable write 18 in
> the config file (the used one can be found with)
>
> texmfstart --edit kpse:texmf.cnf
> mtxrun     --edit kpse:texmf.cnf
>
> in mkiv things are done automatically as no external mp is used

The problematic output is:
mplib           : initializing instance 'metafun' using format 'metafun'
mplib           : making 'metafun.mp' into '/opt/context-minimals/tex/
texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/ccfefc91ec3ed68af1aeed1f470fef4d/formats/
cont-en-metafun.mem'
mplib           : problems with 'metafun.mp' from '/opt/context-minimals/
tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/ccfefc91ec3ed68af1aeed1f470fef4d/
formats/cont-en-metafun.mem'
!pages          : flushing realpage 8, userpage 8

so what needs to be changed to get context mkiv running and creating the
metapost output?

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-05 20:40     ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-05 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 20:23:24 +0000, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:43:35 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 5-2-2010 10:33, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> another problem I encountered while installing and testing context-
>>> minimals is that the context command is not willing in my case to
>>> autobuild the metafun graphics I included in the document. Would be
>>> nice if someone has an advice to me on to fix that, got it working
>>> under texexec by creating a cont-sys.tex and linking it to the
>>> directory where cont-sys.ori is located.
>>
>> mkii or mkiv?
>>
>> in mkii one can set the mp related directives in the cont-sys file, but
>> depending on the distribution one might also need to enable write 18 in
>> the config file (the used one can be found with)
>>
>> texmfstart --edit kpse:texmf.cnf
>> mtxrun     --edit kpse:texmf.cnf
>>
>> in mkiv things are done automatically as no external mp is used
>
> The problematic output is:
> mplib           : initializing instance 'metafun' using format 'metafun'
> mplib           : making 'metafun.mp' into '/opt/context-minimals/tex/
> texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/ccfefc91ec3ed68af1aeed1f470fef4d/
formats/
> cont-en-metafun.mem'
> mplib           : problems with 'metafun.mp' from
> '/opt/context-minimals/
> tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/ccfefc91ec3ed68af1aeed1f470fef4d/
> formats/cont-en-metafun.mem'
> !pages          : flushing realpage 8, userpage 8
>
> so what needs to be changed to get context mkiv running and creating the
> metapost output?

Ok problem solved... missing rights to write to /opt/context-minimals/tex/
texmf-cache/, just chmoded it 777 so it will be usable for graphic
generation. Would be nice to include the possibilty to add in a standard
way a personal texmf-cache, or is there a way to do so and I don't know
about it?

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-05 23:48     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-05 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-2-2010 21:23, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

> mplib           : problems with 'metafun.mp' from '/opt/context-minimals/
> tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/ccfefc91ec3ed68af1aeed1f470fef4d/
> formats/cont-en-metafun.mem'
> !pages          : flushing realpage 8, userpage 8
>
> so what needs to be changed to get context mkiv running and creating the
> metapost output?

i'm clueless ... can others confirm such a problem?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-05 23:50       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-05 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-2-2010 21:40, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

> Ok problem solved... missing rights to write to /opt/context-minimals/tex/
> texmf-cache/, just chmoded it 777 so it will be usable for graphic
> generation. Would be nice to include the possibilty to add in a standard
> way a personal texmf-cache, or is there a way to do so and I don't know
> about it?

grep for texmfcnf.lua

this is a prelude to a replacement for texmf.cnf in mkiv

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-06  0:04         ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-06  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 00:50:43 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5-2-2010 21:40, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>
>> Ok problem solved... missing rights to write to
>> /opt/context-minimals/tex/ texmf-cache/, just chmoded it 777 so it will
>> be usable for graphic generation. Would be nice to include the
>> possibilty to add in a standard way a personal texmf-cache, or is there
>> a way to do so and I don't know about it?
>
> grep for texmfcnf.lua
>
> this is a prelude to a replacement for texmf.cnf in mkiv

Ok got this file Hans, and what would be a good replacement in there?

would it be ok to something like

return {
	TEXMFCACHE = '~/.context-minimals/texmf-cache',
}
ok or is it possible to use multiple paths in that syntax like:

return {
	TEXMFCACHE = 'Path1', 'Path2'
}
unfortunately on this point there is no documention I can find.
Thanks for your fast help Hans

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-06  0:11           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-06  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6-2-2010 1:04, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 00:50:43 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 5-2-2010 21:40, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>>
>>> Ok problem solved... missing rights to write to
>>> /opt/context-minimals/tex/ texmf-cache/, just chmoded it 777 so it will
>>> be usable for graphic generation. Would be nice to include the
>>> possibilty to add in a standard way a personal texmf-cache, or is there
>>> a way to do so and I don't know about it?
>>
>> grep for texmfcnf.lua
>>
>> this is a prelude to a replacement for texmf.cnf in mkiv
>>
> Ok got this file Hans, and what would be a good replacement in there?
>
> would it be ok to something like
>
> return {
> 	TEXMFCACHE = '~/.context-minimals/texmf-cache',
> }
> ok or is it possible to use multiple paths in that syntax like:

sure. you probably need to run "luatools --generate" after a change

> return {
> 	TEXMFCACHE = 'Path1', 'Path2'
> }
> unfortunately on this point there is no documention I can find.
> Thanks for your fast help Hans

no, for the moment just one cache path (maybe in the future more but it
is sort of tricky as quite some version testing has to be done then so
it's not a good idea to implement that while mkiv is in flux

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context mkiv metafun
@ 2010-02-06  0:42             ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-06  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 01:11:49 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 6-2-2010 1:04, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

>>> grep for texmfcnf.lua
>>>
>>> this is a prelude to a replacement for texmf.cnf in mkiv
>>>
>> Ok got this file Hans, and what would be a good replacement in there?
>>
>> would it be ok to something like
>>
>> return {
>> 	TEXMFCACHE = '~/.context-minimals/texmf-cache',
>> }
>> ok or is it possible to use multiple paths in that syntax like:
>
> sure. you probably need to run "luatools --generate" after a change
>
>> return {
>> 	TEXMFCACHE = 'Path1', 'Path2'
>> }
>> unfortunately on this point there is no documention I can find. Thanks
>> for your fast help Hans
>
> no, for the moment just one cache path (maybe in the future more but it
> is sort of tricky as quite some version testing has to be done then so
> it's not a good idea to implement that while mkiv is in flux

Million Thanks Hans
fixed it with the userspecific pathset and works like expected. WOW cool
to get so fast and late so qualified help...