* Re: ancient greek module
       [not found] <mailman.397.1266673289.26807.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-02-20 18:21 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-02-20 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

Thanks for very clear explanation. I wikified it.

Vyatcheslav

> When you load a module with \usemodule[modulename] ConTeXt looks for a
> file with the following names:
>
> - m-modulaname (core module)
> - p-modulename (private module)
> - s-modulename (ConTeXt style file)
> - x-modulename (XML module)
> - t-modulename (Third party module)
> - modulename
>
> Once a file is found ConTeXt stops the search and loads the found file
> (only once).
>
> When you have two file with the same name but different prefixes you
> can tell ConTeXt which file it should load with
>
> \usemodule[<prefix>][modulename]

* Re: ancient greek module
@ 2010-02-20 11:36     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-02-20 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.02.10 11:19, schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
> Your module is called "t-ancientgreek" but you call "ancientgreek".
> Is it always save in ConTeXt to leave the part before "-" out?

Nearly always.

When you load a module with \usemodule[modulename] ConTeXt looks for a
file with the following names:

- m-modulaname (core module)
- p-modulename (private module)
- s-modulename (ConTeXt style file)
- x-modulename (XML module)
- t-modulename (Third party module)
- modulename

Once a file is found ConTeXt stops the search and loads the found file
(only once).

When you have two file with the same name but different prefixes you can
tell ConTeXt which file it should load with

\usemodule[<prefix>][modulename]

Wolfgang

* Re: ancient greek module
@ 2010-02-20 10:19   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-02-20 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.02.2010 um 22:52 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> On Feb 13, 2010, at 6:16 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is "t-greek-2008.08.11.zip" still valid (and recommended for MkIV?)
>
> OK, I uploaded a new version of t-ancientgreek. Only a few things have changed in the module itself. I hope the documentation is clearer and more concise, at least it's included again... There's no way I can test all the combinations of fonts in every engine, so if you use it and encounter a problem, just let me know - it's not easy to keep track of all the encoding and tfm and vf files...

Your module is called "t-ancientgreek" but you call "ancientgreek".
Is it always save in ConTeXt to leave the part before "-" out?

Steffen

* Re: ancient greek module
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-02-19 21:52 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-02-19 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 13, 2010, at 6:16 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is "t-greek-2008.08.11.zip" still valid (and recommended for MkIV?)

OK, I uploaded a new version of t-ancientgreek. Only a few things have changed in the module itself. I hope the documentation is clearer and more concise, at least it's included again... There's no way I can test all the combinations of fonts in every engine, so if you use it and encounter a problem, just let me know - it's not easy to keep track of all the encoding and tfm and vf files...

All best

Thomas

* Re: ancient greek module
@ 2010-02-15 10:00 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-02-15 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 13, 2010, at 6:16 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is "t-greek-2008.08.11.zip" still valid (and recommended for MkIV?)
>
>> From contextgarden:
> The requested URL /modules/t-greek/doc/greek/ancientgreek.pdf was not found on this server.
> The requested URL /modules/t-greek/doc/greek/readme.txt was not found on this server.
>

> Steffen

Sorry, I was away for the weekend. I just checked: the version should work both with mkii and mkiv. I have been working on a new version with improved mkiv support for a while now, but haven't gotten round to releasing it yet (and demand hasn't been very high); that's why the documentation is missing. If all you want is just a few Greek words and if you're using mkiv, however, you don't need the module: just use a font that has support for Greek (e.g. Gentium, which is part of the minimals for that reason) and just type your Greek, and everything should work (no hyphenation, however). Maybe I can get my act together and release something in the next weeks, but you can use this version.

Thomas

* Re: ancient greek module
@ 2010-02-13 18:05   ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2010-02-13 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2010-02-13 <12:46:55>, Matthias Weber wrote:
> I was about to ask a similar question. I'd like to include a few
> greek quotes (with correct accents) in an otherwise latin (english)
> text.
> What's the simplest way of doing this?

\usetypefile[linuxlibertine]    % have a look at ~/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/third/typescripts
\usetypescript[linuxlibertine]

\usetypefile[cmu]
\usetypescript[computer-modern-unicode]
\starttext
\setupbodyfont[computer-modern-unicode]
οἴνῳ δὲ κάρτα προσκέαται, καί σφι οὐκ ἐμέσαι ἔξεστι, οὐκὶ οὐρῆσαι ἀντίον ἄλλου.
ταῦτα μέν νυν οὕτω φυλάσσεται, μεθυσκόμενοι δὲ ἐώθασι βουλεύεσθαι τὰ
σπουδαιέστατα τῶν πρηγμάτων: τὸ δ᾽ ἂν ἅδῃ σφι βουλευομένοισι, τοῦτο τῇ
ὑστεραίῃ νήφουσι προτιθεῖ ὁ στέγαρχος, ἐν τοῦ ἂν ἐόντες βουλεύωνται, καὶ ἢν μὲν
ἅδῃ καὶ νήφουσι, χρέωνται αὐτῷ, ἢν δὲμὴ ἅδῃ, μετιεῖσι. τὰ δ᾽ ἂν νήφοντες
προβουλεύσωνται, μεθυσκόμενοι ἐπιδιαγινώσκουσι.

\setupbodyfont[linuxlibertine]
οἴνῳ δὲ κάρτα προσκέαται, καί σφι οὐκ ἐμέσαι ἔξεστι, οὐκὶ οὐρῆσαι ἀντίον ἄλλου.
ταῦτα μέν νυν οὕτω φυλάσσεται, μεθυσκόμενοι δὲ ἐώθασι βουλεύεσθαι τὰ
σπουδαιέστατα τῶν πρηγμάτων: τὸ δ᾽ ἂν ἅδῃ σφι βουλευομένοισι, τοῦτο τῇ
ὑστεραίῃ νήφουσι προτιθεῖ ὁ στέγαρχος, ἐν τοῦ ἂν ἐόντες βουλεύωνται, καὶ ἢν μὲν
ἅδῃ καὶ νήφουσι, χρέωνται αὐτῷ, ἢν δὲμὴ ἅδῃ, μετιεῖσι. τὰ δ᾽ ἂν νήφοντες
προβουλεύσωνται, μεθυσκόμενοι ἐπιδιαγινώσκουσι.
\stoptext

Regards,

Philipp

> Matthias
>

> On Feb 13, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >is "t-greek-2008.08.11.zip" still valid (and recommended for MkIV?)
> >
> >From contextgarden:
> >The requested URL /modules/t-greek/doc/greek/ancientgreek.pdf was
> >not found on this server.
> >The requested URL /modules/t-greek/doc/greek/readme.txt was not
> >found on this server.
> >

> >Steffen

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* Re: ancient greek module
@ 2010-02-13 17:53 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-02-13 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 18:16, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is "t-greek-2008.08.11.zip" still valid (and recommended for MkIV?)
>
> From contextgarden:
> The requested URL /modules/t-greek/doc/greek/ancientgreek.pdf was not found on this server.
> The requested URL /modules/t-greek/doc/greek/readme.txt was not found on this server.

There's only
    http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules/t-greek/doc/context/third/greek/readme
on the server at the moment. I have no idea where the pdf file has
gone - the readme has apparently been moved to another location, but
maybe Thomas forgot to update the docs.

Mojca

* Re: ancient greek module
@ 2010-02-13 17:46 ` Matthias Weber
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Matthias Weber @ 2010-02-13 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was about to ask a similar question. I'd like to include a few greek
quotes (with correct accents) in an otherwise latin (english) text.
What's the simplest way of doing this?

Matthias

On Feb 13, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is "t-greek-2008.08.11.zip" still valid (and recommended for MkIV?)
>
> From contextgarden:
> The requested URL /modules/t-greek/doc/greek/ancientgreek.pdf was
> not found on this server.
> The requested URL /modules/t-greek/doc/greek/readme.txt was not
> found on this server.
>

> Steffen

* ancient greek module
@ 2010-02-13 17:16 Steffen Wolfrum
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-02-13 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

is "t-greek-2008.08.11.zip" still valid (and recommended for MkIV?)

From contextgarden: