* context minimals
@ 2010-02-01 20:02 Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-01 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Hans, hi list,

some questions for the minimals, used the texlive version up to now and
then found out that the 2k9 version of texlive has problems using context
mkii and mkiv.

so now I will start to use context from the minimals. so would be nice to
have some infos before starting. Is the howto in the contextgarden-wiki
still up to date or something needed to be changed in there?
Is the repository for the minimals only available via rsync or as git
too? And if there is no git version available is it planed to get a git
repo, or can one simply add one, as I would write an ebuild for funtoo
afterwards it would be easier for me to sync it that way, because it is
faster and only updates changes, compared to rsync.

If wished I could first make my github-account available for a git repo.

Greetings

Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-01 20:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-01 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1-2-2010 21:02, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
> Hi Hans, hi list,
>
> some questions for the minimals, used the texlive version up to now and
> then found out that the 2k9 version of texlive has problems using context
> mkii and mkiv.
>
> so now I will start to use context from the minimals. so would be nice to
> have some infos before starting. Is the howto in the contextgarden-wiki
> still up to date or something needed to be changed in there?
> Is the repository for the minimals only available via rsync or as git
> too? And if there is no git version available is it planed to get a git
> repo, or can one simply add one, as I would write an ebuild for funtoo
> afterwards it would be easier for me to sync it that way, because it is
> faster and only updates changes, compared to rsync.

rsync also updates only changes

> If wished I could first make my github-account available for a git repo.

on the garden there is s git repository for sources (current and beta)
but not for the minimals

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-01 20:47   ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-01 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 21:36:27 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 1-2-2010 21:02, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>> Hi Hans, hi list,
>>
>> some questions for the minimals, used the texlive version up to now and
>> then found out that the 2k9 version of texlive has problems using
>> context mkii and mkiv.
>>
>> so now I will start to use context from the minimals. so would be nice
>> to have some infos before starting. Is the howto in the
>> contextgarden-wiki still up to date or something needed to be changed
>> in there? Is the repository for the minimals only available via rsync
>> or as git too? And if there is no git version available is it planed to
>> get a git repo, or can one simply add one, as I would write an ebuild
>> for funtoo afterwards it would be easier for me to sync it that way,
>> because it is faster and only updates changes, compared to rsync.
>
> rsync also updates only changes
>
>> If wished I could first make my github-account available for a git
>> repo.
>
> on the garden there is s git repository for sources (current and beta)
> but not for the minimals
>
> Hans

Hi Hans,

thanks for your info, so I have the opinion that the git is much faster
and if contextgarden has one, is it possible to add a git for the
minimals there or who does one have to ask for it.

Thanks for the fast reply

Martin

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-01 21:04     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-01 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1-2-2010 21:47, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

> thanks for your info, so I have the opinion that the git is much faster
> and if contextgarden has one, is it possible to add a git for the
> minimals there or who does one have to ask for it.

mojca as she's in charge of the minimals

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-04 19:06       ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-04 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:04:48 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 1-2-2010 21:47, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>
>> thanks for your info, so I have the opinion that the git is much faster
>> and if contextgarden has one, is it possible to add a git for the
>> minimals there or who does one have to ask for it.
>
> mojca as she's in charge of the minimals

Hi Hans, Hi Mojca, hi list,

finished today an ebuild for funtoo, should also work under gentoo if
interested for an add to the contextgarden wiki let me know.

And Mojca, would be nice to get direct contact to you for some infos
concerning the build process of context-minimals. Just reply to my mail-
address from which I post.

Greetings

Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-04 20:08         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-02-04 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Patrick Gundlach, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 20:06, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:04:48 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 1-2-2010 21:47, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>>
>>> thanks for your info, so I have the opinion that the git is much faster
>>> and if contextgarden has one, is it possible to add a git for the
>>> minimals there or who does one have to ask for it.
>>
>> mojca as she's in charge of the minimals
>
> Hi Hans, Hi Mojca, hi list,
>
> finished today an ebuild for funtoo, should also work under gentoo if
> interested for an add to the contextgarden wiki let me know.
>
> And Mojca, would be nice to get direct contact to you for some infos
> concerning the build process of context-minimals. Just reply to my mail-
> address from which I post.

I'm sorry. I'm here and I'm reading, it's just that I didn't yet
figure out what to reply to you about git. About the speed of git:
it's indeed very fast, but you need to bear in mind that you would
need to download the whole archive of every single luatex binary
version (OK, compressed, but still).

If we start shipping the minimals as git repository (but then we would
ship it as a whole) it would be best to just put a cron job on
contextgarden.net that would update on regular bases. Volunteer?

Mojca

PS: rsync also updates "only changed files" which was still better
than updating the whole zip, though it does update the whole files,
not just the differences between files. It also has an advantage that
one would then easily switch back in time locally if something goes
wrong.

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-05  2:37 ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-05  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi together

unfortunately there are the doublestroke fonts missing in the context-
minimals. Will bring up an ebuild by today if everything works right. so
if somebody likes some help by doing so, I might explain what I did or
will make the ebuild available in github.

Greetings

Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-05  9:26           ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-05  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi list,

here is the directory for ebuilds written for funtoo to support context-
minimals and the dstroke fonts that were missing in my eyes in the
minimals.

Take a look if interested at http://github.com/golodhrim/foo-golodhrim/
tree/master/app-text/

Greetings

Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-05 18:01   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-02-05 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-2-2010 3:37, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
> Hi together
>
> unfortunately there are the doublestroke fonts missing in the context-
> minimals. Will bring up an ebuild by today if everything works right. so
> if somebody likes some help by doing so, I might explain what I did or
> will make the ebuild available in github.

ok, that way aditya can have a look at it

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-05 20:13     ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-05 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 19:01:24 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5-2-2010 3:37, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>> Hi together
>>
>> unfortunately there are the doublestroke fonts missing in the context-
>> minimals. Will bring up an ebuild by today if everything works right.
>> so if somebody likes some help by doing so, I might explain what I did
>> or will make the ebuild available in github.
>
> ok, that way aditya can have a look at it

And later that afternoon I wrote a short HowTo on howto setup and use the
overlay for his own purpose in an funtoo environment.

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-05 20:15     ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-05 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 19:01:24 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5-2-2010 3:37, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>> Hi together
>>
>> unfortunately there are the doublestroke fonts missing in the context-
>> minimals. Will bring up an ebuild by today if everything works right.
>> so if somebody likes some help by doing so, I might explain what I did
>> or will make the ebuild available in github.
>
> ok, that way aditya can have a look at it
so think forgot to post the link to it in the last mail. so will do it
here.

Here is the link to the HowTo for the funtoo build scripts for context-
minimals in funtoo: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals_Funtoo

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-06  7:45       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-02-06  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 19:01:24 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 5-2-2010 3:37, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
>>> Hi together
>>>
>>> unfortunately there are the doublestroke fonts missing in the context-
>>> minimals. Will bring up an ebuild by today if everything works right.
>>> so if somebody likes some help by doing so, I might explain what I did
>>> or will make the ebuild available in github.
>>
>> ok, that way aditya can have a look at it
> so think forgot to post the link to it in the last mail. so will do it
> here.
>
> Here is the link to the HowTo for the funtoo build scripts for context-
> minimals in funtoo: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals_Funtoo

If I understand correctly, the context-dstroke ebuild is just downloading
the doublestroke font http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/doublestroke/
and installing it in a proper TDS structure.

This is a small font, so I think that it is OK to just add this to the
minimals. Mojca, what do you think?

Aditya

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-06  8:24         ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-06  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 02:45:05 -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:

>>> ok, that way aditya can have a look at it
>> so think forgot to post the link to it in the last mail. so will do it
>> here.
>>
>> Here is the link to the HowTo for the funtoo build scripts for context-
>> minimals in funtoo:
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals_Funtoo
>
> If I understand correctly, the context-dstroke ebuild is just
> downloading the doublestroke font
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/doublestroke/ and installing it in
> a proper TDS structure.
>
> This is a small font, so I think that it is OK to just add this to the
> minimals. Mojca, what do you think?
>
> Aditya

Hi Aditya,

right, the ebuild for dstroke is just a load the font and copy it to the
appropriate directorys... If it is included in a later version of context-
minimals it would be nice to get informed about it, so I can can delete
the usage of the ebuild for dstroke...

Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-06  8:59         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-02-06  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 08:45, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> If I understand correctly, the context-dstroke ebuild is just downloading
> the doublestroke font http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/doublestroke/
> and installing it in a proper TDS structure.
>
> This is a small font, so I think that it is OK to just add this to the
> minimals. Mojca, what do you think?

That's fine with me. Just a question (I didn't check yet): is the font
supported in ConTeXt core?

Mojca

* Re: context minimals
@ 2010-02-06  9:07           ` Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz
From: Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz @ 2010-02-06  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 09:59:29 +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 08:45, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>> If I understand correctly, the context-dstroke ebuild is just
>> downloading the doublestroke font
>> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/doublestroke/ and installing it
>> in a proper TDS structure.
>>
>> This is a small font, so I think that it is OK to just add this to the
>> minimals. Mojca, what do you think?
>
> That's fine with me. Just a question (I didn't check yet): is the font
> supported in ConTeXt core?

Hi Mojca,

the font is not available in ConTeXt, but it is supported, you only need
to activate it in the Document as described at http://
wiki.contextgarden.net/Doublestroke
so it is usable, but not included and I think the only nice way to get
the Doublestroked fonts done...

Greetings

Martin