* three problems
@ 2010-03-24 23:37 Michael Saunders
From: Michael Saunders @ 2010-03-24 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

1.  central headers with margin overhanging:

I find that the following line:

\setupheadertexts[margin][\rlap{\getmarking[section]}\hfill][\hfill\llap{\getmarking[subsection]}]

will set up a header nicely, overhanging the margins.  To be clear, I
meant that:
the left header text begins at the leftmost extreme of the left margin
and goes as far right as it needs to, even above the text area, and
the right header text begins whereever it has to, even above the text,
to end at the rightmost extreme of the right margin.

On the other hand, this code:

\setupheadertexts[\setups{text a}]
\startsetups[text a]
  \rlap{\getmarking[section]}\hfill
  \hfill
  --center text here--
  \hfill
  \hfill\llap{\getmarking[subsection]}
\stopsetups

can place a center header text.

Is there a way to do both?

2.  marginal notes with columns:

If I have a two-column text with margins on either side, is there a
way for \inmargin{} or something like it to place text in the margin
next to the column where it occurs?
I haven't been able to avoid it overprinting the text in the opposite column.

3.  leftward protrusion:

When I look at my output with \showgrid, it's clear that there is no
leftward protrusion at all.  Everything is flush with the margin, even
'T' and 'J'.

I'm using:

\definefontfeature[...][default][...,protrusion=quality,expansion=quality]
\setupalign[hanging,hz]

* Re: three problems
@ 2010-03-25  5:23 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-03-25  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.03.10 00:37, schrieb Michael Saunders:
> 1.  central headers with margin overhanging:
>
> I find that the following line:
>
> \setupheadertexts[margin][\rlap{\getmarking[section]}\hfill][\hfill\llap{\getmarking[subsection]}]
>
> will set up a header nicely, overhanging the margins.  To be clear, I
> meant that:
> the left header text begins at the leftmost extreme of the left margin
> and goes as far right as it needs to, even above the text area, and
> the right header text begins whereever it has to, even above the text,
> to end at the rightmost extreme of the right margin.
>
> On the other hand, this code:
>
> \setupheadertexts[\setups{text a}]
> \startsetups[text a]
>    \rlap{\getmarking[section]}\hfill
>    \hfill
>    --center text here--
>    \hfill
>    \hfill\llap{\getmarking[subsection]}
> \stopsetups
>
> can place a center header text.
>
> Is there a way to do both?

\setuplayout
   [backspace=6cm,
    width=middle]

\setupheadertexts
   [margin]
   [\leftaligned{very long leftmargin text}]
   [\rightaligned{very long rightmargin text}]

\setupheadertexts[text in the middle]

\showframe

\starttext
\input knuth
\stoptext

or

\setuplayout
   [backspace=6cm,
    width=middle]

\setupheader
   [margin]
   [lefttext=\leftaligned{very long leftmargin text},
    righttext=\rightaligned{very long rightmargin text}]

\setupheader
   [text]
   [middletext={text in the middle}]

\showframe