* not understanding ConTeXt-XML
@ 2010-03-08 14:05 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2010-03-08 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

I guess I am a bit stupid, but I do not understand how to process xml
in ConTeXt.
I started working through the contextXML-example.pdf from the Pragma
site.
I tried to follow the example on page 8 which reads:
% here go style definitions
% and XML to TEX mappings
\starttext
\processXMLfilegrouped {filename.xml}
\stoptext

In TeXShop (working in the latest context-beta) I have the tex-input:

\def\Filenumber#1{[#1]}

<xsl:template match="dvd">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="dvd/filenumber">
	<xsl:text>\Filenumber{</xsl:text>
	<xsl:text>{\bf </xsl:text>
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
	<xsl:text>}</xsl:text>
	<xsl:text>}</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

\starttext
\processXMLfilegrouped {xml-input.xml}
\stoptext

and in file name.xml:
<dvd>
	<filenumber>D134</filenumber>
</dvd>

I get the obviously wrong result:

<xsl:template match="dvd"> <xsl:apply-templates/> </xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="dvd/filenumber"> <xsl:text>[</xsl:text>
<xsl:text></xsl:text>
<xsl:apply-templates/> <xsl:text></xsl:text> <xsl:text>]</xsl:text> </
xsl:template>
D134

My main problem seems to be the proper incantations and in the right
order.
What is the relation between the <xsl:template>-definitions and the
xml-processing, because these data show up in the result?
What is in this respect the function of macros like
\defineXMLenvironment, etc? From the example document I cannot infer
the relation between these and the <xsl:template>-definitions.
Just some pointers in the right direction may set me on the right
track. Thanks in advance.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: not understanding ConTeXt-XML
@ 2010-03-08 14:22 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-03-08 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.03.10 15:05, schrieb Hans van der Meer:
> I guess I am a bit stupid, but I do not understand how to process xml
> in ConTeXt.
> I started working through the contextXML-example.pdf from the Pragma site.
> I tried to follow the example on page 8 which reads:
For MKII you need the \defineXMLenvironment etc. commands.

For MKIV you should first read Thomas MyWay:
http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/tas/

Wolfgang