* Re: Automatically filling forms
       [not found] <mailman.435.1266859876.26807.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-02-22 20:46 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-02-22 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, Wolfgang Schuster

Wolfgang, editable pdf fields are also good idea, but this will be just
another form or current workflow, and I want another thing.

I want to generate pdf with data already filled in, taken from a
database. The form should be repeated as many times as there are rows in
the database.

By database I mean xml or plain text or excel format (cvs), whatever
easy editable.

What about it?

Vyatcheslav

@ 2010-02-22 21:05   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-02-22 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.02.10 21:46, schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:
> Wolfgang, editable pdf fields are also good idea, but this will be
> just another form or current workflow, and I want another thing.
>
> I want to generate pdf with data already filled in, taken from a
> database. The form should be repeated as many times as there are rows
> in the database.
>
> By database I mean xml or plain text or excel format (cvs), whatever
> easy editable.
>
> What about it?
XML: http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-43.htm
plain text: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/m-database (read also the
MyWay from Mojca -> page 3) <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/m-database>

Wolfgang

* Re: Automatically filling forms
@ 2010-02-22 16:05   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-02-22 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.0.1266836402.21245.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-02-22 15:58 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-02-22 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

First of all, thanks to NTG for the proceedings book.

I have a rather specific question. In my workplace, there are many forms
in Word format:

         TITLE OF THE FORM
A student ___________________________ (name, surname)
was employed at ________________ (place) _______ (date)
bla-bla
bla-bla

The fields represented here by underlines should be filled in.
Typically, it should be done electronically for a number (say, a group)
of students, and then printed out. Performing this task in Word was
proven to be error-prone and tedious.

What is the best way to handle such forms in ConTeXt? Maybe, some
generic examples are already available?

Obviously, data could be stored in simple relational database-like
columns: Name, Place, Data. But what format to choose? XML, CVS, plain
text?

Regards,
Vyatcheslav